Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable Suvam Now Availible!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Doom_Dealer
06-16-2004, 1:03 PM
RECRUITABLE SUVAM BY DOOM DEALER

availible with screenshot at: http://www.pcgamemods.com/5742/)

--edit-- Pack includes, custom portrait and dialogues!!!!

//IMPORTANT//
-this mod will work with the Sith Armarda mod and darth333's recruitable dustil mod.
- you are still able to access Suvams shop and play pazaak with him when you have recruited him, i have created a custom dlg so you can.
//IMPORTANT//

OK all, this is a recruitment mod for suvam (the rodian on yavin station) and will replace mission, you dont get him straight away but he's a very descent guy to have in your team (dont worry, he hasnt gotstupidly mega stats).

anyway, as said, this won't override your other recruitment mods, heres the readme:

Installation:
Place all the files (apart from this readme) into the ProgramFiles/Lucasarts/SWKoTOR/Override directory.

Uninstallation:
Simply delete all the files from your Override directory

How to Recruit:
You won't be able to recruit suvam till later on in the game. I have made it so you have to work towards it.
You can recruit him after him after you have the final confrontation with the trandoshans (the one where they are stealthed when you enter
and then unstealth and attack you)

Once you have defeated him he will show you his new inventory as before.

Now, if you speak to him again (you may have to elave yavin station and then fly back there again) he may initiate a certain dialogue, it varies between 2 i think.

anyway, the one you are looking for starts with:
"Eh? Oh, you're back again. Well, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be here. I keep thinking the Trandoshans will be coming back in force... and I don't want to be around when they do."

There will be a new reply to this (number 6 i think), scroll down past the [Force Persuade] option and you can ask to recruit him, and he accepts

ANYWAY
he ahs his own custom dialogue, with sound etc. SO DON'T WORRY, you can still access his shop with all the goodies and you can still play some pazaak against him.

ANYWAY
enjoy,m
Doom_Dealer

--edit-- Feedback welcome, but i really do suggest giving it a go.
 Colja
06-16-2004, 1:06 PM
Awesome doom!
 Drog
06-16-2004, 1:11 PM
I got this mod before everybody else so i know this the best (exept doom_dealer)

Ok i know you hate rodians... but this is totally different
an OLD Experienced RODIAN who doesent want it..
Suvam from the spacestation... when you recruited him you can consider the spacestation as yours yaaay :D Suvam is a good bloke on the ship and replaces mission who wants her anyway this is a mod that i wouldent throw if i could get darth malak..
Doom dealer made this proffesionally with sounds and a little cutscene. the best part is now you can play pazaak all the time on the ship :D and chill out maybe watch the match on the tv(workbench) grab a beer at zaalbars cantina... (Kidding) well i gave this recruitmod 10/10 because its proffseional , got sounds nice dialog , not only "HEY LETS JOIN UP AND CRUSH THE GALAXIE"
Well nice Doom Dealer :D :D
 TheSock
06-16-2004, 1:13 PM
Awesome!! Thanks a lot, I always wanted a Rodian in my group. :D :rodian: :D
 Colja
06-16-2004, 1:22 PM
With this mod and my gunslinger gauntlet, you could have a small rodian army!
 Doom_Dealer
06-16-2004, 3:05 PM
What the hell!!! will someone please explain to me how my rating in 2.92, and it went there by getting 10 votes in as many minutes!!!
 override367
06-16-2004, 3:11 PM
I dunno, my stupid wookiee mod was 8 for a while, which is crazy because it took like 3 minutes to make and wasn't even very good

whereas I see lots of really good mods getting really crappy ratings
:confused:

my advice: ignore pcgamemods ratings
 Jackel
06-16-2004, 3:12 PM
easy , poeple dont really care for mods so vote them what ever the hell they feel like , if they know you they will vote oyu 10 , if they dont they will vote you 1 just because they can
 Doom_Dealer
06-16-2004, 3:17 PM
anyway, lets ignore the stupid people.

what you think of the mod
 Darth333
06-16-2004, 3:35 PM
Good work DD! Haven't try your mod yet but I'll do it for sure :)

Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
RECRUITABLE SUVAM BY DOOM DEALER
ANYWAY
with sound etc.

That's the good thing about recruiting aliens: you can use the existing sound files :D (the sound manipulation I went through for the Dustil mod was painful and I don't think I would do it again - I would rather use twilek language)

BTW, don't worry about PCgamemods ratings: looks like some kids have nothing else to do than voting 1. I don't count the times it happened to me and to others as well.
 Drog
06-16-2004, 3:36 PM
Well read up there i posted my fully reply of loving this mod :D
 TheSock
06-16-2004, 3:45 PM
One question, though. With most of my characters, I've met the Trandoshans and scared them off, I've never had them actually attack me. Should I just keep going back to the station a few more times or is there something else to it?
 Darth333
06-16-2004, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by TheSock
One question, though. With most of my characters, I've met the Trandoshans and scared them off, I've never had them actually attack me. Should I just keep going back to the station a few more times or is there something else to it?

You have to go to the station at least three times and the trandoshans spawn only after the last star map.
 TheSock
06-16-2004, 4:01 PM
Ok, thanks for the info and quick reply. :)
 Nodakrattler
06-16-2004, 4:50 PM
Just found out a downloaded. That's sweet man, great work!
 CirCuSfrEak525
06-16-2004, 5:21 PM
yeah great job doom dealer recruitable rodian definetly a worthwhile dl!!
 Doom_Dealer
06-16-2004, 5:34 PM
Originally posted by CirCuSfrEak525
yeah great doom dealer recruitable rodian definetly a worthwhile dl!!

ye, i had seen some discussion a while ago about a rodian inyour pary for kotor2, there were mixed responses but i figured some of you would appreciate it. next up maybe a selkath
 Drog
06-16-2004, 5:37 PM
ye, i had seen some discussion a while ago about a rodian inyour pary for kotor2, there were mixed responses but i figured some of you would appreciate it. next up maybe a selkath

YAY Doom Selkath!!! WIEE WIEE WIEE (gets very excited)
Btw i have done a dialog and so on for a selkath i can send it to you on msn it just need a recruit script ^_^ and the selkath language..
 Darth333
06-16-2004, 7:55 PM
Originally posted by Drog
YAY Doom Selkath!!! WIEE WIEE WIEE (gets very excited)
Btw i have done a dialog and so on for a selkath i can send it to you on msn it just need a recruit script ^_^ and the selkath language..

You only need to attach the following script to the dialog (.dlg file by typing the name of your nss file in the script field of the dialog branch you want to attach it to:

void main ()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(7);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, "my_npc");
}

Slot 7will replace t3m4.
Paste the script in notepad, save with a .nss extension then compile with HazardX script compiler: http://www.megamods.de/_data/parts/dl.php?file=37)
 Darth333
06-16-2004, 8:18 PM
oh i forgot the sound Drog.
for a selkath you can use the following Entries. Just type the name in the sound (CResRef) field of each entry in the EntryList of the Dlg file:
n_gwsel_angl
n_gwsel_angm
n_gwsel_angs
n_gwsel_coml
n_gwsel_coml2
n_gwsel_comm1
n_gwsel_comm2
n_gwsel_coms
n_gwsel_coms2
n_gwsel_grtm
n_gwsel_grts
n_gwsel_hpyl
n_gwsel_hpym
n_gwsel_hpys
n_gwsel_lghm
n_gwsel_lghs
n_gwsel_plem
n_gwsel_ples
n_gwsel_quel
n_gwsel_quem
n_gwsel_ques
n_gwsel_sadl
n_gwsel_sadm
n_gwsel_sads
n_gwsel_scrl
n_gwsel_scrs
The files are located in the streamwaves folder if you want to listen to them :D (for the tools look at my sticky)
 Mono_Giganto
06-18-2004, 1:47 PM
BTW, don't worry about PCgamemods ratings: looks like some kids have nothing else to do than voting 1. I don't count the times it happened to me and to others as well.

Lol that's a problem with all of pcgamemods, not just KotOR, anyone else who plays a modded JA should remember a little bit back to when some guy had close to 30 different accounts and voted one on every mod with most/all of them. Some people have no life. Anyway, don't worry about it Doom, the mods great, all that matters. Lol my mod's on the most downloaded, and I think it's only a 5, so it really doesn't matter at all.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-18-2004, 4:20 PM
Great work.
 FiEND_138
06-18-2004, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Lol that's a problem with all of pcgamemods, not just KotOR, anyone else who plays a modded JA should remember a little bit back to when some guy had close to 30 different accounts and voted one on every mod with most/all of them. Some people have no life.

Yeah, I remember that *******. They just need to do away with the ridiculous voting system. If I see something & I like the screen shots (if it has them), or a good description I'll DL it. Vote ranking doesn't matter to me.

Anyways, great job on the mod DD :rock:
 Kengo
06-19-2004, 9:35 AM
What the hell!!! will someone please explain to me how my rating in 2.92, and it went there by getting 10 votes in as many minutes!!!

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Lol that's a problem with all of pcgamemods, not just KotOR, anyone else who plays a modded JA should remember a little bit back to when some guy had close to 30 different accounts and voted one on every mod with most/all of them. Some people have no life. Anyway, don't worry about it Doom, the mods great, all that matters. Lol my mod's on the most downloaded, and I think it's only a 5, so it really doesn't matter at all.[/B]

Yeh guys, as I've said over at the PCGM comments boards a couple of times, its a really big problem and I can only apologise. I have myself been a victim of this (party because I'm a hated JA file admin I imagine) - I uploaded a file a few days ago, within 1 minute of being uploaded it hada score of 1, 3 votes, and 0 downloads. Obviously one or more individuals are doing a similar thing to what Mono_Giganto mentioned - but on a smaller scale so its harder to spot. I've noticed that all the files in the JA section are well down on where their scores should be as well, but its worse in the KOTOR section because we have less visitors there to redress the balance.

Darth333 and FiEND_138 are right I think - ignore the ratings completely, thats certainly what I do.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-19-2004, 12:34 PM
I see that the rating system closed. It's good.
 messkell
06-19-2004, 1:40 PM
The combination of screenshots, description, and the "number of downloads" status should suffice as a form of rating. :)
 RedHawke
06-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by messkell
The combination of screenshots, description, and the "number of downloads" status should suffice as a form of rating. :)

I also think that the rating system going bye-bye over there is a good and noble thing.

Back on topic: Nice work Doom_Dealer! :D
Page: 1 of 1