Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Completed misery (can't find any games: Install the patch and set filter to Internet)

Page: 1 of 1
 Ixion_DLF
06-12-2004, 12:45 PM
HELP!
I got JK: JA a couple of weeks ago, but I can only play multiplayer and against bots. I can't find any games, neither on LAN nor on the Internet. SP doesn't work either, what the hell is wrong?????
 JediMeister
06-12-2004, 3:06 PM
dude, there's a patch released which fixes the bug. check on the official lucasarts product website and dl it.
 Prime
06-12-2004, 3:54 PM
Just about everyone has the patch, and I don't believe that you can see patched servers. Try that and it should make a difference...
 --ZeeMan--
06-12-2004, 3:55 PM
d/l the patch. then make sure you have it set to "internet" instead of "local" or "lan" i don't remember which one is jka. then be sure to press "new" and a list should arrive.

you could also use all seeing eye (ASE) but i dont' use it so you'd have to ask someone else how to use it

hope that helps! :)
 Ixion_DLF
06-12-2004, 5:18 PM
thanx guyz, the patch did it. only problem now is the prob that everytime I'm about to enter a game, it says: Error wrong file path
 Kurgan
06-12-2004, 7:25 PM
Thanks Mr. Troll!

To the thread starter:

If the game doesn't work, uninstall, reinstall and then install the official 1.01 patch.

But first remove any CD cracks or trainers you may have installed. Those can screw things up. Better to have the original disc1 in the drive when you play, then it should work for sure.
 Hiroki
06-12-2004, 9:34 PM
Then you can wake up every morning like Filth, with a Duck crammed down your pants. :)
 TK-8252
06-12-2004, 9:46 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Then you can wake up every morning like Filth, with a Duck crammed down your pants. :)

PwNeD!

:D
 Prime
06-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by [nWo] Filth
dont get upset if the game sux. cuz it does! kthxbye!
 --ZeeMan--
06-13-2004, 1:15 AM
why bother to try and fix it? return it to the shop, get your money back and go buy alcohol. Much more fun!

dude...shut up please if you're not going to offer insight.
 Neverhoodian
06-13-2004, 1:46 AM
why bother to try and fix it? return it to the shop, get your money back and go buy alcohol. Much more fun!

Good for you. :indif:
 BawBag™
06-13-2004, 2:30 PM
I offer valuable insight of the game. My opinion...
Big difference between insight and opinion if you ask me.

Now you, we all know you prefer JO 1.02 to JA. Leave it at that.
 Hiroki
06-13-2004, 3:48 PM
Hmmm, lets see, I have an idea! Why don't you go PLAY JO, and leave us the hell alone! Just some useful insight from me. :)
 BawBag™
06-14-2004, 10:29 AM
I can respect that u like jka. so why dont u respect that i hate it? This is not good christian behaviour!
Hmmm, well, maybe you shouldn't badger on about it all the time. No one here is saying there's anything wrong with preferring JO to JA, but what do you expect in a JA forum? ;)

And don't open that religion can of worms, it'll only turn ugly ;)
 Master William
06-14-2004, 10:47 AM
go back to the voids of JK2 1.02, if you can't learn how to play a game just because of a patch, you do not deserve respect
 Sabretooth
06-15-2004, 9:15 AM
Filth, I respect you man!

But look, Get the F... never mind.. it's no use talking to filth. ;) It just remains filth.

Yes, I'll attend yer 9th birthday, tho. Beatcha, Master William. ;)

That's not Christian behaviour, I know. But I'm not christian, so it doesn't matter, and for Shakesphere's sake, talk in English.

Tho I would like a translation of the dialog between you two ;)
 Hiroki
06-15-2004, 7:18 PM
Well, I am a Christian, but sometimes it just helps to tell people who act like jerks off regardless of your religion. After all, a good Christian wants peace, and getting you out of here would definitely make it more peaceful. :p
 Sabretooth
06-16-2004, 10:12 AM
:rofl: Filth just deleted all his posts in utter frustration! :rofl:

Originally posted by Hiroki
Well, I am a Christian, but sometimes it just helps to tell people who act like jerks off regardless of your religion. After all, a good Christian wants peace, and getting you out of here would definitely make it more peaceful. :p

All religions want peace, my friend, all religions want peace.

Atleast that's what they say... :rolleyes:
 TK-8252
06-16-2004, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by sabretooth
:rofl: Filth just deleted all his posts in utter frustration! :rofl:

Nah. Kurgan to the rescue deleted his posts and range banned his IP (in other words: PwNeD)! :)
 Obi_Kwiet
06-16-2004, 2:39 PM
I would return it and buy JO first if you haven't got it already. It's much better story line, and much more fun in my oppinion. I can't speak for MP since I don't play either very often. Still, I have herd stories. You can get JA at Comp USA now for 20$ this week too. That might save you money. I consider JA worth 20$.
 Sabretooth
06-17-2004, 7:26 AM
Nah, I liked the JK2 Demo, rocked, but I decided to stick with JKA, it's just addictive. But yeah, JKA for me. :)

Kurgan is the most serious mod I've ever seen...
Page: 1 of 1