Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Convert sp maps from JO to JA

Page: 1 of 1
 Bell
06-12-2004, 12:01 AM
hiya'll,

I've searched about but can't find info on this. Any help would be appreciated. I have gtkradiant, and was able to bring the textures for our maps from JO to JA ok. Can anyone shed light on the entities and if they will compile in JA? I've already attempted a compile of a JO map in gtkradiant set for JA, but got this error.....

************ ERROR ************
Error opening C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/jtr/JTR.bsp: No such file or directory

my goal is to convert about 8 maps for our single player mod we are migrating to JA
 lassev
06-12-2004, 4:35 AM
Did you copy the JO .map file from the Outcast maps directory to the JA maps directory? I'm not 100% sure of how the program handles directories, but maybe it just assumes they are in the JA maps directory, and is not able to compile them if they are not.

There must be some slight incompatibility issues between JO and JA, since not all JO SP maps work in JA even if you provide the assets. One thing might be more complicated cinematic scripts and one thing is npc_spawners. According to my experience (from playing my JO Lighthouse in JA) NPC_spawners from JO didn't work at all in JA. However, this says nothing about compling the maps, that's true. Maybe it's something happening during the compile, if things look the same in the map file (although I haven't checked if they do).
 Codja X
06-12-2004, 10:16 AM
 Bell
06-14-2004, 1:36 PM
hiya thanks for the replies :) I did in fact go throgh that thread thanks.

I believe what I have is a gtk radiant problem since I tried to compile a map that came with the academy sdk an also made a new map (room with a light) to test and got that same error. Any thoughts? I'm still googling for it but found nothing yet.. thanks for your help
 Codja X
06-15-2004, 3:33 AM
You may want to go into FILE|PROJECT SETTINGS in Radiant and make sure that the paths to your game files are correct.

e.g. your error states: C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData could not be found, but if JA is installed in say: c:\ja then you're going to have problems.

I don't know if you've checked this, but if the compiler can't find the game files, then it can't compile.

Hope this helps
 zag
06-15-2004, 5:27 AM
its sounds to me like your trying to do a bsp stage that is to far ahead
i think the game needs a bsp first to build off that (you know like how it combines the .prt etc with the bsp i think im no expert on Q3map)
try a meta compile first if your not already
 Bell
06-15-2004, 11:56 PM
ah thank you gentelmen it was something simple as I suspected. the project settings were kosher,,, I was using the wrong bsp command.
thanks again :)
 Jinni Tsurugi
06-16-2004, 12:06 AM
And I would also like to thank you people. I needed that info too.
Page: 1 of 1