Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Greetings Programs

Page: 1 of 1
 Cercueil
06-10-2004, 3:13 PM
I bought JA about two months ago and have only recently been playing it with a fevor. Ive been to this site many times reading and have only decided to head to the MP route and am looking to get my feet wet at fighting some actual people and not bots.

I look forward to trying to figure out how to get in those MP games and joining the community. Im not a newb to Online Games as I have been playing a 2D game at SOE called Infantry for about three years and have grown tired of waiting for updates that are promised, but are never delivered.

I know I may get bashed, but is there a skin out there for the Royal Guard?
 TK-8252
06-10-2004, 3:22 PM
Royal Guard (plus others!):

http://jediknight.filefront.com/file.info?ID=4654)

:thumbsup:
 --ZeeMan--
06-10-2004, 3:28 PM
and to join a server:

start the mp console
get new list of servers
double click on one to join
:D
 Cercueil
06-10-2004, 4:24 PM
Thanks!!

What are some fo the more popular servers at the moment...you know, the ones you guys all hang out on.
 Kurgan
06-10-2004, 5:39 PM
Take a look at my signature below. You'll find a link to my MP Strategy site, as well as the IP of "Meatgrinder Redux" my dedicated server running Siege 24/7.

Siege is fun, I think you'll like it if you give it a chance!

Also, Amidala's Chop Shop server is quite good, and there are some good ones out there if you look. My advice, ignore the ones with too many rules or running JA+ Mod.
 Crow_Nest
06-11-2004, 3:35 AM
Servers like chop shop, jk3files, new republic.... and more

If you want to look for servers, try the All Seeing Eye you get many times more servers with it than using the normal JA scan.
 TK-8252
06-11-2004, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
jk3files,

No.
 Cercueil
06-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Ive actually thinking of trying the chop shop servers. then moving around from there.

keep an eye out for me if youre looking for some easy kills.
 Marcus(JSA)
06-11-2004, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
My advice, ignore the ones with too many rules or running mods like JA+.

Bad advice... JA+ rules! :D
 _PerfectAgent_
06-11-2004, 3:39 PM
basejka>All.
 Samuel Dravis
06-11-2004, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_
basejka>All. No, actually it's

ojp enhanced>all. ;)
 Cercueil
06-11-2004, 4:45 PM
har....for a second I thought you meant ObjectPool Enhanced > all till my brain flashed to Open Jedi Project.
 PR-0927
06-11-2004, 4:54 PM
LOL, I thought that this thread was for Greetings Programs like those Auto-Greeting things (never work for me, don't know where to put files and all).

:fett:
 Kurgan
06-11-2004, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Marcus(JSA)
Bad advice... JA+ rules! :D

Maybe so, but there's better available and the people who use it tend to be jerks. I'm saving him the frustration of dealing with those sad sob's who abuse the mod (which is a very large number unfortunately).

As long as JA+ (and any other mod for that matter) has the ampunish commands, it's simply ripe for abuse, which ruins the game completely.
 Crow_Nest
06-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
No.

Um, why? :confused:
 TK-8252
06-12-2004, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Um, why? :confused:

I quit administering there, FYI, I posted the story on LF.

Originally posted by TK-8252 at http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129452&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)
I was trilled when we got xMod put on. The server was actually without whining, begging admins, laming, cursing, or constant sleeping and kicking.

Ya. Then Chrono comes back after a long period of inactivity. Demands that the xMod anti-laming and profanity filter be taken off, digs through CVars which AmosMagee (server host) assigned me to do (therefore "undermining my authority" as Chrono likes to spout all the time), and going on his kick-everyone-who-dares-to-not-suck-up-too-him rampages.

I got too sick and tired of the constant MSN messages from the server regulars complaining about being abused by Chrono. The most well-known regulars were being abused. One regular was considering just getting himself banned.

AmosMagee, who "can't stand to play the game that she's running a server for," did not support the admins at all. All she did was, basically, do whatever Chrono suggests, and rag on me whenever I try to talk to her for being complained about (which is odd since Chrono has been being complained about ever since JK2 and she doesn't do a damn thing except put him in charge).

So after some thinking, I decided to just get out of the hellhole and start being more active with my clan, [LC], and working on my SWR (Star Wars Realism) mod for Jedi Academy (if you're interested see my forum, link in my sig).

Many people were sad to see me quit, and I suspect that the server will lose popularity very fast, as I can see from the responses on forums.

I put a lot of dedication into working with JK3Files, yet I was just treated like the bottom of the pile and that's where I stay. My dedication is much more appreciated by my clan.
Page: 1 of 1