Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can player models with animation be used in menu's?

Page: 1 of 1
 lkraan
06-09-2004, 4:54 AM
We would like to show the player models in the menu's of our TC.
These player models we would like to be animated and the best would be if the standard animations can be used. So for instance when you mouse-over or select a menu option a player character in the menu does a standard animation like a saber strike.

Can you show the player models in the menu's and have them use the standard animations?
 razorace
06-10-2004, 4:55 PM
Yep, Raven used that ability for both the player model menus and the rules menus.
 lkraan
06-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks! All I wanted to know.
Now I can continue with the menu mockups and art.
Otherwise I would have to rethink the ideas for the menu's.
 Wudan
06-11-2004, 6:25 PM
Just remember that menu design is a ton like web-page design - doing mock ups is the right direction (sounds like you already knew that though.)
 Slider744
07-06-2004, 2:06 PM
yes it is usable
i made it in JA+ plugin
you can also add your own animation with your new attacks
in the UI dll code

it is what i made in JA+ plugin
just look this screenshots
http://japlus.fragism.com/screen.php?id=30)
 razorace
07-06-2004, 4:21 PM
*shameless plug*
 Slider744
07-06-2004, 5:45 PM
why did you say that razorace?
i am not sure to understand you?

is that an insult?
 razorace
07-07-2004, 12:07 AM
It wasn't really an insult. I was just pointing out that there really was no reason to plug your mod in this thread since seeing screenshots of your mod doesn't really help the askee.
 keshire
07-07-2004, 7:01 AM
Exactly; if you followed the screenshot with some example code of how to go about it that would be more in-line with what this forum is about.

otherwise take it to the showcase forum. :)
 Wudan
07-10-2004, 8:09 PM
Bah, let him plug his stuff. Don' matter nothin' at all.
Page: 1 of 1