Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whats up with the model compiler/decompiler and a simple "request"

Page: 1 of 1
 mgnails
06-04-2004, 3:25 AM
And one last note on the model compiler/decompiler. If you can belive it, I myself am begining to be skeptical about if it was made or not. Element X made it supposedly and I believed him because he seems to be a master coder. And he said I would have it soon. Thus why I posted here at Holowan saying I would have it and that it would be released because I just wanted to let everyone be as excited as I was that the model format was cracked. Right now, I finally found the download for some sort of model extractor and I thought it was Element X's but I was a bit suprised when he uploaded cchargins extractor instead of his own and I keep pming him saying upload the freaking thing but he kept giving me the link to a site that didn't work. And now he says that someone tried to hack his computer and he is now very angry and scared of giving someone else a virus. Now he wont be online as in he wont e-mail people or upload stuff on the internet because his "excuse" now is that the worm might infect the program which I doubt but I suppose its a possiblity. So, if he DOES have this stupid thing, I won't have it in my possesion for a while the way things are looking so please stop blaming this stuff on me. Im not the creator and I am really not the distributer, I am merely the supervisor. If you all want to complain any further, e-mail Element X but I doubt he will be opening those things until he has a complete repair to his system. So, if you people think I am a compulsive liar or a guy who says he has stuff and doesnt produce.....your wrong. There have only been two incidents of that and they at least had reasons. EWverything else I posted was either an idea or a question. The galaxy forge mod was lost when my computer crashed and I don't have a model program that I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE. I can't do anything about the galaxy forge mod because I lost the files and at the time I didnt want to start over....so I moved on. The model program I have absolutely NO control over whatsoever because I didn't make it and I don't have it. I am one of the few guys who does nothing but sits in front of the computer all day and mods games, I am not one who starts something and then leaves it for no reason. So PLEASE, I'm begging you all, quit complaining about me and saying that I lie or I am an idiot or crap like that. Its starting to get ridiculous and becoming very immature. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE AN A**HOLE TO THIS FORUM!!!! I am just another member of the kotor modding community. So cut it out, okay?
 T7nowhere
06-04-2004, 4:36 AM
Well if you are getting air blown up you *** then fine, but the reason many of us don't believe it is becuase you keep saying your making something and yet have produced nothing to the kotOR modding scene. All anyone has asked for is to see ONE of your ideas finnished.
 bneezy21
06-04-2004, 6:32 AM
Burn.
 Doom_Dealer
06-04-2004, 7:47 AM
grumble
 Fearless_Jedi
06-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Hey, lets not be rash.

People wanted an explanation for why the model compiler/decompiler wasn't out and we got it!

Thanks for the update mgnails.
 mgnails
06-04-2004, 1:11 PM
If you want another funny thing....I kept asking ELementX for the damn thing but he said that he uploaded THE extractor to our forum downloads. But the downloads page wasn't linked to the forum so I had to do some guess work on finding the right link. But I was an administrator so I saw an extract file but couldn't download it. I just a few days ago got the link right and when I downloaded it it was cchargins extractor, and so my skepticism started.
 Fearless_Jedi
06-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Well, I guess all we can do is have faith that Element X didn't lie and just gave you the wrong extractor.

And hopefully by this tuesday he will be able to release it.
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 1:04 PM
I hope so too but I doubt it. If he does have it, it wont be in our hands anytime soon because of his hacking, he said that it had something to do with finding AE files, the worm he got I mean. I guess that means that whoever hacked him is a member of Holowan and wants info bad enough to hack for some reason. If it is a member of Holowan, which it must be if its someone who wants info on the thing then you can all thanks him/her for hacking a guy to the point at which he won't release anything for a while.
 darthviper107
06-05-2004, 3:30 PM
Does it really matter anymore? cchargins extractor works just fine and gets all of the models out, so why should you try to get Element's?
 Admiral Chemix
06-05-2004, 3:40 PM
his would supposedly export and "import" models fully and sucessfuly. CChargins only exports
 Doom_Dealer
06-05-2004, 3:53 PM
well atleast it does something.
i havnt seen a thing from this element x, and im not convinced by this 'hacking attempt'. Sounds like more of an attempt to gain more time to twist our arm to me.

well, im not going into this arguement again but if the importer doesnt come theres gonna be some really annoyed people.
Page: 1 of 1