Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

this is weird... are some files in pk3s hidden?

Page: 1 of 1
 d_eisenga
05-31-2004, 4:28 PM
for example, 'jedi_tf/lower_b1.skin' links to 'jedi_tf/hips_02_clothes.tga' wich i dont see in that dir at all... i copied the whole jedi_tf dir to a new dir and linked to the same file name in the new dir, and it couldnt find it. what gives?

EDIT: no, theres no PNG of that name either.

ps. dont know if this is the right forum but since it has to do with skinning a bit i thought i'd put it here.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-31-2004, 10:48 PM
If no .tga file is found it uses any .png or .jpg file with the same name instead.
 d_eisenga
06-01-2004, 4:15 AM
well, there are NO image files of any type with that name. so no png or jpg either.
 redsaurus
06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Have a look at player.shader, I think that's it - there's no image file, as its a shader
 d_eisenga
06-08-2004, 3:20 PM
thanks - i'll do that. but the .skin file points to a .tga file in the models/player/jedi_tf map, and its not there.

EDIT:
okay, i checked the shader file as you said, but theres again no entry with that name in it. weird.
 redsaurus
06-09-2004, 10:29 AM
It's in player.shader:

models/players/jedi_tf/hips_02_clothes
{
{
map models/players/jedi_tf/hips_02
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
}
 d_eisenga
06-09-2004, 3:53 PM
ah! youre right. its there anyway. i must have gone through the file too fast and skipped it. thanks a bunch!
Page: 1 of 1