Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grappling

Page: 1 of 1
 Shadow Hunter27
05-24-2004, 5:44 PM
anyone know how to grapple in JKA, i saw a bunch of people do it, but they wouldnt tell me, please help!!!
 Kurgan
05-24-2004, 9:10 PM
If the server has g_debugmelee 1 enabled, anyone with fists ("Melee") can grapple.

Simple hold both attack buttons (Attack+Alt Attack) plus a direction (forward or backward) when the enemy is close and you will do one of two grapples. Pressing the buttons without a direction won't be able to grapple, but does part of the animation (an oversight by the developers).

To use Melee instead of a lightsaber, simply remove all Force Points from Saber Attack in your profile. Then when you respawn you will have Melee instead of a saber and can grapple. Additionally, in Jedi Vs. Merc, Mercs have fists. Likewise in Siege all non-Jedi possess Melee.

There are some mods out there that mess around with the Melee related stuff, but I can't say because I haven't tried them. The above works fine in JA 1.0 and 1.01.

In Single Player melee also works, but you have all three grapples and the same combinations will do different grapples (the forward and backward ones are reversed for some reason).
 Shadow Hunter27
05-24-2004, 10:47 PM
ok, thanks, but the one thing is that i saw jedi in siege grappling, any idea how they did it?
 Crow_Nest
05-25-2004, 4:48 AM
The server admin properly has enabled debugmelee, so grappling is enabled.
 Shadow Hunter27
05-25-2004, 9:52 AM
ok, thanks
 Kurgan
05-25-2004, 4:23 PM
If you see JEDI grappling in Siege, then one of two things are happening:

1) Sabers are disabled.

Or...

2) The server is running a mod that gives Jedi Melee as well as Sabers (such server side mods exist).

Normally Jedi will not have melee unless they give up their sabers, remember...
 Shadow Hunter27
06-01-2004, 11:12 PM
yeah everyone had melee. that would solve that
Page: 1 of 1