Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rating?

Page: 1 of 1
 ZBomber
05-15-2004, 4:38 PM
Does this have a rating yet, or is it still pending?

Its probably a safe bet to say T i'm guessing?
 Kurgan
05-15-2004, 5:11 PM
Rating still pending (latest info).

I didn't hear any coarse language, see any overt sexuality or blood in the trailers, so I'm guessing probably Teen, but that's me.
 StormHammer
05-16-2004, 2:01 AM
There was blood, but it was green. You can mostly see it in the melee combat with the retractable vibro-blades.

As Kurgan said, there doesn't seem to be any content that would warrant more than a Teen rating - however, we've certainly not seen the full game. Considering it's supposed to be a 'gritty and intense' shooter, perhaps there is some more mature content in there somewhere.

I guess we'll have to play the waiting game, as usual.
 El Sitherino
05-16-2004, 7:31 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
There was blood, but it was green. You can mostly see it in the melee combat with the retractable vibro-blades.

As Kurgan said, there doesn't seem to be any content that would warrant more than a Teen rating - however, we've certainly not seen the full game. Considering it's supposed to be a 'gritty and intense' shooter, perhaps there is some more mature content in there somewhere.

I guess we'll have to play the waiting game, as usual. Considering it's lucasarts It'll probably be TEEN. But I figure it'll most likely be a line walking one, close to mature, but just enough below it to be teen. Those vibro blades do look like fun. :p
 Kurgan
05-16-2004, 8:52 AM
Ah I guess I'll need to go frame by frame to see the blood (those shots were very quickly cut, pun intended, on the videos).

It could very well be like the previous JK games, the major violence being "locked away" as an easter egg for sleuthful gamers to find as a hidden feature, but I still wouldn't expect anything too over the top.
 ZBomber
05-16-2004, 9:34 AM
Pretty much anything that has excessive blood is rated M these days.... :(

Diablo isn't even that gory, but it still got an M rating.....
 RoxStar
05-16-2004, 1:08 PM
I think Lucarts isn't going to overdo it on the blood so it will get a Teen Rating.
 MasterN64
05-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Teen fer sure. what else? Lucasarts doesn't exactly overpower the major violence and blood in their games.
 ZBomber
05-18-2004, 7:41 PM
Well:

Originally posted by Winduwt105
There is something like that on the game Conflict:desert storm.

That would be cool. I read somewhere that when you like kill a geonosian in close range their guts might fly on your helmet.

If guts are blasting on your helmet, i find it hard to believe it is Teen....
 Kurgan
05-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Well if the guts are green and only stay on the screen for a split second? ; )

Or maybe this "feature" will be removed before the game ships (ie: like the blood sprays in Jedi Outcast).
 Sivy
05-19-2004, 10:58 AM
18+

apparently there one point in the game where your squad gets high on crack and goes to a brothel

:D

yeah, i think it will be Teen
 Alegis
05-20-2004, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
perhaps there is some more mature content in there somewhere.
twi leks in see through clothing :p
 Kurgan
05-20-2004, 10:47 PM
 ZBomber
05-21-2004, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/rc/commandoz8.jpg)

:lol:

No one will use sites for finding dates, they'll use video games now. :p
 darthfergie
05-21-2004, 10:48 PM
http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/rc/commandoz8.jpg)

LOL, wow...that's a bit scary. :D
 TK-425
05-22-2004, 7:50 AM
[B]Ah I guess I'll need to go frame by frame to see the blood (those shots were very quickly cut, pun intended, on the videos)./B]

i dont see eny blood do frame by frame and tell us what you
see:clone:

by the way i think it will be a T rating
lucas arts dosent do much over the top
stuff (wich is nice) but there is a first time
for everything:clone:
 StormHammer
05-22-2004, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by TK42235
i dont see eny blood do frame by frame and tell us what you
see:clone:

Sorry...that was my fault. I've got a crappy memory - I thought it was in the trailers I saw some blood. It wasn't. It was in the screenshots. This one, to be exact...

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/march04/swrcmulti/02.jpg)

It shows a splash of green blood when using the retractable vibro blades. I think they must have turned blood off for the trailers coming out of E3.

In one of those trailers (not the official one - but one from IGN), there was a splash of red after a Trandoshan gets shot with a shotgun - but on closer inspection I think it's just the fade-out from the blast.

I hope they haven't decided to take blood out of the game since that screenshot was taken. :confused:
 ZBomber
05-22-2004, 6:47 PM
Blood would certaintly make it seem more realistic and fun, I hope they don't take it out either....
 Kurgan
05-22-2004, 10:28 PM
You know, this is the Unreal engine and all the Unreal games (as you know) have blood and guts in them.

So it's quite possible (as was the case in JK2 when it was previewed at E3) that we're simply seeing the blood effects that were in the original game, and it'll probably be this last detail that will be removed before the game ships, to sneak it in under the popular "Teen" rating.

And most likely with any luck you'll see mods to bring the blood back within a short time.

That "spray" in the pic definately looks like it's intended to be blood. Do Trandoshans have green blood? Who knows. But as any Ratings hound knows, green blood is "less lifelike" than red blood in a game, so they do that to get a lower rating.

Lots of Dreamcast games in the US for example had green blood in them, even though these were usually arcade ports of games that had red blood originally. And usually the game had a hidden option to change the color back to normal. Likewise Doom for the GBA got green blood for a US release, etc etc. Lots of examples.

So maybe, rather than take the blood out, they'll just make it green, who knows?
 TK-425
05-23-2004, 8:20 AM
i wonder if that it
varys by species
and thay make it a code
to unlock complete
goryness

btw kergan i think that that is a
geonosion i dont know though
i killed it so fast and mutilated
it so much that it was hard
to tell what it was:D
 ZBomber
05-23-2004, 9:12 AM
Even if there isn't blood, I have a feeling there will be a mod that does show blood (like the countless ones for JA).
 Sabretooth
06-01-2004, 6:47 AM
Definetly Teen. There hasn't ever been a M-rated LA game and there won't be one either
 ZBomber
06-01-2004, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by sabretooth
Definetly Teen. There hasn't ever been a M-rated LA game and there won't be one either

I know, but all the other ones haven't really been very gorey, as in like no blood at all......
 Pad
06-06-2004, 1:31 PM
Why would you include blood if that would result in less people be able to buy the game? ;)
Or maybe thereґs parental option where blood can be turned on/off. I think Iґve seen that before.
 ZBomber
06-06-2004, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Pad
Why would you include blood if that would result in less people be able to buy the game? ;)
Or maybe thereґs parental option where blood can be turned on/off. I think Iґve seen that before.

I like that idea....

Actually, what iof GTA was Teen? I think LESS people would buy it, but since it has an "M" rating, everyone wants it.

Besides, that would stop a bunch of 8 year olds from coming on "OMG, Y0U $UX |' |\/| GONN@ HAZORZ YOUZ!" :)
 Pad
06-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I like that idea....

Actually, what iof GTA was Teen? I think LESS people would buy it, but since it has an "M" rating, everyone wants it.

Besides, that would stop a bunch of 8 year olds from coming on "OMG, Y0U $UX |' |\/| GONN@ HAZORZ YOUZ!" :)
To be honest actually, I really dont know what the big fuzz about blood is. That would even be the last thing I look at when playing a game. And does it really have such a big effect on people? But thatґs just my opinion off course.

Same goes for those ratings. I think they are only important in the US. Where I live, you can buy any game you want for your cash.

And are you sure those "OMG, Y0U $UX |' |\/| GONN@ HAZORZ YOUZ!" quotes only come from eight year olds? ;)
 ZBomber
06-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Pad
To be honest actually, I really dont know what the big fuzz about blood is. That would even be the last thing I look at when playing a game. And does it really have such a big effect on people? But thatґs just my opinion off course.

Same goes for those ratings. I think they are only important in the US. Where I live, you can buy any game you want for your cash.

And are you sure those "OMG, Y0U $UX |' |\/| GONN@ HAZORZ YOUZ!" quotes only come from eight year olds? ;)

Heh, no, but a lot of them do, and even getting rid of some of these sayings would help. :)

In the US, its considered "cool" to get M rated games.....
 Pad
06-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Heh, no, but a lot of them do, and even getting rid of some of these sayings would help. :)

In the US, its considered "cool" to get M rated games.....
:¬: I rest my case!
 Hiroki
06-07-2004, 2:00 PM
Yup, good ol' bone head yanks. :)
 ZBomber
06-07-2004, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by Pad
:¬: I rest my case!

Yeh, a case I never argued anout. :p
 Pad
06-08-2004, 5:21 PM
If guts are blasting on your helmet, ...

Found this to answer:
Republic Commando uses the Karma physics system, which we got to see in action during our playtest. Expect to have full ragdoll effect and character models that accurately react when they get shot. For example, if you peg someone in the head, their neck will snap back. Likewise, if you shoot someone in the legs as they are running toward you, they may trip and fall.

One of the most impressive sections where we saw the physics system exploited was when we entered a hallway and surprised a few Geonosian elites with a perfect grenade toss placed right in between them. When the grenade exploded their bodies went flying, slamming against the wall, rebounding off and dropping to the ground with a satisfying thud. Although you shouldn't expect the level of gore that we've seen from games like Soldier of Fortune where you can blow the limbs off of your foes, the Karma physics system does allow you to pick apart droids and send their arms and legs flying.
I think this goes for Geonosians and bodyparts aswell.:)
So you have to wait to be sure if itґll be teen or not.
Page: 1 of 1