Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

anybody knows where to get x-wing?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sune Troelstrup
05-14-2004, 4:39 PM
Hi there, I'm looking for X-Wing, meaning the first & classic one, pretty old by now and hard to come by. Is it available somewhere on the net?
All the Best -
Sune
 Wildstar
05-15-2004, 1:14 PM
Sune

Almost nothing runs on pure DOS these days, that's why the "original" X-Wing is hard to come by. However, if you have Windows XP (or even Win2K Pro w/ the latest service pack and DirectX), you can try running either the X-Wing Collectors' Series or the X-Wing Trilogy version of X-Wing in "compatibility mode". Either of these will have TIE Fighter, as well, and both games use the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter graphics engine. Both games might also include X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: Flight School, but that is useless if you want to play multiplayer over the Internet. The "Trilogy" package also includes X-Wing Alliance, which I'm sure you'll love if you get around to trying it.
 joesdomain
07-29-2004, 5:22 AM
I am looking for new copies of Tie Fighter, X-wing, X-wing vs. Tie Fighter, and X-wing Alliance. Anyone know where I can get one of each?
 Wildstar
07-29-2004, 11:51 AM
joesdomain

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (with the "Balance of Power" campaigns) is still available at the Company Store, I think. Looking on Amazon.com, the other games are available as separate games (not as part of a bundle like the "X-Wing Collectors' Series" or the "X-Wing Trilogy"), but some of the copies listed might be used. Then, of course, there's always Ebay, where the games might still be in shrinkwrap...check the description of the item.
 SD Nihil
07-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey guys I am selling a few. I already own Series, but for some reason when I was buying around someone sent me other version like X Wing for both Mac, Windows, and a second Series copy.

If you want my X Wing you can go here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00000K57P/all/ref=dp_pb_a/002-9415415-8392801) It's the one that says seller: jfranks65. Both the Mac and Windows versions are there. And if you want Series go here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00002SV6D/all/qid=1091029825/sr=8-3/ref=xs_ap_bun3_xgl63_a/002-9415415-8392801) Please buy from me.;)
 Nairb Notneb
09-01-2004, 3:33 AM
Have you tried e-bay? On the Lucasarts Website, classic games PC page, X-Wing Alliance is still listed. If you contact them, they might be able to hook you up, who knows. They are in the business to make money and if they still have one sitting around collection dust why wouldn't they want to get rid of it and sell it. Also, ocaisonally I see those things at used game stores.
Page: 1 of 1