Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are your ideas for the other factions special units?

Page: 1 of 1
 GlobalStrike
05-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to know what other people had in mind for the other factions special units. :jawa :jawa
 DutchTiran
05-13-2004, 5:45 AM
I certainly hope for a Republic Commando or Special Forces or something like that. It should be the bothan spy for the republic forces
 yaebginn
05-13-2004, 8:32 AM
The imps have an officer, thats one. The rebs, we already know, the droids I have no clue, and the clones have a jetpack trooper. I have no clue what the others may be.
 SITH_ShadowCat
05-13-2004, 9:49 AM
Confirmed by screenshot:

Imperial: Officer and Dark Trooper (see for your self!)

Clone: ARC Trooper and JetPack Trooper

Driods: Probably a Driodeka, otherwise no clue.
 yaebginn
05-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I have my doubts about the ARC troop, he could just be a vanguard or something for them and look different. Where is the darktrooper? please tell em the site you saw it on, and the screenshot number it had. Like, screen number 19. just saw them, nevermind. oh, cheeba, those are some sweet screens.
 yaebginn
05-13-2004, 11:59 AM
new info. The droids have super battle droid and droideka for their two bonus guys. And Thats all. cause we have Imps and Clones, right? so we now know them all. yay. but the real question is, what do they all do? Like, what does the ARC troop do? What does the super battle droid do? dopes the officer only spot spies? cause thats kind of dumb.
 Eagle Warrior
05-14-2004, 7:32 PM
the droids have the o man i forgot :mad: the rolling droids i cant believe i forgot i no awake todday anyway the will probably also have dwarf droids and spider droids.
 GlobalStrike
05-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Eagle Warrior, dwarf and spider droids will not be units, they are simply too big and too tough too be classes. We don't even know if the dwarf droid will be in the game, but we do know that the spider droid will be a vehicle. :jawa :jawa
 GlobalStrike
05-14-2004, 11:05 PM
I saw in some screenshots at lucasarts.com (www.lucasarts.com), that there will be Imperial troops who will have acess to the jetpack like the Clone jetpack trooper. In all, i saw two of them, one looked like a regular Imperial trooper, except for, of course, his jetpack. The other looked like the TIE pilots from the movies. :jawa :jawa
 tFighterPilot
05-15-2004, 6:29 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
new info. The droids have super battle droid and droideka for their two bonus guys. And Thats all. cause we have Imps and Clones, right? so we now know them all. yay. but the real question is, what do they all do? Like, what does the ARC troop do? What does the super battle droid do? dopes the officer only spot spies? cause thats kind of dumb. They got DEFSTAR!

But what they can really do is to send probes.
 Eagle Warrior
05-15-2004, 7:29 AM
yes there is a defstar:D :deathii:
 Lt. Havoc
05-16-2004, 7:49 PM
IMP:
Stormtrooper: standard blaster
Stormtrooper: Heavy weapons
Pilot
Officer
Dark Trooper: Gray armor and jetpack (straight from Dark Forces)
AT-ST driver
Scout Trooper: Sniper

Trade Fed Droids:
Battle droid: blaster rifle
Battle droid: Heavy weapons
Droideka
Super Battle Droid
Officer Battle droid
??????

Clone troopers:
Hmmm since they all look alike with different colors it doesn't matter much. Just give them varied weapons

I bet the developers are pleased that Storm troopers and clone troopers are so similar. They can use the same MIP maps for both at greater distances. It just means so much less work for them.
 Eagle Warrior
05-16-2004, 9:25 PM
i think the clones will be very good since they are made to follow orders then thyey will have more communication i dont know how that will work:D and arnt they made to be stronger?
 Volt1
05-16-2004, 9:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat
[B]Confirmed by screenshot:

Clone: ARC Trooper and JetPack Trooper

Ummm arent the ARC and jetpack trooper the same thing
 Eagle Warrior
05-16-2004, 9:28 PM
i think so:confused:
 GlobalStrike
05-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Havoc, what makes you think there will be an AT-ST special unit? That would be the same thing as the pilot. :jawa :jawa
 TK-8252
05-17-2004, 1:06 AM
Here's what I think they are for the Imperials on Endor; not enough information is out yet for the Hoth Imperials:

Infantry - Stormtrooper
Heavy Gunner - Stormtrooper with pauldron and backpack (known as Field Troopers in Jedi Knight)
Scout - Scout Trooper
Pilot/Tech - TIE Fighter Pilot (fixes things, ejects from vehicles alive, constructs command posts)
Special 1 - Imperial Officer (identifies spies, calls orbital bombardments)
Special 2 - Dark Trooper (uses a jetpack)
Special 3? - AT-ST Pilot (only class able to use AT-STs?)
 tFighterPilot
05-17-2004, 7:57 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Here's what I think they are for the Imperials on Endor; not enough information is out yet for the Hoth Imperials:

Infantry - Stormtrooper
Heavy Gunner - Stormtrooper with pauldron and backpack (known as Field Troopers in Jedi Knight)
Scout - Scout Trooper
Pilot/Tech - TIE Fighter Pilot (fixes things, ejects from vehicles alive, constructs command posts)
Special 3? - AT-ST Pilot (only class able to use AT-STs?) The officer can also call probots
 SITH_ShadowCat
05-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Volt1
Ummm arent the ARC and jetpack trooper the same thing

No, the ARC Trooper never had a jetpack, but did have a "skirt." IF you check out some screens with the Jetpack trooper, you'll see no skirt or shoulder pad, meaning that they are two separate troops (most likely the special ones). Its getting to play troops like the ARCs that make me so interested in this game.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Infantry - Stormtrooper
Scout - Scout Trooper
Special 3? - AT-ST Pilot (only class able to use AT-STs?)

I think alot of the Imperial units change specific to the level, and that the AT-ST Driver is just the pilot for that level like the Snowtrooper replacing the regular stormtrooper in the other levels.

Originally posted by tFighterPilot
The officer can also call probots

Wow, are you sure?!? This is the first time I've heard of this. I hope its true, because this game would add another layer in technicality.
 TK-8252
05-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat
I think alot of the Imperial units change specific to the level, and that the AT-ST Driver is just the pilot for that level like the Snowtrooper replacing the regular stormtrooper in the other levels. I've seen both AT-ST Pilots and TIE Fighter Pilots in Endor screenshots... they must be seperate classes.
 joesdomain
05-18-2004, 1:14 AM
I am not sure what to put for special factions units but here are the units I would like to see in the game:

Empire:
Imperial Scout Trooper
Stormtrooper
Tie Fighter Pilot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Snowtrooper
AT-ST Pilots
Imperial Navy Guard
Imperial Probe Droid
AT-AT Walker
AT-ST Walker
Imperial Speeder Bike
Tie Fighter
Tie Interceptor
Tie Bomber
Tie Advanced
Imperial Lamdba Class Shuttle
Continued....
 joesdomain
05-18-2004, 1:22 AM
Rebel Alliance:
Rebel Pilot
Rebel Trooper (Yavin 4 version)
Rebel Trooper (Endor version)
Rebel Trooper (Hoth Version)
Rebel Trooper on Tauntauns
Snowspeeders
X-wings
Y-wings
A-wings
B-wings
Rebel Medium Transport

Republic:
Jedi Starfighter (Episode II versions)
Jedi Starfighter (Episode III Version)
Republic Gun Ship
Republic Bomber/Transport Ship seen in Episode II
AT-TE Walker
AT-XT Walker or whatever the AT-ST Walker predecssor is
Speeder Bike
Clonetrooper Pilots
Clonetroopers

Confederacy:
Battle Droids
Super Battle Droids
Destroyer Droids
Hailfire Droids
Homing Spider Droid
Dwarf Spider Droid
Trade Federation Tank
STAP
Trade Federation Droid Fighters
 Mountainforest
05-18-2004, 1:06 PM
I'm not sure the imperials have a jetpack trooper. I've seen the screenshot to, but a jetpacktrooper isn't very imperial like (It didn't looked nice with the rest of his costume neither).

My guess is that the jetpack is something you can pick up, or a bonus or something.

Besides, what is a ARC trooper?
 tFighterPilot
05-18-2004, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by jasperw
I'm not sure the imperials have a jetpack trooper. I've seen the screenshot to, but a jetpacktrooper isn't very imperial like (It didn't looked nice with the rest of his costume neither).

My guess is that the jetpack is something you can pick up, or a bonus or something.

Besides, what is a ARC trooper? There's a trailer footage showing the dark trooper with a jetpack.

It's not something you pick up, that would make the game unbalanced, and will not make sense.
 yaebginn
05-18-2004, 2:24 PM
Here's the factions for every1 bsides rebs.

Droids- Reg. Troop
Heavy Weapons
Sniper
Pilot
Super Battle Droid
Droideka

Clones- Reg. Troop
Heavy Weapons
Sniper
Pilot
ARC
Jetpack Trooper

Imps- Reg. Trooper
Heavy Weapons
Sniper
Pilot
Officer
Darktrooper
 joesdomain
05-19-2004, 6:04 PM
I have not seen an official press release that says the empire will have a darktrooper. I don't particularly like adding expanded universe troops like that. Especially when the game is sorta aiming towards recreating the battles of the 6 star wars films.
 tFighterPilot
05-19-2004, 6:21 PM
The Dark Trooper was shown in a footage.
 Thrawn
05-21-2004, 11:37 PM
ARC troopers are the tough as nails spec ops troopers. If you've seen Clone Wars on Cartoon Network or at www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars) they're the troops Obi-wan uses in the early episodes.

I think the AT-ST driver might be the engineer class? Just a guess.
 Mountainforest
05-22-2004, 3:04 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn
ARC troopers are the tough as nails spec ops troopers. If you've seen Clone Wars on Cartoon Network or at www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars) they're the troops Obi-wan uses in the early episodes.

I think the AT-ST driver might be the engineer class? Just a guess.

Everybody can drive an AT-ST (or any other vehicle), it's just the pilots/engineers (they are the same thing) have some advantages when doing it. When the vehicle explodes, they can get out unharmed, they heal the vehicle while inside and I believe to have read somewhere that they can take over enemie vehicles when a enemie is inside (this probably only happens if the man in the enemie vehicle isn't a pilot himself too).

I wonder why we don't get some extra information on what the characters are, we've seen them in the trailers.
 joesdomain
05-23-2004, 4:38 AM
I am not surprised they put arc troopers since they were in the Star Wars The Clone Wars animated series. I have heard that many star wars crew members have said that arc troopers will not be in the episode III. I guess Lucasarts is only doing this for the people who liked the animated series. I particularly don't like the idea of having darktroopers for the empire trooper especially with jetpacks.
 Milan L
05-25-2004, 1:37 PM
new info. The droids have super battle droid and droideka for their two bonus guys. And Thats all.

I don't think this is true. I do not see any of these two walking around with medpacks.
 tFighterPilot
05-25-2004, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by Milan L
I don't think this is true. I do not see any of these two walking around with medpacks. uhhh

What does medpack have to do with bonus characters?
 TK-8252
05-25-2004, 4:35 PM
If the AT-ST Pilot is the engineer/pilot class... then what's the TIE Fighter Pilot?

TIE Fighter Pilot on Endor:

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/swbattlefront_122303_001.jpg)

AT-ST Pilot on Endor:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/919277_20040224_screen012.jpg)
 yaebginn
05-25-2004, 8:42 PM
and the droids are mechanical, they dont need medpacks. Can you really see any droid walking around with a medpack? They may come wih a hydrospanner or some oher tool to heal themselves and others, but I dont know howq they are going to work the healing option for the droids, seeing as they aren't living.
 TK-8252
05-25-2004, 8:52 PM
and the droids are mechanical, they dont need medpacks. Can you really see any droid walking around with a medpack? They may come wih a hydrospanner or some oher tool to heal themselves and others, but I dont know howq they are going to work the healing option for the droids, seeing as they aren't living.

Good point. :p
 Thrawn
05-25-2004, 11:19 PM
I meant that the AT-ST/AT-AT SKIN would be the Imperial engineer.
Page: 1 of 1