Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stationary Turbolaser Vehicle?

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-8252
05-11-2004, 11:56 PM
I've been working on trying to get a useable stationary turbolaser like the ones on Star Destroyers to use as you would a vehicle. I have the .veh and .vwp files all perfect, except for one thing: it can't turn (left and right) while it's stopped. I have the line "turnWhenStopped 1" in there but it still won't turn. Any help?
 razorace
05-12-2004, 5:50 AM
I think the turned when stop varible is broken at least for that type of vehicle.
 TK-8252
05-12-2004, 8:27 AM
The only vehicle I know of that can turn when stopped is Duncan's Droideka. I've been looking in its .veh file and I can't figure out why it'll turn but not my turbolaser.

Edit: Aha. The Droideka can only turn when stopped when supported by the OJP code. So, does that mean that if a server is running OJP that my turbolaser'll turn like the Droideka?
 keshire
05-12-2004, 9:04 AM
Should. As long as its the same vehicle class. I beleive Renegade made all his changes to the walker class.
 TK-8252
05-12-2004, 6:30 PM
Yay! It works now! Big thanks to the guys at OJP. :thumbsup:

The useable turbolaser should be an interesting addition to flight-themed maps. :D
 razorace
05-12-2004, 8:25 PM
Thank, Phunk specifically, he's the one that did the vehicle enhancements. :)
Page: 1 of 1