Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

recycling anims

Page: 1 of 1
 Tinny
05-11-2004, 10:20 PM
i'm wondering how to make custom moves using moves already inside of ja. say if i wanted to combine the face_smile animation with the staff spin kick move with a touch of a few combo buttons, do you know how i would code that all in?
 razorace
05-12-2004, 4:49 AM
Ok, I beleive the facial expressions are controlled seperately from the rest of the animation code. I've never explored that area so you're going to have to do some exploring on your own.
 keshire
05-12-2004, 5:02 AM
Good luck though. there's only a few facial expressions and talking anims.

If someone wants to though, they can go through and animate phenoms and then put in some fancy lip syncing code.
 kusanagi
08-08-2004, 9:18 AM
wow this is one old thread....
anyway I was wondering is it possible to use cut-scene animations to make up new moves?? or in fact use different animations to replace existing moves?? eg I was thinking about changing the rolling animation into the dodging ones; does that require extensive coding or just changes in the animation.cfg/animevent.cfg?? I'm doing I.T. right now and would like to start on game modding so any help is much apparieciated
 Tinny
08-08-2004, 1:34 PM
um, it'll take a while to explain on the forums, but look at the case lines in bg_pmove.c. i can guide you through some of it if you have aim, icq, or msn :)
 kusanagi
08-10-2004, 2:01 AM
....I'm guessing thats keshire source code...gotta get it first....
 keshire
08-11-2004, 12:33 AM
I have the original cutscenes in xsi. But the dodge stuff is all ready in the main gla.

What you'd want is to change it in the baseJKA source code to dodge instead of roll. I'm sure someone will help you on that though as I'm not much of a coder.
Page: 1 of 1