Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Single Player co-op mode in Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 elvencrest
05-10-2004, 3:09 PM
Just a quick question.

How am I able to "create" a multiplayer game in Jedi Academy using a single player map?

Basicly, I want to host a single player map game in MP mode, which essentually creates a co-op mode so to speak. I have heard that this IS possible, and would like to try it out, but I have no idea how to do it.

Is it as simple as hosting a MP game, and then loading a single player map (game) from jedi academy? Or is there a special mod I need to acomplish this? Do I need cheats enabled?

Any assistance would be apreciated greatly, as I'm fairly new to the MP scene. Thanks again.......

And as alway's .........."Live long and Mod"..........
 Kurgan
05-13-2004, 1:04 AM
Yeah, just set the g_gametype (0 for FFA, 6 for TeamFFA) and then warp to the map of your choice in the console.

In the past the way I've done it is to have it be TeamFFA (and have people join the same team, obviously g_teamforcebalance should be off for this).

Having cheats enabled helps when you get stuck, but you should warn your players not to spawn stuff in like crazy since that lags and often crashes the server.

Keep in mind although this is possible to do, it's not supported, so there are a lot of bugs, some maps work better than others, etc.
Page: 1 of 1