Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brainstorming: Combat animations

Page: 2 of 2
 keshire
06-17-2004, 4:22 AM
Darth Maul hapkido Spin kick (http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/spinkick.gif)

Another Rough draft.
 Gotaiken
06-17-2004, 6:27 AM
great work keshire, but may i ask what these melee moves are for.
 keshire
06-17-2004, 6:57 AM
They are to be melee moves while holding a saber.

I had originally planned on plugging these in to the combo chains. But since Razor currently isn't using the specials that may be a good button combo to use too.

Attack+Alt Attack to melee attack. knocking someone:

off balance/Staggering/Knocking down
 keshire
06-17-2004, 7:19 AM
I'm also going to revamp the entire unarmed system. Doing those punches while running is out the window.

*I'm thinking of some type of shoulder block/charge and a jump kick for when your running.

*I'll be changing the walk to something similar to a boxing shuffle.

*And finally a block/grapple to disarm people, and give unarmed some fighting chance.
 Gotaiken
06-17-2004, 7:40 PM
keshire go to the thread saber control methods i got an idea for everything
 keshire
06-18-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm staying out of that conversation. You all want overly complicated/convulated control schemes. While it should be kept simple and expanded on from the base system.
 Gotaiken
06-18-2004, 1:44 AM
not really, its quite simple actually

primary attack = medium attack

secondary attack = light attack

primary + secondary attack held = heavy attack

primary + secondary attack tap = melee

not much complication complete control and intuitivity
 keshire
06-18-2004, 2:06 AM
Sure. But my opinion won't be changed. Which is why I stay out of the thread. You'll just have to find a way to adapt what I work on.
 keshire
06-18-2004, 2:17 AM
And I'm done with the replacement of the Dual jump kick. I'm much happier with this.

Dual Leg Sweep (http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/sweep.gif)
 Weiser_Cain
06-18-2004, 3:34 AM
The selectable pistol thread gave me an idea. How about a quick-draw animation. I often have wanted to fire off a shot at a distant non-force-using opponent then quickly go back to using a saber. Not sure how practical it would be, but I think it would be pretty cool.
 keshire
06-18-2004, 3:37 AM
Like as in using the off hand to fire a weapon?

because the weapon switching time isn't very long as it is.
 RoxStar
06-20-2004, 1:17 AM
Originally posted by keshire

Dual Leg Sweep (http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/sweep.gif)

That looks very painful Keshire. Your animation work is amazing! I can't wait to do that to some punk trying to gun me down.
 keshire
06-20-2004, 4:51 AM
Right Hand Disarm (http://www.aotctc.com/forums/download.php?id=456)

Quicktime format render of the one of the final pieces to the unarmed system. The right handed disarm. I'll be doing a left hand version for dual sabers. If you happen to catch either arm while unarmed you strip them of their weapon and leave them laying flat on their back. Or so I hope.

So far I have all new unarmed attacks based on kick boxing but no screenies yet.

Both_Right_Punch (walk)
Both_Left_Punch (walk)
Torso_Melee_Block (walk)
Lower_Melee_Block (walk)
Torso_Run_ShoulderBash (run)
Both_Run_JumpKick (run)
Both_Off_balance
Both_Stagger

I also have moves seperated so that some are only usable while running and some while walking.

So far this is what I've suggested to RazorAce

primary = punchs
Secondary = kicks
primary+secondary = disarm
primary+secondary+direction = standard grabs

with blocking being automatic and tied to fatigue. Run out/low of fatigue and you run the risk of being sent off-balanced/staggered/or knocked down

People with weapons can't block melee.

Anyother suggestions?
 Weiser_Cain
06-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Well I'm a righty so I was thinking of a quick switch but it would be cooler if you could essentially dual weild a blaster and a saber for just a moment. Of course this would limit the move to single saber users but I don't have a problem with that!
 JediLiberator
06-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Wow, some really cool animations. Just a suggestion, but maybe you can put in a coup de grace move(like the ground stab) where you do an ax kick to someone who on the ground. Basically that's when you lift up your leg and smash the heel into someone on the ground. Don't know how practical it would be, but it could be a viable tactic.
 Profcorron
06-28-2004, 6:58 AM
How about a leg scissoring animation. Where person a. drops down onto the ground and scissers his/her legs through the opponants legs and drops them onto the floor, person a is on the ground as is person b.
 Alesh
06-28-2004, 5:27 PM
A counterattack (could be done in two directions):

The defender deflects the incoming saber into a side and kicks with the opposite leg, torso for knockback, or feet for knockdown.

If the deflection was with one hand only it could also be a punch to the face.
Page: 2 of 2