Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Droids.

Page: 1 of 3
 Doomie
05-05-2004, 3:12 PM
Alright, this is my new RPG. It's not supposed to be good, but it'll keep things going while everyone else is away.
NOTE: please make droid chars. Human/alien chars can be fun, but i'd like to see what strange modified droids you can come up with. Only post 'living' chars when you don't know what to do. Also note that this story takes place during the empire, but droids last a while so if there are droids from ep. 1 you liked, you can also use them.

Here's my char:

Name:MSE-6B
Species: Mouse droid.
Weapons: side-mounted blaster rifles, mine layer, gas tube.
vehicle: Small jet's mounted underneath, allowing him to jump half a meter high.
Bio:MSE-6 was taken from the factory even before he was activated, where he was turned into a weapon. He was used as an assassination droid, with success. But, on a mission on tatooine, he was caught by jawa's. Now, he still lies in a sandcrawler, forgotten, with a restraining bolt stuck inside him. This keeps him from using his weapons.

The story begins:
MSE-6B (Mousey for his friends, if he had any) was sitting in the sandcrawler. 'Why won't someone buy me?' he wondered. 'Surely everyone wants something that can kill!' While he was moving around, trough the heaps of droid parts and malfunctioning droids, the door opened. 'What's this?' he wondered. 'A buyer, or a newcomer?'...

If you really can't think of something, here are some presets:
Name: Servant.
'race':An exact copy of HK-47, Darth reavn's personal assassin and protocol droid.
Weapons: Wrist-mounted flamethrower, blaster rifle. (unless you start in the sandcrawler.)
Equipment:armor plating, energy shield.
Bio: When the droid salesman on tatooine was tinkering in HK-47, he kept a lot of notes on how the droid was biult and programmed. He later sold the droid to an adventurer, but he kept the notes and built himself an almost exact replica. However, it's programming wasn't stable, and the replica, named 'servant', killed his master and escape into the dune sea. There, he was found by jawa's, who saw it was a special droid and conserved it. He has been in the jawa clan for almost four millenia now.

And this one: (i don't think the original creator would mind.)
Name: DD-R3KD
Race: Modified Destroyer Droid
Weaponry: Heavy blaster mounts, long range rocket launcher, melee buzz saw
Background: DD-R3KD began life as a bolt. Soon after being constructed, several anomalies occurred in his neural core. He is a destroyer droid gifted with intelligent, independent thought. He thinks as realistically as any living thing, with many times the intelligence. He was sold by his manufacturer to a wealthy droid repairmen on Naboo, where he was put to work as a menial labor droid. He grew tired of this and blasted his owner, later managing to stowaway on a flight to Tatooine. He was chased out of the Tatooine settlement of Mos Eisley and he now is roaming the desert, attempting to communicate with Tuskens, and when that fails, he blasts them for fun.
 LukeKatarn
05-08-2004, 9:26 AM
(I love the idea)

Name KA-20-1 (if you number the words in the alphabit 20 is T and 1 is A) AKA Kata

Species Shapeshifting Assasin droid
Weapons A buzz saw comeing out of his chest, 2 blasters holstered by his hips, left hand can turn into a mechine gun, right wrist can extend a vibro sword, 1 knee cap that shoots poisen darts, and he can turn into anything. (Tell me if I am god modeing)
vehicle His feet turn into rockets.

Bio KA-20-1 was a special droind. He was created in a special lab. One day he asked "Master why did you create me if you do not use me," he got up and stared out at the stars "and why did you create me without anything?" "I guess I am just a weapon." "Good bye MASTER!" he punches the window he is stareing throu (They are in space so the people are going to die) and jumps out then activates his rockets but, there was a problemand he was forced to crash but, the only place near was Tattoine so he landes there. After landing he activated his shapeshifting protacol and turned into a human. He heads for a sand crawler to free his droid brothren. (When he is not in his droid form he is Kata)

Kata arrives at the sand crawler and pretends he wants to buy a droid so he enters the sand crawler. Kata reaches the droid room and then goes berzerk and starts shooting at the jawas in the room. Kata goes behind one mouse droid (That is you DG) and shoots his restraining bolt "Lets get out of here."
 Doomie
05-08-2004, 11:32 AM
OOC: Well, there are Human Replica Droids (HRD, Androids is what we would call them) and it is also possible to stuff them with a ****load of guns 'n gadgets, but i don't believe the science in the starwars univerese is developed enough to create shapeshifting droids... You can keep all the gadget's, but you'll have to stay with one form i think... I like your name by the way, you thought about it well.

IC:Mousey was grateful, but he didn't understand it. He quickly raced after his rescuer, in the meanwhile scanning him. His body temperature was below normal. If he really was human, he should be long dead. 'How odd.' He thought. He beeped and made noises, wich meant: 'Are you a droid?' in the hope that his new friend could understand.
 LukeKatarn
05-08-2004, 3:11 PM
OOC Sorry k I will say I stay in a human form. Thanks yeah I like the name too.

IC "Why yes I am a droid." Kata said
 Doomie
05-08-2004, 3:24 PM
Mousey beeped to introduce himself and to thank the droid. 'But,' He beeped, 'We should get out of this place. I heard there are many dangerous droid-wrecking monsters out here. Do you see a town or something? You're somewhat higher than i am.' (It sounded like a series of different beeps, but that was aht he was saying.) But KA-201 didn't have the time to look around; they were being attacked by tusken raiders. 'Oh crap.' Mousey beeped, and it unfolded its side-blasters.
 LukeKatarn
05-08-2004, 3:31 PM
"Shoot first talk later." KA-20-1 said as he transformed his left hand into a machine gun and extended the blade from his right wrist.
 Doomie
05-08-2004, 3:37 PM
OOC: Hmmm... my droid name would be DO-1513.

IC:The Sand people attacked. Or Sand giants, as they appeared to Mousey. He jumped on a rock using his jets and then jumped on a tusken's head, to jump off again quickly, leaving behind a remote controlled sticky mine. Mousey watched with as much of joy as a droid can experience as he led the tusken's head explode. Then he turned his blasters upwards and started racing underneath their legs, in the meanwhile firing like mad... While he distracted them, it gave KA-201 a chance to finish them off for good.
 LukeKatarn
05-08-2004, 10:22 PM
KA-20-1 grabed one of his holstered guns and fired like mad at all the tuskens with his gun and his machine gun hand! After killling all the tuskins Kata asks "What is your name?"
 Doomie
05-09-2004, 9:52 AM
'you can call me Mousey.' Mousey beeped. 'I'd be happy to stay and beep (chatting for mouse droids), but the tusken raiders will attack us again if we stay here. Can you see were the nearest town is? Then we'll talk on the way.' Mousey njoyed talking to someone. He hadn't done so for years. Now he was finally free, and he had a new firned to protect him...
 LukeKatarn
05-10-2004, 5:02 PM
"The nearest town?" "I would think it is Anchor Head from there we can get transportation of this rock."
 SkullHW™
05-11-2004, 2:01 AM
iznat some sorta ****ty pape`?
 LukeKatarn
05-11-2004, 9:02 AM
(Skullhw what are you talking about?)
 Doomie
05-11-2004, 11:06 AM
OOC: No idea...? Skull, you're a nice guy and all, but sometimes i just don't get what the hell you're talking about...

IC: 'Alright, let's get going then.' And Mousey went off. Soon, they reached anchorhead. 'Alright.' Mousey said to Kata. 'You'd better not show that you're a droid, otherwise people would want to steal such a rare thing as you. Well, we'd better try the local cantina to find some transportation. let's go.'
 LukeKatarn
05-11-2004, 9:12 PM
OOC LOL

IC "Ok well I will go to the cantina and you can go pickpocket and get us some money." KA-20-1 said.
 Doomie
05-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Kata had dissappeared into the cantina. 'get us some money... pickpocket... i don't even have arms!' went trough Mousey's processor. 'I only have a lousy droid control manipulator... And a to cable...' He hid in a small corner of a dark alley. He jumped on some crates to be at the same height as his soon to be victim, and unfolded his guns. When someone entered the alley, he shot him trough the head and towed his money out of his pocket. Then he stored it, his storage room was just big enough. (he was also built for small data retreive missions, in wich he sometimes had to store a datadisk.) Just when he was a bout to exit the alley, a wookiee entered, who was appearantly the dead guy's friend. He roared loud and threw Mousey to the other side of the street, trough the cantina window and on someones head...
 LukeKatarn
05-16-2004, 9:23 AM
"Mousy," Kata said "What are you doing here?" but before he recived an anwser a the wookie came in then Kata pulled out his guns and standed ready!
 Doomie
05-16-2004, 2:28 PM
OOC: That's been a while. I even started a new thread because i feared you wouldn't return. Guess i'd better delete it now.

IC: Mousey got ready to fight, but the wookiee kicked him across the room before he could unfold his blasters. He crashed into the suplly of Cups .There was so much noise, a curious Imperial patrol entered the cantina and arrested the Wookiee. 'Well, ' Mousey said, 'I've got the cash, have you got us a transport of this dead rock?'
 LukeKatarn
05-21-2004, 12:05 PM
"Well it depends Mousy I made a deal with someone but it costs ALOT of credits how much did you get?"
 Doomie
05-21-2004, 12:19 PM
'I don't know' Mousey beeped back. 'I wasn't programmed for it. You count it.' He opened his little container, so Kata could count the money.
 Doomie
05-21-2004, 12:20 PM
'I don't know' Mousey beeped back. 'I wasn't programmed for it. You count it.' He opened his little container, so Kata could count the money. It was okay. The transport left the planet with Mousey and Kata aboard. 'So, where 're we headed anyway?' Mousey asked.
 LukeKatarn
05-22-2004, 8:35 AM
(IS this before alderan blew up? 9f so then...)

"Alderan I think."
 Doomie
05-22-2004, 9:17 AM
OOC: i dunno, better say so i guess.

IC: 'well, that'll take a while' Mousey said. 'Cause that's in the core systems. Maybe we should look around the ship for a while. Otherwise, i'll deactivate for now. You can activate me when we are there.'
 LukeKatarn
05-22-2004, 9:19 AM
"Ok but before you deactivate can you get me a can'o oil?"
 Sabretooth
06-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Enter DM-14

DM-14
Asassin Bodyguard Droid
Owner: Rich Nemodian Trader named Jert Lunx
Capabilities: Capability to use more than sixty types of weapons
Mounted-Blaster on left wrist
Mounted Mini-Rocket Launcher on right wrist
Infra-Red Vision
Night Vision
Mounted Jet-pack on back
Chassis: HK-47 (Much, much, more advanced, but still of same design)
Colour: Shining Green on Black
Birthplace: Daeto Droid factories, Coruscant
Current Home: Alderaan

DM-14 is abroad the transport and told to patrol the area as his owner has gone to strike a deal with a Tatooinian Merchant. DM-14 looked to and fro and often walked here and there when he came upon the conversation between a droid and a man. Curious, he walked ahead and stood beside the strange man. He looked around, as if guarding the two and ocassionally looked at the two, but made no attempt for contact.
 Doomie
06-10-2004, 10:33 AM
OOC: Nice to have you on the team. Let's get the thread rolling again.

IC: Mousey went to get the can o' oil Kata had asked for. 'Boy, i sure wonder if there are more droids aboard this ship.'He scuttered trough the feet of many people and finally reached a maintenance closet. He opened the droid lock (Apparently they also used normal mouse droids for maintenace here) and went inside. He fired his tow cable on the can of oil an dwent back...
 LukeKatarn
06-10-2004, 5:17 PM
Kata undid Mousy's tow when he came back. "Thankyou Mousy." he said. Kata turned on sleep mode.
 Sabretooth
06-10-2004, 11:47 PM
DM-14 looked at the two strange droids. One was taking a can of oil in his tow and the other undid his tow. As the two droids were sleeping, DM-14 quickly disappeared into the crowd. Alderaan was near, and before the transport reached there, DM-14 had to investigate and find out where the mouse-droid found the can of oil.

He waded through the crowd and eventually found a few maintainence closets, but they were closed. There was one that was open. DM-14 entered it and found a can of oil missing. He paused a while and grabbed another and stored it in his left-shin compartment.

He then exited and wlked hastily towards the droids, with the words 'You thieves! You shall be reported to Public Transport Pilot! You must come!' echoing in his head.
 LukeKatarn
06-11-2004, 10:20 AM
KA-20-1 wakes up"Come with you? I'm afraid not." Kata transformed his left and into a gun "Leave us alone or I'll shoot you. Wait a minute you work for humans? Then you must BE DESTROYED !"
 Sabretooth
06-11-2004, 12:48 PM
DM-14 stepped back and converted his right hand into a rocket launcher. He then got a better plan. He picked up Mousey in his left hand.
'Give Up, or your pathetic, disgusting friend DIES.'
 Doomie
06-12-2004, 12:10 PM
IC: Mousey unfolded his twin blasters. 'Who's pathetic and disgusting? Eat blaster bolts!' he beeped. Then he shot DM's arm, the one that was holding him. 'Either your with us, or dead meat.' he then beeped. 'What's it gonna be?'

OOC: By converting, do you mean unfolding your hand or something, or really transforming? Cause i yold Katarn a few posts ago that the latter one is not allowed.
 Sabretooth
06-12-2004, 12:15 PM
DM-14 stared at the two strange droids. 'Join... Dead Meat...' he considered.
The ship was landing and the crowd lessening. 'Prepare to die, under-droids!' he said. However, his trader just came by. 'Dee-em, let's go! We have landed!'

'Later.' he said, staring at Kata and left the ship.
 Doomie
06-12-2004, 12:30 PM
'Come back here!' Mousey beeped. 'You're just a friggin coward right? yeah, Run! Run like hell! You just don't dare to hurt us!' Mousey fired his blasters in all directions. His days in the sandcrawler, locked up and restrained, had shortcircuited and his little processor, causing him to malfunction. Simply put, he's pretty aggressive now for a droid. 'Come on, let's chase that piece of scrap to it's death.' He beeped against Kata. Then he went off onto the streets, steering trough the people's legs, scanning for droids.
 LukeKatarn
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
(Oh yeah I forgot to mentiopn my hand does not "Transform" into a machine gun it unfolds like the super battledroids.) "This is going to be fun."
 Doomie
06-14-2004, 6:06 AM
OOC: Alright, then it's ok.

IC: Mousey saw DM-14 and the trader. He jumped the trader using his jumpjets, causing him to fall on the ground. Mousey layed a mine on his back, and the people stepped back. 'Now we're gonna settle this once and for all.' He beeped. Something was malfunctioning bad now. He actually needed to have some chips replaced, but he wouldn't let anyone near him, because the malfunction made him more and more agressive. 'Nobody calls ME pathetic and disgusting! Pull your gun! If you run away again, I'll remotely blow up your master!' Then he unfolded his blasters again, ready to fire.
 Sabretooth
06-14-2004, 8:46 AM
Then, into DM-14 came the realisation of free thought. He realised that he does not need his master. He can live on his own, he's a droid after all.
'Listen, you malnufunctioning nitwit.' he said, stepping on the Nedmodian trader who groaned.
DM-14 equipped his blaster rifle and shot his master. He then turned to the two droids. Observing them for sometime, he loaded his rocket launcher and fired at his feet. Heavy smoke rose from the ground and chaos spread, when the smoke grenade's effects wore out, DM-14 was nowhere to be seen.
 Volt1
06-14-2004, 3:46 PM
This is going to be fun

Name: HRD-342 (Also known as Ark)
Species: Human Replica Droid (Male)
Weapons: Martial Arts, Extremely Strong, vibroblade
Bio: Ark was one of the last human replica droids made. It was made on a human trasnport in a secured lab. Unluckily though it broke out and killed every scientist who helped make the project. Ark was gifted with extordanary strength, martial arts, and speed. Ark is not the best with using blasters though.

Aboard the transport: (This is the same one with Luke and Doomgiver)

The scientist looked at the droid in the tank. It was perfect. It looked exactly like a humam. Everything was going as planned. The other scientists would add some minor touches to the droid and then it would be ready to be shipped. Suddenly the droids eyes opened. The scientist was shocked, it was not supposed to awaken right now. Suddenly the glass around the droid shattered and the droid stepped out of the tank. Everyone around the scientist screamed. The droid then jumped and grabbed a vibroblade and started killing many scientists. The scientist managed to pull the alarm just as the droid stabbed him.
 LukeKatarn
06-14-2004, 7:57 PM
Kata looked back and saw the droid. "Mousy I'm gonna go check it out." KA-20-1 walked over to the droid "You killed your master? Good and droid whi kills their master is a friend of mine exept the one back there. Would you like to join us?"
 Volt1
06-14-2004, 8:04 PM
Ark did not answer. Instead he drew his blade and stabbed the droid right in the arm. He then ran to the escape pod and jumped in it and set the course to Alderdain.
 LukeKatarn
06-14-2004, 8:11 PM
KA-20-1 ran after the droid gripping his shoulder. "STOP." he yelled at the droid.
 Sabretooth
06-15-2004, 3:08 AM
DM-14 was on a high balcony, watching the incident unfold. He had a thing for the second HR droid. He felt a sense that he now had an ally and leaded his rocket launcher to Ark. He loaded a rocket, but as he wanted, Ark dissappeared. Deem (DM-14) then pointed to the ground where Kata would eventually run to and shot a rocket. Then, he retreated out of the sight, and secretly made his way to one of the escaping pods.
 Volt1
06-15-2004, 2:33 PM
The escape pod landed on the outskirts of the Alderdaen town which the ship was going to land at. He walked for a while until he saw a cave jutting out from a mountain. He decided this would be a perfect place to hideout until he managed to earn more credits. He made a camp deep in the cave and went back out.
 LukeKatarn
06-15-2004, 2:35 PM
Kata did not go to where the rocket went. He saw the rocket and was surprised. "DANG. That droid that just escaped would be a good ally. Mousy I'm leaveing. I'll see you on Alderan." KA-20-1 walked in another escape pod and launched.
 Volt1
06-15-2004, 2:43 PM
Ark was praticing with his vibroblade when saw a escape pod (Deem's) followed by another (Kata''s). These droids where quite stubborn. Well now it was time to teach them a lesson. He put his blade into his belt and headed to the landing site.
 LukeKatarn
06-15-2004, 2:47 PM
Kata increased speed and landed first. Kata exited the escape pod and saw Ark with his Vibroblade out. "Maybe you will join me if I show you my skill."
 Volt1
06-15-2004, 2:51 PM
"Maybe so, I challenge you to a duel. If you win I will join you, but if I win you will not be wallkking away."
 LukeKatarn
06-15-2004, 2:54 PM
"I accept." KA-20-1 transforms his hand into a machine gun and pulls out a weapon for the other hand. He extends his wrist vibroblade and starts fireing with his machine gun.
 Volt1
06-15-2004, 2:56 PM
Ark dodges the shots and aims a slice at the arm which Kata has his machine gun equiped...
 LukeKatarn
06-15-2004, 3:04 PM
Kata dodges and uses this time to fire a shot. (Say if it hits.)
 Volt1
06-15-2004, 3:06 PM
The blast hits Ark in the chest whitch makes Ark stagger back ccatching him severely off guard.
 LukeKatarn
06-15-2004, 4:10 PM
Then Kata stabs Ark.
Page: 1 of 3