Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Door Subtract for Cylinders

Page: 1 of 1
 darthviper107
05-02-2004, 5:04 PM
I have a cylinder that I want to put an opening for a door in, I made a rectangle and placed it going through where I want the hole, but when I do try to subtract it it doesn't do anything, while it will do it for another rectangle. Is there a way to do this?
 Lil Killa
05-02-2004, 9:04 PM
you'll have to patch around where the door goes.. no way to subtract anything from a patch and also... last i heard csg subtract was evil
 wedge2211
05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
CSG subtract isn't evil unless you use it against a huge conglomeration of small brushes or things like...patches.

You have only a few options here, and none of them is quite satisfactory. First things first, try using Plugins > Bobztools > Split patch--this will turn your cylinder into 4 bevels. Now, you can either move the bevels a few units apart and put in normal brushes in the spaces, and then cut the brushes to make your doorway; or, you can select one of the bevels, add a few rows/columns to it, and move the verts around to make a doorway.
 GothiX
05-03-2004, 1:43 PM
CSG substract is still evil.
Page: 1 of 1