Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some NPC Weapon Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 jojobob
04-28-2004, 8:50 PM
how do i get some of the npc weapons to work for the player? the tusken rifle works great, i love being a wampa running around with it. the staff works as far as animations and attacks go but it doesn't do damag while the rifle does. the noghri stick (more like a pistol) works only for secondary fire, which makes a green flash from the muzzle and doesn't do anything. when you fire with the noghri stick, it crashes the game. i forget why the jawa pistol didn't work, some kind of model issue. the scepter works, but it shoots like a weak disruptor, not a yellow-orange continuous beam like when tavion has it. i've mind tricked tavion when she used the scepter and the beam stays on for a while longer. the scepter would be awesome if jaden held it right, had the right animations and shot out a cool beam or even did the ground pound. is there a way to use this without editing the code or making a saber that looks like the scepter and has a long orange blade?
 jon_hill987
04-30-2004, 2:00 PM
If you type: give weapon_scepter, you can use alt fire to get a beam, it dosn't kill, but has huge knockback and can bash enimies into walls till they die.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a weapons mod so I could do with some help on this sort of thing, I tryed altering the weapons.dat file but couldn't do much really.

what I intend to do is this:

Blaster pistol, primary fire: like origonal alternate fire
secondary fire: use scope

Blaster rifle, as above

disruptor rifle, primary fire: scepter alt attack as described above
secondary: as before

bowcater, primary fire: like origonal alt fire
secondary: with scope

concution rifle, primary fire: as before
secondary: primary but homing like the rockets.

Thanx in advance.
 jon_hill987
05-12-2004, 5:55 AM
Well, I'd guess no one knows how to do that sort of thing, maybe I'll just give up and stick to making sabers.
Page: 1 of 1