Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

which stance do you use?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rockstar
04-25-2004, 5:53 AM
hey guys,

i was just wondering what a poll on the JA board about prefered stance would come out like.

this poll isn't too see which is your favourite but to see what people use.

oh and any of the blue, red, yellow stances count as a vote for single saber

thanks for voting :)
 --ZeeMan--
04-25-2004, 6:56 AM
red all the way with occasional switches to blue and yellow for some variety :D
 Druid Bremen
04-25-2004, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by --ZeeMan--
red all the way with occasional switches to blue and yellow for some variety :D

I'm pretty much the same, except that I HARDLY use blue, but I use yellow a lot.
 StormHammer
04-25-2004, 9:37 AM
I use whatever stance fits the current situation. I constantly switch between the available stances for the particular sabers I have at the time. I'll switch sabers as well, when I feel like a change.

That's one of the reasons why I like JA. You can pick and choose as you want.
 Wanderer
04-25-2004, 11:23 AM
The double bladed saber is still my favorite, although it's quite nice to play with upgraded dual sabers:D
Oh...I have to add that I played JA only offline...
 Crow_Nest
04-25-2004, 1:59 PM
I use all stances, execpt for red. :)
 jon_hill987
04-25-2004, 2:45 PM
I only play SP so I use blue alot, for stormtroopers etc, but red for saber users. blue is good coz you can use speed with it and twirl through a group of troopers and watch them all fall to the ground as soon as speed wares off.
 Sam Fisher
04-25-2004, 3:20 PM
I use all single stances a LOT ^^
 Batdroid
04-25-2004, 4:54 PM
I use red for saber fights and yellow for the other guys.
 Samuel Dravis
04-25-2004, 7:38 PM
Duals. They're just good looking. :p
 Master William
04-25-2004, 7:50 PM
I use them all, and I do a good job with them too. I have to vote Red seeing as I use it the most
 MasterKakashi
04-25-2004, 8:24 PM
I use red ot blue.I rarely use yellow
 Weiser_Cain
04-25-2004, 9:29 PM
I use red...Slightly off topic, I download things willy-nilly. Something I downloaded changed the way you use a light saber. Everything is much slower and I can barely complete a swing, Alt attach now defends and and deflects bolts. Saber throw is now with the rest of the forcepowers.
All in all this has been interesting but what exactly did I download?
 GothiX
04-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Duals, greater defense, because for offense I only use guns anyway.
 Prime
04-26-2004, 7:56 PM
I use all single stances pretty equally. Like Stormhammer it depends on the situation...
 --ZeeMan--
04-26-2004, 8:18 PM
funniest thing occured while i was in a server the other day. this one guy claimed to be the best single saberist there, so i dueled him and won. and just about everyone else dueled him and won as well. he claimed that red was the best, that blue and yellow was for "pussies". OMG i had such a fun time harassing him about that and the strategy that blue and yellow play. after everyone beat him, he still maintained the fact that blue and yellow were worthless. anyways...you'd prolly like that story crow ;-)
 Boran
04-27-2004, 9:05 PM
I use single because it just owns mostly use yellow.
Red beats Staff or Dual
Staff or Duel beats Yellow
Yellow Beats Blue Or Red
Blue beats Dual ( ocassionally Staff )
 Rockstar
04-29-2004, 11:09 PM
i think red is good coz it has the best special moves.

i think it'd be good if you had seperate buttons for each stance with the single saber or have 2 commands: "previous stance" and "next stance". Coz it'd be handy to be able to quickly press a key and be in the stance then execute a move in that stance, then press another and immediately go back to the original. eg) someone with full saber points - using yellow could press a key to go to blue, execute a lunge, then be back in yellow again. So you wouldn't have to cycle through.
 Rockstar
04-29-2004, 11:11 PM
umm, is what you said truth or opinion Boran?? i really don't know
 Prime
04-30-2004, 1:00 PM
I think a little of both...
 Rockstar
05-02-2004, 12:26 AM
lol!

hey prime i see your a mod! congrats buddy!

this poll would lead me to believe that standard saber is the most popular out of the members in this forum...

is there actually any 'usual' pattern of what stance can beat what?
 Khier
05-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, when it comes to single sabers, any stance can beat every stance..... it's all about the player skill and experience. As for duals and staffs, they are possible to beat with yellow and even blue, but a lot of luck and mouse jerking goes with that so red is most practical.

I prefer yellow (versus other single users), as it's well rounded, and can easily defeat a red user with the correct timing and distancing. Occasionally I like to use blue and try my hand at humiliating a red user, but that doesn't happen often :p .
 topshot
05-02-2004, 6:16 PM
I just go for all of them. It doesn't matter what one I use, as long as I'm having a great time. But, since my choices are divided among the 5, I'll go with Blue. It can do tons of damage if used properly.
 Kurgan
05-02-2004, 9:00 PM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
I use red...Slightly off topic, I download things willy-nilly. Something I downloaded changed the way you use a light saber. Everything is much slower and I can barely complete a swing, Alt attach now defends and and deflects bolts. Saber throw is now with the rest of the forcepowers.
All in all this has been interesting but what exactly did I download?

An easy way to find out is to check your base folder for non-Raven pk3's.

Sounds like one of those saber mods (of which there are millions).

Hint: if it's not named "assets(with a number after)" or "bonus" or "siege_destroyer" it's a non-Raven mod. ; )
Page: 1 of 1