Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Okay people. I need some Help. First what is a dedicated server,2 how you create one?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jorge-Fonseca
04-24-2004, 8:41 PM
Okay people. I need some Help. First what is a dedicated server,2 how you create one?

I tryied clciking on the dedicated server, Yes and game crasheds and shows this DOS format that says sending heartbeat to raven.com wtf is this? is my game having a heart attack? thnks for ur supprt people,

PS: can anyone tell ne where to find a coorect working hoth siege server?

also thnks dakjedi i hope this link to this forum you gave me has a better chance of getting help
 razorace
04-25-2004, 6:16 AM
Simply put, a dedicated server is a game host that is hosting the game without allowing a player to play on that system. This frees the game to just worry about running the game world instead of handling the game world and all the graphics, controls, etc for a player.

Your game isn't crashing. Instead it's just going to the dedicated server window. That's suppose to happen.
Page: 1 of 1