Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Allegiance?

Page: 1 of 1
 jake_exe
04-20-2004, 1:36 AM
which side of the force do you use and why
 Samuel Dravis
04-20-2004, 1:52 AM
Lightside, because darkside is totally useless againts Absorb. And Protect is very useful during lightsaber duels/firefights.
 Kurgan
04-20-2004, 1:52 AM
I love the Dark Side (it's fun), but in general I tend to play Light, because I use the Force to keep myself alive while I use my weapons to get kills.

I had more fun with the Dark Side in JK2 1.02 because grip and drain were so powerful, but two-fisted lightning is fun to unleash on unsuspecting n00bs. ; )

Nowadays when I use the Dark Side, it's mostly when I'm forced to playing Siege as a Dark Jedi.
 Batdroid
04-20-2004, 2:00 AM
I mostly use dark side powers but some times i do use the light side.
 Weiser_Cain
04-22-2004, 6:40 AM
Dark, because I'm evil.
 Radd
04-22-2004, 8:10 AM
Light side. As some people have said, Absorb is the Great Equalizer of the game. No room to complain about lighting and grip kills when you can easily nullify them and settles things with a lightsaber.
 StormHammer
04-22-2004, 9:48 AM
Light side. Because I don't feel right playing Dark Side, as fun as it is.
 Crow_Nest
04-22-2004, 9:59 AM
I am a netural jedi, i use dark side during big FFAs, light side when lamers around.
 --ZeeMan--
04-22-2004, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
I am a netural jedi, i use dark side during big FFAs, light side when lamers around.

so pretty much all the time? :p

i switch off between dark and light...guess there's a power struggle within me :D
 acdcfanbill
04-23-2004, 5:58 PM
what do the absorbers have to say about any dark jedi being able to nullify your absorb power w/ drain in a duel? :D
 Kurgan
04-23-2004, 11:44 PM
But drain doesn't drain Force when Absorb is on, if Absorb is at an equal or higher level (ie: Absorb 3 vs. any level of Drain).

I suppose if a person uses Absorb continuously they'll eventually run out of mana and be vulnerable to Drain, but remember Drain doesn't get anything if they're out of mana does it?

I'm speaking of 1.01 here without mods and normal regen rate. If you have Regen cranked up (to 0, ie: infinite mana) then Drain could have a real advantage since it's a single use power, whereas Absorb prevents regeneration while it's on.

So the drainer could keep pounding away until absorb finally wore off and then grab whatever mana they had left.

On normal settings the drainer would foolishly waste his mana and then the Absorber can just flip up his shield again as soon as he needs to.

Anyway that makes sense to me. Tell me where I'm wrong...
 Rockstar
04-26-2004, 2:18 PM
/\
|

makes sense to me too...
 BawBag™
04-26-2004, 2:33 PM
I use lightside for absorb and mind trick (for some reason I don't use protect :confused: ).

Although sometimes when playing CTF, I'm using absorb whilst going for the flag, and there's still a knockback from being pushed or pulled, and (especially on yavin hilltops) I fall to an untimely doom.

Which does piss me off. But there ya go. :D
 MasterN64
04-26-2004, 3:08 PM
Lightside. Why? Well, first off, absorb will just about counter any dark power. I use other lightside other powers rarely, mostly because i like a even fight. That andI had a few trainers who taught me to be light....
 acdcfanbill
04-26-2004, 5:07 PM
u silly lightsiders forget ur absorb makes a noise. in a duel, darkside is stronger than lightside, i can drain all ur force between your absorb running our, and u putting it back on. :) in FFA settings light may have more advantages, but try to find a good FF dueler that uses liteside :)
 Prime
04-26-2004, 7:44 PM
I use lightside, because as acdcfanbill says I am silly...
 Master William
04-26-2004, 8:44 PM
Dark side because I'm used to it, I mostly Drain, use Lightning, and Grip people and then force push them away. I like Light a bit, but it's boring because Light is for defense while Dark is for offense. So it depends if you want to attack or defend something, I guess.
 topshot
04-28-2004, 1:35 AM
I prefer balance in both defense and offense, so I'll use absorb from time to time. I wouldn't use Healing, because sometimes I fight better when I'm the red. From time to time, I'll probably let bolts fly from my finger tips, but that's just because it's a fun trick. :D
Page: 1 of 1