Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

g_forceRegenTime 0 - Who likes it?

Page: 1 of 2
 Azymn
04-17-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm curious as to how many servers set g_forceRegenTime to 0? And how many people like that?
The results of this poll will help me determine what to do with it in a mod i'm preparing to release.
 Samuel Dravis
04-18-2004, 3:37 AM
I like it. It makes combat far more hectic - as it should be in an FPS. :)
 --ZeeMan--
04-18-2004, 4:02 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
I like it. It makes combat far more hectic - as it should be in an FPS. :)

I like it in certain instances. If you're playing with a bunch of experienced players that dont' rely on spamming moves then i dont' mind it being set to 0. But if you got peeps that just spam barrier or kata all the time then it get's to be a hassle.
 Samuel Dravis
04-18-2004, 4:10 AM
Originally posted by --ZeeMan--
But if you got peeps that just spam barrier or kata all the time then it get's to be a hassle. While they're doing that, why don't you waste them with a red DFA, lunge, or roll stab? Almost all of the kata moves do very little damage when they're winding down. Just swoop in and take 'em out. Foolish spammers, they don't know what they're doing. :D
 Kurgan
04-18-2004, 5:34 AM
I dislike it. Too many server use it, to the point where people are spoiled and demand it everywhere.

Having infinite force to me feels too much like cheating, and it leads to endless whining about "balance."

See, this is how it is... people want to be able to have infinite force to do every move as many times as they want whenever they want so they don't have to think about mana, but they don't want the OTHER GUY to be able to do it.

I think it's pure hypocrisy. After all, would you stand for an infinite ammo cvar? How about an infinite health cvar?

It's just silly. The game is much more strategic and fun when you have to use the force wisely instead of mashing the buttons.

The game wasn't designed for balance with infinite force, so I think it plays better with the default setting (200).

I use it in one case, and one case only, when I'm not playing the game but just trying to take a screenshot or reach some "secret area" and don't have time/patience to wait while my mana charges up if I have to make a lot of big jumps. In the game itself I think my skills are sharpened if I can't rely on infinite force to get me through situations. Mana is like ammo or shields in that you have to manage it wisely in order to come out on top.
 Crow_Nest
04-18-2004, 7:07 AM
*Raises Hand* :)
 AIVAS
04-18-2004, 7:25 AM
I'm in the beta of this mod, and I think that disabling or capping G_forceregentime will send it to an early grave.

So far, at the time of this post 4 love it, 2 play it every once in a while, 1 hates it.

The best option IMHO is to leave g_forceregentime as it is, and find a way to balance other classes. If it is removed, a lot less servers will use it. you leave it as it is and give other classes balance with that, and those who like 0 or very fast regen will use it, and those that don't will turn it up to a normal setting.

And for the event that someone says: but then the other classes will be to powerful unless G_forceregentime is at 0!
I suggest you make the EXTRA balances (not the ones needed to bring them up to scratch with other classes with normal regen time) activated whenever g_forceregentime is 150 or lower (two-thirds normal regen time or lower) I'd say 100 or lower, but then every server would use g_forceregentime 101
 Crow_Nest
04-18-2004, 9:38 AM
Yeah i like it, cause i dont have to wait for so long when i need to regen force power after a force jump.
 Egoslav1a
04-18-2004, 10:43 AM
0 force regen is a crutch for newbies who can't use moves with percision, but in this regard i'm more speaking of JK2 style full force then baseJKA. Or these mods they have out now that add kick. Anyways, I find when I full force duel these people, they just pull over and over until they get in close, then try to kick. In normal force regen, they would waste so much force doing this that they would get jacked quick. 0 force regen is mindless, and for newbies who lack the ability to play with strategy and percision.
 Egoslav1a
04-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Why are there stickies for ladders that never got going? That rumor newb plays some other game now with Crossover
 Crow_Nest
04-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Egoslav1a
0 force regen is mindless, and for newbies who lack the ability to play with strategy and percision.

Now stop flaming others who like 0 force regen. :)
 Master William
04-18-2004, 12:24 PM
I love it, I mostly want it for deathmatch servers where everybody are just using force, weapons, and their lightsaber.
 AIVAS
04-18-2004, 8:17 PM
How much do you like to play with g_forceregentime set to 0? (infinite force)

It's my favorite - I rarely play anything else! 6 40.00%
It's fun every once in awhile - I think having the option is nice. 3 20.00%
I play it sometimes, but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. 0 0%
I hate it - it ruins the fun. 4 26.67%
Never tried it. 2 13.33%

It seems pretty much divided, so as I said, IMHO it would be better to include merc balances that take affect whenever g_forceregentime is 150 or lower.
 GothiX
04-18-2004, 8:29 PM
Is you set ForceRegenTime to 0, you're basically giving lightsiders godmode.
 Lathain Valtiel
04-18-2004, 9:37 PM
Essentially, forceregentime 0 is a crutch that makes it so you don't have to watch your force points. You might as well give guns infinite ammo too, as the idea is the same, only ammo doesn't regenerate mostly (Thank God).
 Sam Fisher
04-18-2004, 11:17 PM
No, I think it makes it to easy..
 Egoslav1a
04-19-2004, 8:06 AM
Pete and repeat

fu newbs
 Samuel Dravis
04-19-2004, 11:56 AM
fu newbs I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone asked for flaming. I like forceRegen 0. You don't have to 'spam' moves to enjoy being able to jump continuously. If you can't play with it on, then don't go to a server that's got it. So, you stay over there, and I'll be happy on my forceregen 0 server over here. No conflict. The problem is that some of you seem to think that all servers should be exactly the same - I personally would not find that very fun.
 Crow_Nest
04-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Pete and repeat

fu newbs

Hey whos the newb? Who just joined and with only less than a 10 posts!
 GothiX
04-19-2004, 1:01 PM
Postcounts don't mean <waffles>, Crow.
 Egoslav1a
04-19-2004, 2:11 PM

Newbie, why are you here?

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone asked for flaming. I like forceRegen 0. You don't have to 'spam' moves to enjoy being able to jump continuously. If you can't play with it on, then don't go to a server that's got it. So, you stay over there, and I'll be happy on my forceregen 0 server over here. No conflict. The problem is that some of you seem to think that all servers should be exactly the same - I personally would not find that very fun.

too long, didn't read
 Boran
04-19-2004, 3:24 PM
I love it and personnaly I think that if you disable the regentime option you will not get very many downloads if you disable it I for 1 wont download FM3 sorry but regentime 0 is the only way to go for using force jump and just cause of jetpack fuel just mod it so that what every the regentime is thats how much fuel the jet has...anyway if you disable the option for regentime in FM3 I doubt there will be half or less as many servers playing it as otherwise
 Prime
04-19-2004, 6:02 PM
Zero regen time is kind of overkill IMHO. It is nice to have a little strategy when managing force power. Setting it to zero is basically undoing all the balancing Raven tried to do.
 Samuel Dravis
04-19-2004, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Zero regen time is kind of overkill IMHO. It is nice to have a little strategy when managing force power. Setting it to zero is basically undoing all the balancing Raven tried to do. Well, I just meant for FFA, TFFA, etc. Not dueling, Siege, JM*, HFFA* etc. It would really mess up gameplay on those.

*No, It's not a typo. It's the OJP mod :)
 Kurgan
04-19-2004, 8:32 PM
CTF and Team games would seem to be messed up by it as well.

After all, what's the point of having Team Regeneration or Force Boons when you essentially already have infinite force?

Plus that makes it even harded (as I'm sure certain people would agree) to stop flag carriers.

Only FFA would seem to be "okay" with infinite force, though again, Force Boons are useless and it just encourages "spamming."

Toss that two handed lightning all day long, and drain your way back to full health after using your Rage+Speed combo.

Light Jedi keep up your protection or absorb all day and jam on that heal button.

The game wasn't balanced to be played that way, I agree. Which is why if you make a mod you can't allow for every possible setting, you have to either cap it or modify the mod for each setting people might use.
 Samuel Dravis
04-19-2004, 8:41 PM
Sorry, but I just think it's funny how using a certain way of killing someone (that WAS meant to be in the game) is called spamming. I don't think players in many other games have such a strange way of dealing with being killed - I mean, they know it's not real, right? It's like saying that using a rifle a lot in a WW2 game is "spamming" it when it's actually just playing the game. It just sounds silly. The same with "laming". :p

Your points on CTF and TFFA taken, Kurgan. You may be right on that count. ;) And with FFA, while it may not be balanced specifically for full force, that doesn't mean it's not fun. When I play on FF FFA servers, no one seems to use it like you're describing. I guess I'm just lucky to have avoided that type of person so far. :)
 Kurgan
04-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Spamming as a term for gaming is real and legitimate.

It simply describes (as its namesake, email spam) using the same thing over and over again.

The point of contention is the notion that spamming is "wrong" and shouldn't be allowed.

I've always been of the opinion that "spamming" is perfectly legitimate in nearly all cases because the fact that the opponents haven't figured out a counter after all those kills is evidence of their own inferior skill or imagination.

Now if this were a case of some bug exploit that made a certain tactic uncounterable, maybe it would be a problem.

So in my book, spamming is par for the course. Agree with you there. ; )

About the only way to compensate for the "problem of spamming" is to incorporate an "Honor Code" that forbids it, but this would be completely nonesensical and require way too much micromanagment and admin fascism to enforce. Yet, people seem to be trying... which is sad.

My comments about forceregentime 0 is that I've noticed two things:

1) I get many people in my server begging for forceregentime to be lowered (and I always use the default 200 which is the same as the default in JK2 was), indicating to me that people are "used" to playing it with 0. I see a lot of servers with 0, and I assume they are just used to playing this way and no other way.

2) I've noticed one of the most common complaints about "why JA sucks" or "needs a patch/mod" is that "people spam X, Y, or Z".

Since these folks are usually talking about sabers only or dueling, this indicates they're talking about Force Powers and Saber moves. Since these require mana, they are very difficult to spam, UNLESS they have fast force regen.

By reading between the lines I get the point that the biggest problem with this game is that too many servers have forceregentime 0 (or at least very much lower than the default) and that players have become "spoiled" by this, and their whole worldview of the game (and whether they like it or hate it) is based on this setting.

So in a sense, they're not really playing or judging "the game" as it were, since this so radically alters gameplay.

The thing is they can't have it both ways, they can't get their fast force regen and not have spamming.
 Samuel Dravis
04-20-2004, 12:42 AM
I've always been of the opinion that "spamming" is perfectly legitimate in nearly all cases because the fact that the opponents haven't figured out a counter after all those kills is evidence of their own inferior skill or imagination. Exactly.
About the only way to compensate for the "problem of spamming" is to incorporate an "Honor Code" that forbids it, but this would be completely nonesensical and require way too much micromanagment and admin fascism to enforce. Yet, people seem to be trying... which is sad. Agreed, but let's not bring that up. Someone might like to "debate" the point. ;)

I think you hit it on the head Kurgan - they're just too used to it being on to the exclusion of all else.
 Egoslav1a
04-22-2004, 9:13 AM
Look man, i've been playing JK series a long time. From what I read on this board, all of the older players are trying to explain to newbies why 0 force regen is unbalanced and takes less skill then the legit setting of 200. God forbid you newbs actually learn how to be accurate with your pull kicks and what not instead of having to have infinte force so you can just keep spamming if you miss. How many times have I seen newbs just mash on their pull key until they finally get it right. Yes, that is true skill......lol...

God forbid you guys learn how to strafe jump and wall climb properly so that you can conserve force in your movement....but not only do you demand that you instantly get your force back from jumping, but you ALSO demand a Jet Pack, which is another non-legitimate cheat. Basically what you are saying to me is that the legit game is too hard for you, and you want to use cheats to bring skilled players down to your level.
 Crow_Nest
04-22-2004, 9:22 AM
Since you want to explain that to people can you not use the word "newb" or "newbie"?
 Samuel Dravis
04-22-2004, 3:55 PM
Since I can't answer for everyone else:
Look man, i've been playing JK series a long time. Ok. I have too - bought all the games, played them extensively. From what I read on this board, all of the older players are trying to explain to newbies why 0 force regen is unbalanced and takes less skill then the legit setting of 200.First, I'm pretty sure I'm not a 'newbie'. I've played both JO and JA since it came out. Second, the 'older players' - translate 'senior forum members' because they really can't have played the games much earlier than me - have already presented their arguments, and I agreed with them. When I connect to a server with a forceregen of 200, I don't get immediately outraged that it doesn't conform to my standards. I just play the game. While I find it more fun to play with infinite force, as that allows you to do things that you would not normally do, it is not essential for enjoying the game. God forbid you newbs actually learn how to be accurate with your pull kicks and what not instead of having to have infinte force so you can just keep spamming if you miss.Just so you know - I hardly ever use katas or special moves. I usually don't even need them. I personally like to make saber combat a little more difficult by restricting my usage of the moves that do a lot of damage. It makes things more interesting. :) How many times have I seen newbs just mash on their pull key until they finally get it right. Yes, that is true skill......lol...Very, very rarely do I use pull. I like maxing out force points on Protect and Absorb better.

God forbid you guys learn how to strafe jump and wall climb properly so that you can conserve force in your movement....You apparently assume that I don't know how to do these things. I do, and I'd appreciate it if you got rid of your stereotype that 'everyone who likes force regen 0 doesn't have any idea on how to play the game.'
but not only do you demand that you instantly get your force back from jumping, but you ALSO demand a Jet Pack, which is another non-legitimate cheat. Err...what? The Jetpack is already in Siege, and the only way to get it otherwise is to either use a mod or enable cheats on the server.Basically what you are saying to me is that the legit game is too hard for you, and you want to use cheats to bring skilled players down to your level. Not at all. I can enjoy the game either way, with forceregen 0 or forceregen 200. Apparently, the only problem here is that you will not accept that other people have opinions that may differ from yours. I'm sorry for you that you cannot enjoy all aspects of the game as much as I.

And what's with the 'newbie', 'newbs' etc? They don't make your posts any more convincing, and they definitely make them much harder to take seriously.
 acdcfanbill
04-23-2004, 5:50 PM
force regen of zero pretty much nullifies darkside :) which isnt a bad thing cause usually drain, lightning, and grip are all disabled (unless ur a uber admin) so everyone is forced to go light anyway. yea, its great to hear 'whoosh' 'whoosh' 'whoosh' in the span of 1.5 secs, knowing ppl can heal faster than you can do dmg, cept for the lucky 1 hit kill butterflys. oh, also, i prefer regen 200 :D
 Egoslav1a
04-23-2004, 6:25 PM
too long, didn't read
 Prime
04-23-2004, 9:55 PM
Thanks for trying.
 Rumor
04-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Forum posts do not measure skill, as you are a prime example.

Now in all seriousness.

Regen 0 takes out the last bit of skill left in base ja. force management. Now you guys can ask bill, darth cobra, and the other guys who were in [SL] and ask them how hard it is with just 200 regen in a TDM match using energize every other second (don't forget JO had no limit) which does take skill to time and keep going while you are playing and killing (even in jo it did). But when you set it to 0, you remove all balance from the game and it just becomes a newbfest. I guarantee that if myself or ego (who is one of the better s/o ctf'ers i've seen) were to go up against a whole server all we would have to do is use ptk to tear you apart, heal or no heal. Heck i even dueled a kid who was supposed to be one of the best with 0 regen and we played on 200 then on 0 and he never touched me, and left the server after only 5 rounds claiming i was a "gay faggot cheater".
 Kurgan
04-23-2004, 11:55 PM
So suffice to say the only place that Forceregen 0 doesn't utterly ruin the game is FFA, right?

And even then it's questionable.

And anybody who wants to call me a Newb, I've been playing this series since Oct 97. The only real "lull" in the series for me was JK2. Between the release of 1.03 and 1.04 I didn't play online that much.

The problem is people are addicted to forceregen 0 because it's these same admins who think Admin Mods, honor codes and weapon/forcedisable are the greatest things ever are addicted to using that setting. It makes them spoiled and lazy, hence they can't deal with the default settings anymore.
 Lightning
04-24-2004, 1:49 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
The problem is people are addicted to forceregen 0 because it's these same admins who think Admin Mods, honor codes and weapon/forcedisable are the greatest things ever are addicted to using that setting. It makes them spoiled and lazy, hence they can't deal with the default settings anymore.

I had that problem my self. But good thing for my is that i found that out my self a few weeks ago and every things slowly going back to normal. Forceregen is 150 right about now on my server and i all most never have any problem with running out of force. And playing on my self with a higher forceregen only made it more fun. :D
 Master William
04-24-2004, 1:50 AM
Look man, i've been playing JK series a long time. From what I read on this board, all of the older players are trying to explain to newbies why 0 force regen is unbalanced and takes less skill then the legit setting of 200. God forbid you newbs actually learn how to be accurate with your pull kicks and what not instead of having to have infinte force so you can just keep spamming if you miss. How many times have I seen newbs just mash on their pull key until they finally get it right. Yes, that is true skill......lol...

God forbid you guys learn how to strafe jump and wall climb properly so that you can conserve force in your movement....but not only do you demand that you instantly get your force back from jumping, but you ALSO demand a Jet Pack, which is another non-legitimate cheat. Basically what you are saying to me is that the legit game is too hard for you, and you want to use cheats to bring skilled players down to your level.

Too long, didn't read. :rolleyes:
 Rockstar
04-25-2004, 5:49 AM
if your force immediately regenrates what stops a light sider from using level 3 heal,heal,heal,heal and being immortal??

i wouldn't know but i think i'd prefer to play the game legit rather than with cheats on...
 Crow_Nest
04-25-2004, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Rockstar
if your force immediately regenrates what stops a light sider from using level 3 heal,heal,heal,heal and being immortal??

i wouldn't know but i think i'd prefer to play the game legit rather than with cheats on...

If that guy keeps healing, you can spam lightning and kill him before he manages to heal again. Or can always disable heal and lightning.
 Egoslav1a
04-26-2004, 2:20 AM
If that guy keeps healing, you can spam lightning and kill him before he manages to heal again. Or can always disable heal and lightning.

lol.....

I've played JKA for about a month now out of boredom and lack of extra funds to get UT2k4. I havn't met a "full force dueler" who had any skills apart from a grip kick. It's sad how terrible they all are. S/o CTF is totally dead, the maps and gameplay have rendered it unplayable. Full Weapon CTF is still fun. I play maybe an hour or two a week but I havn't seen a good player yet, other then the occasional oldschool gunner on a full weapon server. I don't ffa full force at all since all of the servers are 0 force regen.
The last time I did was against this supposedly "elite" clan called IJ. They had their force set to 0. They were all really awful players, one trick ponies...not able to stand against an old JK vet like me, even when I am rusty. I beat them all really bad. At one point this guy pulled 5 times in a row really quick trying to hit me with a pull kick, and totally missed. I couldn't help but think how ugly the dueling style in 0 force regen is, so much spamming, so little percision. If that had been legit force regen, he would have got jacked quick for using up that much force without any result. It's just made it so newbs have a better chance of getting a hit or two in against a skilled player.

But yeah, I agree...it's basically like enabling a cheat.
 Rockstar
04-26-2004, 6:37 AM
how about using force absorb, then force heal, heal, heal, heal?? lol

or can't u use heal whilst the absorb effects are on
 Samuel Dravis
04-26-2004, 7:01 AM
Absorb prevents force regeneration. So, you couldn't do that. I dislike heal anyway - it doesn't heal enough HP to be useful on a fregentime 200 server.
 Egoslav1a
04-26-2004, 3:55 PM
I rarely use heal if i'm simply full force dueling legit. And I only use absorb in select circumstances (like if my saber falls out on a throw, or when I sense the other guy is about to drain if he is dark). Lightside has almost no chance against a skilled darksider unless we're talking about UJ or something, but he was a fluke, and he dueled mostly darkside from what I saw anyways.
 Lathain Valtiel
04-28-2004, 4:27 AM
I rarely use heal if i'm simply full force dueling legit. And I only use absorb in select circumstances (like if my saber falls out on a throw, or when I sense the other guy is about to drain if he is dark). Lightside has almost no chance against a skilled darksider unless we're talking about UJ or something, but he was a fluke, and he dueled mostly darkside from what I saw anyways.

^ Correct. Once you get decked with drain you're finished if Light.
 Rumor
04-28-2004, 2:07 PM

UJ invinted the most effective lightside style, which screed used and was the best lightside dueler. pyro has been using it and he is very good, but not quite as good.
 Rumor
04-28-2004, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Since I can't answer for everyone else:
Ok. I have too - bought all the games, played them extensively.[B]First, I'm pretty sure I'm not a 'newbie'. I've played both JO and JA since it came out. Second, the 'older players' - translate 'senior forum members' because they really can't have played the games much earlier than me - have already presented their arguments, and I agreed with them. When I connect to a server with a forceregen of 200, I don't get immediately outraged that it doesn't conform to my standards. I just play the game. While I find it more fun to play with infinite force, as that allows you to do things that you would not normally do, it is not essential for enjoying the game.[B]Just so you know - I hardly ever use katas or special moves. I usually don't even need them. I personally like to make saber combat a little more difficult by restricting my usage of the moves that do a lot of damage. It makes things more interesting. :)[B]Very, very rarely do I use pull. I like maxing out force points on Protect and Absorb better.
[B]You apparently assume that I don't know how to do these things. I do, and I'd appreciate it if you got rid of your stereotype that 'everyone who likes force regen 0 doesn't have any idea on how to play the game.'
[B] Err...what? The Jetpack is already in Siege, and the only way to get it otherwise is to either use a mod or enable cheats on the server.[B] Not at all. I can enjoy the game either way, with forceregen 0 or forceregen 200. Apparently, the only problem here is that you will not accept that other people have opinions that may differ from yours. I'm sorry for you that you cannot enjoy all aspects of the game as much as I.

And what's with the 'newbie', 'newbs' etc? They don't make your posts any more convincing, and they definitely make them much harder to take seriously.

I'm nowhere near a friend of media, but comparing your experience with his is like comparing a minnow to a great white.

the old fk's and s~'s (now part of crossover) know more about the gameplay mechanics than anyone, primarily because they tested every facet of the gameplay extensively.

oh yeah fu media.
 Kurgan
04-28-2004, 9:19 PM
ForceRegen 0 really benefits "instant use" powers, we're talking here about Drain, Lightning (especially two-handed lightning, ouch!), Jump, Pull, Push, etc.

Grip isn't that big of an issue, but every little bit of mana helps, while you're doing one power you can get ready to do the next one without penalty.

Likewise it benefits mana draining saber moves like twirls, katas, saber barrier, and the three single saber special moves.

What this means is that Protect, Absorb, become less useful so I think in general this benefits the Dark Side the most.

Sure a Light Jedi can heal like mad, but then he can still be killed in one hit, or during the slight delay before the healing takes effect.

Rage wouldn't seem to be a beneficiary of the unlimited mana, but remember the Dark Sider can use drain to get himself back to full health and use Speed during the recovery period so he can get back in the game much faster.

I forget if you can actually heal yourself and gain back mana during Rage in JA (you could in JK2), but if so there again is another strike against going lightside on regen 0 servers.

So the issue is with balance, really. If you like that style of gameplay (biased in favor of darkside and spamming of saber special moves) then I guess that's your choice.
 Samuel Dravis
04-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rumor
I'm nowhere near a friend of media, but comparing your experience with his is like comparing a minnow to a great white.

the old fk's and s~'s (now part of crossover) know more about the gameplay mechanics than anyone, primarily because they tested every facet of the gameplay extensively.

oh yeah fu media. lol, whatever. If you people think that spending the entire day (or even part of it) getting better at a video game is going to get you anywhere, be my guest. Sounds like someone has gotten a little obsessed. BTW, that 'great white' thing was classic. :p

Since this thread is worn out because Kurgan messes everything up by posting the final word, and he's actually right about it, I'm going to stop posting inflammatory comments now.

Try not to get carried away, eh? ;)
 Egoslav1a
04-29-2004, 8:39 AM
fu rumor

does screed and pyro still play jka, if not who does

And samual, plz stfu. At first you tried to act elite, now you are calling good players losers with no life. Plz figure out which stance you are going with and stick with it.
Page: 1 of 2