Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very low dowload rate

Page: 1 of 1
 XVIIVX
04-09-2004, 7:25 PM
Every time when I try to download a map or anything from a "Jedi academy" server I can only get about 2 kb/sec when i have capacity of atleast 25 times more...
It very frustrating when it take about 1 1/2 hour to download anything.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-09-2004, 8:23 PM
The auto-download feature for maps built-into Quake III engine games is inadequate and obsolete, and it's best if servers disable it. It takes forever to download a map and most people won't wait.

Before going to a server running a non-standard map, download the map from www.lucasfiles.com) , www.pcgamemods.com) , or www.jk2files.com) with your broadband connection and install it in your game before joining the server.
 Crow_Nest
04-10-2004, 5:14 PM
I think its best if you dont download files from servers, if it takes a long time you give lag to the players in the server. Normally i download files from servers if they are 1MB or less.
 Kurgan
04-10-2004, 6:07 PM
Yeah, small files are no problem, it's the big files that are problematic.

I wish there was a way to just have a url link appear so the people know what mods to get before all that stuff (like UT had).
 Johch Ai'oki
04-12-2004, 8:51 PM
I only use autodownload if I can't find a specific file for download, and the Star Destroyer II Siege map or Asteroids... Both are good examples.
Page: 1 of 1