Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Outcast SP Campaign maps in Jedi Academy

Page: 1 of 1
 Jack Cooper
04-08-2004, 2:48 AM
Ok, I thought it would be fun to play the SP campaign from Outcast as Jaden, or at least with the dual lightsabers, etc. So I started trying to do this. First I tried just dropping the Outcast paks into a mod directory of Academy. This gives me an error message "Inncorrect Product ID". So it looks like I'll have to extract the needed files.

So, does anybody know what files would be necessary to make it work?

- JC
 Prime
04-08-2004, 4:23 PM
What you can do is take the assets .pk3 files from JO and put them in the JA base folder so that they will be loaded first. So you need to rename them so that they come alphabetically before assets0.pk3 (e.g. rename the first one to _assets0.pk3). This will cause any files that are duplicated in JA to be overwritten by the JA versions, and everything extra to be provided by the JO files.

It doesn't work perfectly, but it is playable for the most part. I have also found that just about all JO custom SP maps are playable in JA...
 Kurgan
04-08-2004, 9:19 PM
I haven't tried this myself, but it sounds cool. I hear you have to cheat in some places (scripted sequences) or skip past cutscenes.

Though it would probably be prohibitive for most players, I guess this means we can finally play those JO SP missions in Coop mode? ; )
 Radd
04-13-2004, 4:48 AM
Huh. Curious, I gave it a shot. I renamed the JO asset files (_asset0.pk3, etc...) and dropped them into the JA base directory...but I still got the 'incorrect product ID' message.

It's only the _assets0.pk3 that does it to me, but that's the important one.

I'm also unsure as to how to get cheats working in multiplayer, it's not the same as singleplayer is it? I don't think that worked for me...
 Tinny
04-13-2004, 2:29 PM
other than assets0.pk3, are there any other files i have to get from jo?
 Prime
04-13-2004, 3:28 PM
All the assets .pk3 files I believe...

For MP cheats, you need to use devmap [name of map you want to use].
 Awolagent
04-19-2004, 4:24 AM
I still can't get this to work, does anyone know where I can find a more detailed explanation of what to do?
 SSJ_Hyde2
04-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Awolagent
I still can't get this to work, does anyone know where I can find a more detailed explanation of what to do?

its sounds hard to do, but its not, so I'll tell u it

also, its like this
rename them like this

JO assets
0_assets (1-5)

then put them in the JA base, i say put it in a folder with the JA assets also, u so can have a mod, and name the folder like JO or JK2, and u can play mostly all the SP levels in Sp, but there are a lots of bugs, and now u can paly most of the JO maps that u d/led for MP now have there texture, enjoy
 Master William
04-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Done this before, can't be arsed to explain how it's done though. I remember implenting the last JO SP level (when you fight Desann) into JA, and it worked about 90% correct.
 manoman81
04-20-2004, 2:02 AM
OK, so I'm trying to do this as well. My questions are how many asset files are there and is it possible just to copy them straight from the JO cd (I have the orginal that I bought) or should I do a full install, copy the files, and then try to make it work?
 martintox
08-16-2010, 6:20 PM
I have a problem.When I play the cairn_dock1 map,there are missing textures.
 DeadYorick
08-16-2010, 9:56 PM
I have a problem.When I play the cairn_dock1 map,there are missing textures.

Jedi Academy doesn't have all of Jedi Outcast's textures, not to mention scripts and models. As such there are loads of problems when running Outcast's maps in Academy. Theoretically there is a way to fix this but the effort involved probably wouldn't be worth it. Your much better off just playing Outcast as Kyle Katarn and using his single light saber.
 martintox
08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Ok,nevermind.I found something to fix the missing textures:http://www.filefront.com/6503038/JO-JA-Mod-v3.1/)
Page: 1 of 1