Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you get bot routes to work?

Page: 1 of 1
 Tinny
04-08-2004, 12:32 AM
hey Kurgan, how do you get the bot routes to work on your meat grinder server? i'd appreciate all the help given, thanks :)
 TK-8252
04-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Eh... couldn't you have just PMed him?
 --ZeeMan--
04-08-2004, 1:37 AM
TK....can't you see it's just another way to increase post counts?

but seriously i'd like to know to to so i guess i'm validating it :-) *shrugs*
 Tinny
04-08-2004, 1:53 AM
sorry guys, didn't think of that.
 StormHammer
04-08-2004, 9:07 AM
I've changed the thread title to reflect the content. Please remember that if you need to contact an individual on the forums, that is what the PM function is for. Please don't address threads to individuals - but give it a title based around your question. As this particular issue may interest others, it's staying open with a title change. :cool:
 Kurgan
04-08-2004, 9:15 PM
Okay I'll reply just this once, but yeah, remember PM's are quicker and less cluttering if you're just asking one person something.
; )

Bot routes are stored in "wnt" files which are stored in a pk3 file in my /base folder.

For examples, check out DDS Re-Routed (downloadable from LucasFiles.com) and look at the directory structure in the Pk3 (open with winzip). The files have to be in the proper directory structure to work.

http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=375)

To create the wnt files is a bit more complicated, but much much easier than editing most other things in JA:

http://www.perkwerx.com/DDS/TUTORIALS.htm)

Follow this tutorial and you should be on your way!

Tips: using 1.01 you may have to "load the map with cheats" several times before it works properly. You can always check the console (scroll up with pageup/pagedown to see if it loaded the routes correctly when you're done). Also realize that a BIG route may take awhile to save (I've had to wait up to 5 minutes before for a really long one). It's even longer if you had errors which it tries to automatically correctly. Generally you have to make the route in one shot, so do the best you can, plan it out on paper in advance if that helps.

Also I've been told that you may have to have your graphics settings turned up to view the floating numbers properly (not your resolution, but the other settings shouldn't be turned off).

Finally, the shortcuts he provides may or may not be useful to you. In my case I just edited my own files and did it that way, since I don't have JA installed in the default directory, etc.
Page: 1 of 1