Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Font Is Used In Jka?

Page: 1 of 1
 Mr Joshua 120
04-06-2004, 6:00 PM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT FONT IS USED IN JKA? EITHER IN THE MENU WHERE YOU TYPE YOUR NAME OR IN THE GAME WHILE CHATTING?
 --ZeeMan--
04-06-2004, 6:27 PM
Times New Roman
 Kurgan
04-07-2004, 10:13 PM
That's good to know, kudos!
 --ZeeMan--
04-07-2004, 11:55 PM
lol.....jed's gonna be by here later proclaiming his innocence i bet
 Crow_Nest
04-08-2004, 8:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr Joshua 120
ANYONE KNOW WHAT FONT IS USED IN JKA? EITHER IN THE MENU WHERE YOU TYPE YOUR NAME OR IN THE GAME WHILE CHATTING?

Um ,careful with the caps lock button.
:rolleyes:

Btw, are you sure JA uses Times New Roman? I thought it was for JO or something?

The letter characters in JA looks weird, not really Times New Roman at all.
 --ZeeMan--
04-08-2004, 1:52 PM
i did two tests....one is copy/pasting from the load up screen (in yellow)...and the second was copying pasting straight from the console...both times it pasted as TNR so that's where i got that impression

could be wrong cus i dont' think it looks like TNR either... :-)
 Samuel Dravis
04-08-2004, 2:07 PM
Copying and pasting don't carry over font type info. There's actually a few font files in the pk3s, but I don't know how to access them.
 manoman81
04-08-2004, 4:07 PM
I'm not sure what font it is either. it looks like a variation of TNR. Go here and look to see if you can find a font that looks close to it www.1001freefonts.com) The site has a few fonts that are "from" Star Wars. Check it out and see what you can find.
 Samuel Dravis
04-08-2004, 6:16 PM
Yeah, the folder is assets1.pk3/fonts/. Apparently they have 'arialnb', 'aurabesh', 'ergoec', 'anewhope' and 'ocr_a'. I know that Aurabesh and probably the Arial one are very easy to get, though the others I'm not sure of.
 Kurgan
04-08-2004, 9:21 PM
Hmm, maybe they just appear that way because of the default fonts used in Word and such?

How about the default fonts used by the cfg files?

Anyway there isn't a whole lot of variation of the character sets for TNR vs. a lot of other standard truetype fonts so it shouldn't be that big a deal if you're just trying to put lots of "133+" characters in your name. ; )
 Rumor
04-09-2004, 1:35 AM
ingame chat uses OCR A Extended (i used to use that font all the time :o) as for the menus some mix of arial, veranda, or something similar.
 GothiX
04-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Copying and pasting don't carry over font type info. There's actually a few font files in the pk3s, but I don't know how to access them.
Throw them into Windows/Fonts, then reboot.
Page: 1 of 1