Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maps, Mods for dummies...

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Evol Baby
04-05-2004, 6:07 PM
Okay I have to start from scratch.

Where do we go to get info on what Maps, Mods are?

How to install?

How to access once installed?

I'm sure once I get the hang of it I'll be able to make some kick butt goodies for you all.
 TK-8252
04-05-2004, 6:44 PM
When you download something, it'll 99% of the time be a zip file. Extract the contents of the zip file to your Jedi Academy/GameData/base directory. You should have a pk3 file and most of the time a readme and sometimes screenshots.

For example, if you download HapSlash's Improved Stormtrooper (this is partly a hint to get it), you'll get a zip file called hap's-ja-trooper.zip. Extract that to the base folder, so you now have: Jedi Academy/GameData/base/hap's-ja-trooper.pk3.

Some mods will make you create a new folder in the Jedi Academy/GameData directory. So if you download cHoSeN oNe's Jedi Academy Reloaded (JAR) mod, you should have a new: Jedi Academy/GameData/reloaded directory.

Skins and models are just new people to play as in multiplayer. They'll show up in the profile screen when you join a server.

Maps are run by the server, so if you have the map's pk3 file in your base folder, you can join a server running that map. Or if you want to create your own server, you can select the map on the "Create Server" menu.

Some mods, like weapon mods, lightsaber mods, etc. can just be put in the base folder and they require no further attention. Other mods, like admin mods and new single player missions, that require a new folder in GameData to be created, will need to be selected in the Setup/MODs menu.

---------------------------------------

Phew, hope that helps!
 Darth Evol Baby
04-05-2004, 9:02 PM
Okay NOW I'm getting smarter!

Was wondering why my 'Siege Destroyer' map wasn't showing up in MP.

I take it I have to be on a server or start my own?

I'll try that.
 --ZeeMan--
04-05-2004, 9:18 PM
**ADVERTISEMENT!! ADVERTISEMENT**

reports post to moderator

hee hee hee just kidding tk! :-)

and you can just create a game to try out certain custom maps you just d/ed
 TK-8252
04-05-2004, 9:36 PM
I'll advertise if I want to!! :mad:

http://www.hosted.clanlc.com/Stormtroopers.jpg)

*Runs away!*
 Darth Evol Baby
04-06-2004, 4:40 AM
Okay I d/loaded Siege Star Destroyer and unzipped it into my games data file and it's there.

When I start MP I can't find it. So do I start a new game? What's the procedure?
 Crow_Nest
04-06-2004, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evol Baby
Okay I d/loaded Siege Star Destroyer and unzipped it into my games data file and it's there.

When I start MP I can't find it. So do I start a new game? What's the procedure?

To start a siege destroyer server you'll have to read the readme file carefully in order to prevent your ships from disappearing and getting killed without a ship in space.
 --ZeeMan--
04-06-2004, 3:50 PM
COOL! look at all the little stormtroopers!

*pulls out lightsaber*

thanx for the info crow :-)
 Kurgan
04-06-2004, 6:46 PM
Siege Destroyer is only available in the gametype "Siege" nowhere else.

It's not available in "solo game" unless you manually set the gametype and warp to it through the console.
 Darth Evol Baby
04-07-2004, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Siege Destroyer is only available in the gametype "Siege" nowhere else.

It's not available in "solo game" unless you manually set the gametype and warp to it through the console.

So what's "Siege" and how do I start it up?

Please a step by step process if you can. Once I get it once I'll follow through again. :)
 TK-8252
04-07-2004, 2:38 AM
 Kurgan
04-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the plug! ; )

Siege is g_gametype 7 (IIRC)

Asteroids Mod (the two flyable asteroid fields) is meant for g_gametype 6 (team FFA) but the Siege Destroyer map is meant for Siege mode.

So here's how you'd get there from Solo Game:

0) Run the Asteroids.bat batch file (you installed Asteroids mod properly right?)

1) Bring down the console (shift tilde)

2) type: g_gametype 7 (hit enter)

3) type: map mp/siege_destroyer2 (hit enter)

4) Once the map has loaded, join a team/class.

5) Bring down the console again and type (depending on which team you joined):

(If you joined the red team):

addbot rebel 5 blue

(If you joined the blue team):

addbot rebel 5 red

After a few seconds the match will "begin" and you can fly around.

That's in Solo Game mind you, just for messing around. You can do the same thing on a server you created, but in Solo nobody can join I don't think.
Page: 1 of 1