Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you make a stance?

Page: 1 of 1
 Zenday Farlon
04-03-2004, 3:02 AM
How do you make your own stance. I'm not making a big mod or anything (like JA+ or something). I just want to make a simple mod that adds a new stance onto the game for Multiplayer. So how do I make a new stance that won't replace any other stances, but add a new one onto the stances? Ya know, just a simple "Throw the pk3 into your base and play" mod.
 keshire
04-03-2004, 4:50 AM
An idle stance?
A new saber style?

There is a difference.

The style consists of all the moves

The stance consists of how you hold your saber.

If you mess with the stance you have to live with the fact that the anims may skip because they all transition into each other.
 Zenday Farlon
04-03-2004, 7:04 PM
I want to change the way the saber is held I guess, but I don't want it to replace or change the default stances.
 razorace
04-03-2004, 8:06 PM
You'd have to do a fair amount of code editting. Not simple stuff.
 Zenday Farlon
04-04-2004, 7:54 PM
So how do I do this coding? All I know is that it has something to do with the animations file.
 razorace
04-05-2004, 3:25 AM
Well, it would be a buttload of work. Unless you've very skilled at C/C++, I wouldn't even attempt it. You're better off just having your mod replace the current stances.
Page: 1 of 1