Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All Purpose OOC Thread

Page: 1 of 2
 F-Bomb
03-26-2004, 12:14 AM
I think this thread will be useful to coordinate out of character discussions so we don't clutter the threads too much. I mean, if you're posting something relevant to the plot out of character, by all means, do it in the thread, but for everything else, I think this thread will do nicely.

With that, I'm going to dissolve the Nal Hutta OOC thread as it has outlived its usefulness. I recommend the dissolving of Escape from Nal Hutta and Great Job RPers threads as they are no longer useful to the community.
 Doomie
03-29-2004, 4:54 PM
ok you're right, i'll stop cluttering and post here. But i wasn't sure if you'd read it then, so... Any way, if my guy is to powerful, just tell me and i'll change it while i haven't joined yet.
 F-Bomb
03-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Your character sketch doesn't make the character too powerful, it's how you use it. Read Nal Hutta if you wonder what I mean. My character sketch was powerful, and so was the character. But now read Leea & Lingo. It's the same character, but played more carefully.

If you don't let your character act overpowered, it won't be. And that means that I won't have to kill it! :D
 Doomie
03-31-2004, 11:14 AM
well, if you give him to repeating blasters for arms, a jetpack and the strongest armor ever made, i think he's too powerful no matter how you handle it. But anyway, i'll play accordingly to my character.
and please, katarn and reclaimer, i hope you read this, check yourspelling please. look at the difference between Partners in crime and the republic crisis. Bad grammar takes away part of the magic.
 Doomie
03-31-2004, 5:47 PM
i like where your story is going. you two (lingo and f-bomb )are the best RPers. i hope i can keep up the high level...

And F-bomb, do you come here sometimes? and will you try to keep posting in 'dark crusade' as well? Thank you.
 Doomie
04-02-2004, 7:05 PM
Am i the only one posting here? looks like it. You guys coul've at least told me that you weren't interested in dark crusade anymore. How typical.

. Please participate. Stories die if no one does anything. Don't post once, then leave. Likewise, it's not terribly courteous to just vanish in the middle of a story for no reason. Stories die without the storytellers. That's from the role-playing guidelines on JKII.net RPG forum, but it also counts here. It's not nice of you guys!
 VanLingo
04-03-2004, 6:53 AM
i like where your story is going. you two (lingo and f-bomb )are the best RPers. i hope i can keep up the high level...

Thank you very much :)
I've been reading chapter books since I was 9 years old (I read The Client and The Lost World straight through in one day each when I was 13). I'm a book-loving geek, so good grammar and writing mechanics come kinda natural.
 Doomie
04-03-2004, 8:28 AM
yeah, i'll never be as good as you are cuz english is my second language.

And if you like reading, will you please check out my Fan Fiction and vote for it? Thank you.
 F-Bomb
04-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Don't give me this "so typical" crap. I've only got so much time a day to post, and I post by priority. I haven't had time for Dark Crusade lately, and I haven't posted there. Get it?
 Doomie
04-04-2004, 1:11 PM
Okay, i get it. I was just quoting C-3PO. But anyway, jokemaster seems to have forgotten about it, unless he has the same problem as you do. Anyway, a new guy joined Dark crusade so i don't have anything to complain about anymore. And now Jokemaster returned. Weee!
 F-Bomb
04-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Given that Partners in Crime is taking a long time to get started to the point that other people could jump on (not that that is a bad thing, I'm loving the experience personally), I was wondering if the community might want another thread started by Lingo and I in the same fashion, but more open for others and maybe a little faster paced. If the other coherent posters around here like Doomgiver, Jokemaster, and T10 or others who come along would like another strong RPG thread, let me know and I'll start a story.
 Doomie
04-12-2004, 8:46 AM
yeah, that'd be cool. All RPG's i joined are a bit unpopulair, so i could use a new game. So yeah, i'd like it. When do we start?
 T10
04-12-2004, 6:34 PM
Erm, well, erm...do we want a combat one or a let's figure something out one?
 F-Bomb
04-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Not necessarily a combat one, that's not what I meant. Something that people can jump onto from the beginning is what I was thinking of. So Doomgiver is in, I'm in. T10? VanLingo? Others?
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:10 AM
oh i'm in. my guys in the roll call if ya wanna see him
 F-Bomb
04-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Well there's one more...
You might not want to use the same character for every story though. It works out with some, but others are set ages apart or simultaneously. You might want to have a few in mind that you can use in various games.

I myself have got a spectacular one ready for the next good story that comes along.
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:16 AM
okay cool but someone should come up with a spectatular story instead of my lame battle for hoth.(i needed something to do okay!:p )
 F-Bomb
04-13-2004, 12:20 AM
That's what I'm lining people up for...
Well, I hope it will be spectacular at least...
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:22 AM
lol but who would start it?
 F-Bomb
04-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Sorry to sound condescending...

ME! Duh... Who'd you think if I was going to all this trouble? lol
:p
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:25 AM
lol oh oops sorry i guess i'm just not as fast as the other people around here...:p
 F-Bomb
04-13-2004, 12:27 AM
'S okay. And if you want to delete a post, edit it, and check the little box at the top where it talks about deleting things. To edit a post, click the little box at the bottom right of the post that says edit.
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Ah so that's how you do it... I'm guessing you saw the post in the roleplaying guidelines...

:lsduel:
 F-Bomb
04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I did. Thought you might like to know how to delete it for future reference.
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:34 AM
lol yep i might neways when are u gonna start the new story?
 F-Bomb
04-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Tomorrow or Wednesday probably.

I'm waiting to see if VanLingo or anyone else is interested. I'll get around to it in a day or so I think.
 slapshot16
04-13-2004, 12:38 AM
okay well i gotta go now watch monster garage. so i'll end this little instant messanger type dissussion (srry i can't spell) but hope u start it soon!
 T10
04-13-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm definately in. Can't wait for this. G.I. Jow will find his calling. Laser eyes!
 Doomie
04-13-2004, 2:15 PM
Great, four people already. I think that would be enough.
 slapshot16
04-15-2004, 11:59 PM
So F-Bomb I guess we should start now. Maybe we should wait for Van Lingo b/c he can make or break it.
 F-Bomb
04-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I was holding out for him, hoping he would post here. I'm thinking I'll wait another day or so, see if Lingo has an opinion.

Hear that, Lingo? Post here and let us know if you'd be interested in another RPG. If you're not going to do it, I'll set up a little differently.
 VanLingo
04-16-2004, 8:34 AM
Wow, I am actually in demand!

Yeah, I'll go along. I'll use Orn Carsin, an Alderaanian nerfherder.
Star Wars meets the Old West!

Seriously, though -- you start it, I'm there.

-- Lingo
 F-Bomb
04-16-2004, 1:24 PM
Good, I'll start it tonight.
 slapshot16
04-17-2004, 1:19 AM
Good becuase I can't wait for a good one.
 Doomie
04-17-2004, 5:24 PM
By the way, How long is it going to take before Van lingo and Jivva are gonna get to their destination? I wanted to jump in there but it's taking longer than i thought...
(Of course i am talking about Partners in crime)
 slapshot16
04-18-2004, 12:55 AM
I just found a spot. I've been looking for a spot for a looooong time and finally found one as a cloud city security gaurd. They should get to the imp fleet soon and you should be able to join in there.
 VanLingo
04-18-2004, 3:49 AM
Hey, Doomgiver --

First of all, what kind of character are you going to use?

It might be a good idea to jump in as our Nar Shaddaa contact. Your first post could be a hypercomm message to Lingo.

Just an idea...
 Doomie
04-18-2004, 1:15 PM
Well, i would jump in as his bodyguard, Shade. It's in the Roll call thread, just before slapshot i think. But I see you're getting there, so maybe it's better if i wait.
 slapshot16
04-18-2004, 4:04 PM
Or... you could me on my side to stop these two scoundrals.:p

and F-Bomb are you gonna start that new RPG soon?
 F-Bomb
04-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. Soon as I'm done posting here, I'm going to set up it's character thread and then the story thread. Expect to soil yourselves when you see my character's profession. It's rather humorous to say the least.
 Doomie
04-22-2004, 3:20 PM
So... F-bomb, there are three characters, let's start, shall we?
 slapshot16
04-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Don't worry doomgiver he's gonna start it around 8 or 9 est when he gets on... and if i'm right say so f-bomb! And LF was down for everyone for a while right?
 F-Bomb
04-23-2004, 1:34 AM
It was down for you and I at least. Yeah, I'm going to post in BFH and then I'll be getting the new one started.

I point you all in the directions of the guidelines and give you Partners in Crime as an example of what to do. I give you anything by Luke Katarn as an example of what not to do.

Let's make it a good one!
 slapshot16
04-23-2004, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by F-Bomb

I give you anything by Luke Katarn as an example of what not to do.

lol haha
 F-Bomb
04-23-2004, 2:09 AM
So T10, are you going to revive Marta Richmar for PiC?
 Doomie
04-24-2004, 8:33 AM
Alright, you might wonder why i deleted my last post in The Killer Outside. Well, it just felt really lame and people pointed out that i didn't have to post each time, so i've deleted it to see how Haadar is gonna get outta this one himself.
 slapshot16
04-25-2004, 2:32 PM
I have a question for a mod or admin. Do the RPGs in here have to be star wars? Could we make a Lord of the Rings one?
 Doomie
04-25-2004, 4:20 PM
I don't know... Why don't we just do it and see if it gets locked.

By the way, are there vampires with lord of the rings?
 T10
04-25-2004, 6:48 PM
Nah! Richmar's staying out of this one. He's a pilot mercenary, not a fist fighter. He'll come back in some other RPG. Maybe with a new ship. Maybe not. Maybe with a dress. You never know.
 slapshot16
04-25-2004, 7:44 PM
No doomgiver, but there are ringwraiths, The Nine, Servants of Sauron, Corrupted men. Call them what you want but they dress in black robes and wear black horses. And they have the black breath whitch lets them do bad things (I forget) And if we are gonna start a LOTR rpg, then I should give u a list of races and stuff. If anyone has anything else to add, feel free to add it.

FREE PEOPLE

Men- Humans. Greedy, Will do anything for power. Has Kings (most of the time) or a steward.(See Return of the King movie and you will get most of this better. In fact, see the whole trilogy. But there is no sub for the books!)
EXAMPLE- ARAGORN, or STRIDER ( they are both the same person.)

Elves- My favorite. Immortal, but can be killed in battle. Can see and hear very well. Can walk lightly (I.E. not fall into snow.)EXAMPLE-LEGOLAS

Dwarves- Short guys with beards. They are good in close combat. And are miners.
EXAMPLE-GIMLI

Hobbits- Also called halflings. Like ale. Most live in the Shire or in Bree and the surrounding cities.
EXAMPLE-FRODO,BILBO

Some good, Some bad

Wizards- Verry powerful. Can use magic.
EXAMPLES- GOOD- Gandalf
BAD- Saruman

Dark Forces(the bad guys)

Ringwraiths- Servants of Sauron. Are drawn to the ring. Cannot see as we see, but see the shadow world.have black breath.
EXAMPLE- Err.... no names given here. But they were men.

Orcs- Evil short guys that like to kill people. Not very smart.
EXAMPLE-If we do one, these guys are the grunts of Sauron that fight against the Free People of Middle-Earth

Uruk-Hai (sp?)- Cross-breed bewteen men and orcs. Stronger than your averge orc.
EXAMPLE-10,000 of these guys marched on Helm's Deep.

Easterlings- Men with cool armor from the East.
EXAMPLES- were at the black gate in the movie.

Southerners- Men from the South with cool armor.Ride the Oliphaunts.(pretty much big elephants.)
EXAMPLES- Were ambushed by Faramir in The Two Towers

Ummm that's all I can think of but if anyone has more feel free to add.
Page: 1 of 2