Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All Purpose OOC Thread

Page: 2 of 2
 Doomie
04-25-2004, 8:01 PM
Yeah, i know what nazgul are, i've seen the movies. But the books go further, so there was a chance there were vamps.
And nazguls don't 'wear' black horses :)

Anyway, when do we start?
 Doomie
04-25-2004, 8:33 PM
Woops, i think i did something stupid by starting that bar fight.

hey guys, don't forget the RPG'S!
 slapshot16
04-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Lol no vamps but the book does go alot further. Like at the end the shire gets taken over by people and the hobbits take it back. It is my favorite part.

Also if you need an elf name you can go to here (www.chriswetherell.com/elf/)
Also if you need a hobbit name you can go tohere (www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit)
here (http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.asp) is one for dwarf orc elf and hobbit. (but if you are doing elf or hobbit Please do the top two they are much better IMO)
And I think you should be able to come up with a human name.

I guess I'll start character creation. Again I will give you PiC as an example of what to do.
 F-Bomb
04-27-2004, 8:37 PM
Hey, slapshot, I'm going to lay off of posting a reply in PiC until Lingo gets a chance, so let's all just sit tight.

Also, to all this concerns:

I'd like to make a formal request that all those who visit this board disregard the posts made and threads started by LukeKatarn. I believe that he posts outside of the rules and guidelines of this forum to a disruptive point, fails to obey rules stated inside threads themselves, and generally poses a threat to the intelligence quotient of anyone on this board. I believe that his posts should be declared null and void, that is, the other members of this forum should not read them, respond to them, or acknowledge them in any way, shape, or form. In effect, his posts should be treated as if never posted at all. I believe that this is for the good of the forum, and ask it in the name of a coherent board.

Thank you, F-Bomb.
 F-Bomb
04-27-2004, 8:53 PM
I hate to double-post, but with that last one this thread...

...burst onto the Hot Threads List! I hope it stays there for a while.
 Doomie
04-28-2004, 5:30 AM
and generally poses a threat to the intelligence quotient of anyone on this board.

LOL :D

Say, if nobody posts in the RPG threads anymore because of the bar fight, i'll delete it, so be warned!
 VanLingo
04-29-2004, 6:25 AM
Ooh, that's harsh, F!

But true. Just remember, though -- English is his second language, so he kinda has an excuse.

BTW, count me out of the LOTR RPG. It's hard enough keeping up with two, and I'm not very good at LOTR lore (even though I love the movies and games!).
 Doomie
04-29-2004, 8:26 AM
WEll, that first excuse is kinda sucky, i'm keeping up with dozens of RPG's. but yeah, if you don't know much about it you shouldn't really join in. But true. Just remember, though -- English is his second language, so he kinda has an excuse.

English is also my second language. (but i have trained on it alot.)
 F-Bomb
04-29-2004, 8:43 PM
Yeah, I'm staying out of LOTR, too. Not a huge fan.

Back on Katarn, if English is his second language, that's one thing. That excuses poor spelling and grammar. It doesn't excuse ass-inine posting however. Which is my chief problem with him, mind you.
 slapshot16
04-29-2004, 9:39 PM
Okay... Well LOTR died in like a day. Doomgiver you wanna do just us to? Or should we just forget about it.
 Doomie
04-30-2004, 3:58 AM
Well, it could be fun to play with just the too of us.... but it could also be really boring... i dunno...
 T10
05-03-2004, 1:07 PM
Yeah...I'm not a great fan of the LoTR either. Not really my type of thing. Anyway, that Slaven RPG'd getting really good. Let's keep it up.
 VanLingo
05-06-2004, 3:03 AM
I have two quick announcements:

#1. I am not missing from our RPs. I'm just waiting for others to post. Post, blast you!

#2. I will not be able to log in until Saturday due to out-of-town business. Make me a good storyline to expound upon!

Just so you know.

-- Lingo
 VanLingo
05-22-2004, 1:14 PM
Hey, everyone --

My new fanfic is posted on the Hire on Demand site. You can see Parts I and II in .htm or .doc formats here: http://republic.fragism.com/hireondemand/tales.htm)
Part III will be posted very soon.

-- Lingo
 Doomie
05-22-2004, 2:01 PM
Alright, the key to 'gettin'back in business' is finding Slapshot 16. If he posts in either 'partners in crime' or 'the slayer of sleheyron' , the story will continue! So if anyone sees him, or knows another way to contact him, tell him to get his @$$ back over here!
 F-Bomb
05-27-2004, 8:31 PM
Ok, Lingo and I each got in a crack in PiC.

Here's my solution, and I hate to even suggest it but...

I think we might need to kill him off. If he comes back, he can create a new character, and if not, no harm done.

I know, I know... I would hate it if that happened to me, but I'm thinking it might be necessary.
 VanLingo
05-28-2004, 12:23 AM
No, not even GMs can kill characters off. It's the taboo of RPing.

But...since we're making our way to Nar Shaddaa's surface, we can just drop him off. Nar Shaddaa is a perfect place to for him pick back up if he has to.
 F-Bomb
05-30-2004, 8:38 PM
That'll work. Planning on posting soon?
 Doomie
05-31-2004, 6:43 AM
Alright, now if you just put the ship down on Nar shaddaa, my men will be waiting fo you.
Page: 2 of 2