Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Duel gametype suggestion

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
03-20-2004, 2:47 AM
Hey, I've noticed that some very good duelers win consistently (20-0) and it gets boring going after the same guy every time and getting wasted. So, I think that after 5 or so kills with no deaths on a person's score, they should be kicked to the bottom of the list, so that other people get a fair chance instead of just lining up to be slaughtered by that one person. Do any of you have ideas on this?
 Pnut_Man
03-20-2004, 5:02 AM
On the note of new gametype--
I always thought JA could benefit from a 'last man standing'. I believe Movie Battles integrated this pretty well back in JK2, so i'm sure it's possible.
 Samuel Dravis
03-20-2004, 5:36 AM
Yeah, I think that what MB is going to have.

What I meant was that when a player has 5-0(or so) kills it would knock them down to last in line to fight(even if they won their last round), so that others could get a chance to fight someone besides the elite one.

*edit: just noticed that my thread title is misspelled. :o Fix it for me someone?
 razorace
03-22-2004, 8:37 AM
Yep, you're going to have to talk to Phunk about that. He's pretty zealous about the LMS concept so I'm not sure we'll be able to talk him into submitting it or not.

And, no, I'm not going to edit the thread name. I beleive that language is a tool, not a method of oppression. So, misspelling is ok dokie in my book. :)
 RenegadeOfPhunk
03-22-2004, 8:51 AM
He's pretty zealous about the LMS concept

heh - not sure where your going with that Razor :)

..if you mean that I dont' think you can just bash it into the base game - then OK. But I've got no problem with submitting basic LMS support to the OJP eventually. The only problem is - atm - my LMS implemtation for MBII is based around Siege - and requires specially made maps.

I can eventually get LMS working for the basic FFA / TFFA gametypes - like I did in JO - but it's gonna be a bit more work. I can get it in eventually though, if that's what people want...
Page: 1 of 1