Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

stupid botz!!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 PSyCo_SMurF
03-14-2004, 8:32 PM
how can i get my bots in my server to have [BOT] at the end of there names? here is my bot section of my server.cfg

seta bot_minplayers 3
seta bot_enable 1
seta bot_nochat "0"
seta bot_fastchat "0"
seta bot_grapple "1"
seta bot_thinktime "100"
seta g_spSkill "4"
 Kurgan
03-15-2004, 6:55 AM
Just edit bots.txt and put in a "funname" for each bot and put in whatever you want.

Make sure you save the file with the proper directory structure in a seperate pk3 and run it in your base folder (or whatever, for your setup).

Though technically you shouldn't need to notify people that your bots are in fact bots, since they can see it for themselves in the server status window (IIRC) or score table (how else would they have a 0 ping on the internet?).

PS: I've never messed with "bot_grapple" what does it do exactly?
 PSyCo_SMurF
03-19-2004, 12:35 AM
well i seem to get alot of people yelling at my bots for laming. LOL it takes them awhile to learn that they are bots. but my server is a dedicated and when i join i have 0 ping so they think im a bot too. and i have no idea what the grapple thing is its just what someone told me to put in to make bot even harder. i think its something to do with melee....and where is this file bot.txt? i can't find it. im running ja+mod 1.8b and it is not in any of my jka folders.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-19-2004, 1:58 AM
Originally posted by PSyCo_SMurF
well i seem to get alot of people yelling at my bots for laming.
Funny, it's the bots that are smart enough to play the game the way it was meant to be played and never whine, and it's the humans who would rather whine about made-up rules being broken.

If only more humans played like bots (constant playing and no whining). Bots own!!

Download the DDS iBots here (http://www.perkwerx.com/DDS/downloads.htm).
It's better to edit the bots.txt inside DDS_Ibots.pk3 than the one in your assets file. Extract bots.txt with WinZip, edit the names to whatever you want, then put the bots.txt file back into DDS_Ibots.pk3, and put DDS_Ibots.pk3 in your server's base folder.

Kurgan, bot_grapple is a holdover from Quake III. It means the bots can use the grappling hook in Q3.
 Kurgan
03-25-2004, 5:25 AM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
 DeathWhitch
04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Where is this Bot.txt file that you speak of? I see it not! and someone tell me what the point behind downloading new vehicle models is! seems to have function cause if the players on the server do not have the knew vehicle installed they either A. can't enter the room or B. get kicked cause the game can't a load that isn't there!
 Kurgan
04-15-2004, 6:40 PM
The point is only to host them on your server (or mess with them by yourself offline I guess) and then enable downloading so people can grab them (most vehicles don't take long to grab) and play with you.

But of course you have to have the vehicles enabled on the map or else it's just useful on "cheats" servers.

I see your point.

I forget the exact directory bots.txt is in, maybe ext_data/ or something like that. Without my pc I can't look it up, but just sift through the assets pk3 files, take a few minutes and you will eventually find it, trust me.
Page: 1 of 1