Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

siege_korriban with guns

Page: 1 of 1
 [ONE]Mushroom
03-10-2004, 7:02 PM
Myself and clanmate Pebofin have modded siege_korriban to give all the classes guns, as well as a few tweaks to force powers. It is available here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/4567/) . The pk3 contains text files only, so is a huge ten kilobytes in size.

I'd post all the changes we've made here, but the file is so small you may as well download it, open it up and see for yourself :)

Scripts are included to start the modded map, see the readme.

It overwrites the default .siege file, but it is still possible to join normal korriban games with the mod.

The teams are changed using the g_siegeTeam1 and g_siegeTeam2 cvars. They are a little unintuitive, so I shall explain:

This is from the default siege_korriban.siege:
Teams
{
team1 @SIEGE_KORR_TEAM1_LIGHTJEDI
team2 @SIEGE_KORR_TEAM2_DARKJEDI
}

It would appear that the g_siegeTeam cvars should be the first of the paired values in this block, e.g. team1, team2 (and on to team3 and team4 for custom values). This is NOT correct.

If g_siegeTeam1 is set to the default ("none"), then the game will look for the text paired with team1 in the Teams block, in this case @SIEGE_KORR_TEAM1_LIGHTJEDI. It then looks through the .siege file to find a block headed by @SIEGE_KORR_TEAM1_LIGHTJEDI to define the first team.

The @ sign in front of the string means that when it is displayed in game as the name of the team, it is replaced by another string paired with it in a .str file under strings/<language>/.

If g_siegeTeam1 is not default, the Teams block is skipped entirely. The game searches through the .siege file for the value of g_siegeTeam1, and uses that to define the first team. For this mod, we use a value of Armed-Jedi for g_siegeTeam1, which will search for the block Armed-Jedi. That it does not have a preceding @ sign means that it displays as Armed-Jedi in game.
 Alegis
03-12-2004, 1:42 PM
i ranked this one high on pcgm, it's definitely a very nice change since i hate korriban. I'l definitely keep this one in mind!
 Kurgan
03-15-2004, 7:52 PM
The big question is... IS IT BALANCED?
Page: 1 of 1