Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ooh no :(

Page: 1 of 1
 ReVarre
03-09-2004, 10:00 AM
I got a prob... Few days ago my cd2 broke up it's to scratchy to read from... If i put a copy of the cd2 backupped... Would it install correctly... I have orginal cd 1 and all i know is it reads from that one when i play online... So the cd2 must be original 2... cause i get a error if not... saying couldn't install assets1... :(
 GothiX
03-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Go back to the store where you bought it, showing the original box and CD's, you might be able to get a new CD.
 ReVarre
03-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Well it's sure the only way... But it's not their fault i scratched the cd... I live in sweden... Swedish people huh... They don't care that much... :( **Hopes**
 Crow_Nest
03-09-2004, 10:27 AM
JA should ccome with a 3 months warrenty, which is about 90 days after purchase, so if you just bought it you can get a new copy if you fill up that warrenty card.

OR

Amadalia said someone contacted lucasarts and replaced her disk for $5, so contact them and get your answer.

www.lucasarts.com)
 ReVarre
03-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Well sounds good for me... I got the game over 3 months i think... Hopes not :)

Thanx for h3lp1ng
 Tosh_UK
03-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
JA should ccome with a 3 months warrenty, which is about 90 days after purchase, so if you just bought it you can get a new copy if you fill up that warrenty card.

OR

Amadalia said someone contacted lucasarts and replaced her disk for $5, so contact them and get your answer.

www.lucasarts.com)

Got me copy from ebay Ј2 (3 in total after postage)
 Prime
03-09-2004, 2:53 PM
JA has dropped in price anyway, so you may just be able to buy a new copy pretty cheap...
 shukrallah
03-09-2004, 9:48 PM
Read your game manuel, it says you can get replacement CDs for $5.00, you just have to send the original CD to them :rolleyes:
 sup3rsnail
03-09-2004, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by ReVarre
I got a prob... Few days ago my cd2 broke up it's to scratchy to read from... If i put a copy of the cd2 backupped... Would it install correctly... I have orginal cd 1 and all i know is it reads from that one when i play online... So the cd2 must be original 2... cause i get a error if not... saying couldn't install assets1... :(
...Buy the game.
 Kurgan
03-10-2004, 7:39 PM
Most places around here for (at most) $10 you can get a cd cleaning kit.

The scratch repair kit can make even some of the scratchiest cd's/dvd's playable again if you do it right and carefully follow the directions.

Trust me on this NOBODY HERE (under penalty of bannage) is going to send you their assets files NOR will they provide you with a link to download a "warez" version of the game to replace your supposedly missing CD.

Sorry, but you've seen the options above. If you can't repair it yourself, or return it to the store or avail yourself of the warranty, well, sorry, we can't help you.

Be more careful next time (and make your own legal backups and put them in a safe place in the future).
 acdcfanbill
03-15-2004, 4:11 PM
Just to throw my two cents in, i do believe that CD2 doesnt contain the securom copy protection that CD1 does. Tho i think you can legally backup either CD with the correct programs. If you had already made a backup, try using it. I normally use backups all the time while keeping the originals safely in their cases :)
Page: 1 of 1