Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anger against RPGers, but where are they?

Page: 1 of 1
 AIVAS
02-29-2004, 7:07 AM
I'll admit it, I'm not an honourz nub, but I AM a roleplayer, I hear all kinds of angry stuff against roleplayers, but I haven't even FOUND any roleplayers other than myself.

So are people confusing RPG with Honourz? or is there a secret cult I don't know about but want to join? ;)
 Druid Allanon
02-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AIVAS
I'll admit it, I'm not an honourz nub, but I AM a roleplayer, I hear all kinds of angry stuff against roleplayers, but I haven't even FOUND any roleplayers other than myself.

So are people confusing RPG with Honourz? or is there a secret cult I don't know about but want to join? ;)

There's not much difference between the two.

RPG - No desire to play, just stand there and talk like people you want to model as.

Honourz - No desire to fight(but occasional FFA/dueling). Standing around, and talking too.
 Kurgan
02-29-2004, 1:30 PM
I'm not so much annoyed at the Role Players (who keep to themselves mostly) it's the "honor n00bs" as they are commonly called.

The people who apply pseudo RPG rules to combat or make up rules as they go along. In general they just seem to be sore losers or people who want to control everything on a server to go their own way.

I wouldn't care at all really what they have to say, it's just that they seem to be so numerous and powerful (thus able to callvote/kick in mobs and overrun servers or have servers of their own where they lord it over people who join with rules).

These are the folks that snap up admin mods as a way to "punish" people who don't agree with their made up rules.

Sure if it's their server it's their thing, but it seems that there's far too many of these "copycat" servers around, where it's just a powertrip by the admin to make his server a clubhouse for "honor" or something.

Hey, as long as no-rules servers exist I won't quit the game 'cause I can play the way I want to there without fear of being banned.
 AIVAS
02-29-2004, 5:35 PM
Druid allanon, I've seen honourz, they are nothing like RPG, so please, be quiet until you find some RPGers.

Kurgan, I agree, but what I'm looking for, is not honourz, I'm looking for servers where people actually ROLEPLAY.
 Pnut_Man
03-01-2004, 1:58 AM
Feel a bit lame posting this, mainly because I could send a PM (though they haven't been working for me lately...), but yeah...

www.jediofoldcode.com)
A dedicated server is operated for the clan. We try to keep roleplaying going on all the time, so if you want to become a guest and gain access to the server, you should be able to roleplay whenever you feel like it...
 -=DarkZero=-
03-01-2004, 4:13 AM
I believe RPing died with JO. You don't see much of it happen any more with JA. Me and my friend, although, still Role Play Together, so you're not alone, but it gets kind of boring, and when we get bored, we fiddle around racing, or jousting, or fighting rancors, which is fun. It's time to move away From RPing, we have to let it die.
 AIVAS
03-01-2004, 4:48 AM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
Feel a bit lame posting this, mainly because I could send a PM (though they haven't been working for me lately...), but yeah...

www.jediofoldcode.com)
A dedicated server is operated for the clan. We try to keep roleplaying going on all the time, so if you want to become a guest and gain access to the server, you should be able to roleplay whenever you feel like it...
Uhm, sounds great, but I can't seem to find the server, could you post the IP?
 Druid Bremen
03-01-2004, 5:23 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I'm not so much annoyed at the Role Players (who keep to themselves mostly) it's the "honor n00bs" as they are commonly called.

The people who apply pseudo RPG rules to combat or make up rules as they go along. In general they just seem to be sore losers or people who want to control everything on a server to go their own way.

I wouldn't care at all really what they have to say, it's just that they seem to be so numerous and powerful (thus able to callvote/kick in mobs and overrun servers or have servers of their own where they lord it over people who join with rules).

These are the folks that snap up admin mods as a way to "punish" people who don't agree with their made up rules.

Sure if it's their server it's their thing, but it seems that there's far too many of these "copycat" servers around, where it's just a powertrip by the admin to make his server a clubhouse for "honor" or something.

Hey, as long as no-rules servers exist I won't quit the game 'cause I can play the way I want to there without fear of being banned.

How about those no-rules people who like to go into honourz servers, and lame, even though the rules state the opposite?
 -=DarkZero=-
03-01-2004, 5:59 AM
JA, and JO, were both ment to be like FPS's, such as Quake 3, you know? Then people come along and create Rping, and what really get's annoying is when people start saying lamer and stuff, it's real stupid. I can't say, I've never heard lamer once in quake 3 now, because it has happened, and I almost pissed myself laughing, but If JA were just an FPS like quake 3, I'm pretty sure it would be better, I mean, the Zone is where most of the RPer's hang out, but they don't have the zone for JA, odd?
 A Jedi
03-01-2004, 6:48 AM
Actually the people that follow that made up honor code are the most coward gayass players in this game.

I prefer a player that fights a whole legion of cowards, than someone that pretends to be good but will stab u in the back when he gets the chance.
 Rumor
03-01-2004, 7:55 AM
Druid allanon, I've seen honourz, they are nothing like RPG, so please, be quiet until you find some RPGers.

Kurgan, I agree, but what I'm looking for, is not honourz, I'm looking for servers where people actually ROLEPLAY.

rpgers is the term used for honourz fags.

ROLEPLAYERS is used for those who actually ROLE PLAY.
 Druid Allanon
03-01-2004, 8:09 AM

You don't know what you are talking about. I was an honorz player once, I've seen my fair share of RPG players AND honourz players. Both have absolutely no desire to fight, with the latter only occasionally dueling and FFAing.

Yeah, truth to say, I don't mind the whining at all. In fact, the whiners always never fail to make me laugh. As for them calling the kick vote thing, I'll usually use my 'I DID NOT LAME :(' bind, and there are some people who ended up voting no for me. Sounds kinda lame, but it works for me. I can't stop laughing everytime I press that bind. Even if you do get kicked by a kick vote, you can still come back(under a different nick).
 AIVAS
03-01-2004, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by Druid Allanon
Even if you do get kicked by a kick vote, you can still come back(under a different nick).
3 Words: IP Banning :D
 Kurgan
03-01-2004, 4:10 PM
How about those no-rules people who like to go into honourz servers, and lame, even though the rules state the opposite?

They are far FAR outnumbered by the "honourz" people who invade no rule servers and pubs to try to enforce their gameplay preferences upon others.

There's really no comparison. Besides, the "no rules" people are using the game how it was intended by Raven/LucasArts.
 Prime
03-01-2004, 5:00 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
There's really no comparison. Besides, the "no rules" people are using the game how it was intended by Raven/LucasArts. Exactly. If roleplayers want to play on their own servers, fine. But trying to enforce universal rules that contradict the spirit of the game is just silly.
 _PerfectAgent_
03-01-2004, 10:43 PM
If someone has a dynamic IP or a router, the "ban" lasts as long as the banee chooses. :D
 Rad Blackrose
03-02-2004, 4:02 AM

Two words:

"Reset button"
 Druid Allanon
03-02-2004, 7:56 AM

If an admin was there, they would have banned me already, instead of taking the trouble to call a kick vote.
 Rumor
03-02-2004, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
Two words:

"Reset button"

One word:

ditto.
 A Jedi
03-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_
If someone has a dynamic IP or a router, the "ban" lasts as long as the banee chooses. :D

ya like me :D muahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahhahahaha :smirk2: :vamp1:
 AIVAS
03-03-2004, 1:22 AM
Originally posted by A Jedi
ya like me :D muahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahhahahaha :smirk2: :vamp1:

And THIS is why we have amlaming mods, to make people REGRET not following the rules that a server has set, whether or not 12 year olds get their power rush from it, they were made with a noble cause.

/ambreakarm A jedi
 _PerfectAgent_
03-03-2004, 1:25 AM
But most of the time, those commands are used by power trip admins. But of course it's much easier to make a no rules server! :D
 AIVAS
03-03-2004, 1:37 AM
Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_
But most of the time, those commands are used by power trip admins. But of course it's much easier to make a no rules server! :D

Yes, but what I'm saying is that whether or not they are misused, they had a noble purpose originally, but lets get back to topic now, shall we?
 Cosmos Jack
03-03-2004, 3:10 AM
Yes, but what I'm saying is that whether or not they are misused, they had a noble purpose originally, but lets get back to topic now, shall we?

The point is this. If you want to Role play than you have three choices.

1. A one time purchase of "Knights Of The Old Republic." A really good single player RPG.

2. The costly choice of buying and subscribing to "Star Wars Galaxies." A rather buggy game with it's ups and downs, but it is a pure RPG with all the buddies you could want.

3. You can run around on JKA servers RPGing your hearts content as a "TARGET." While people take pot shots at you, force push you off cliffs, and choke you to death. Why? because it's a FPS not a RPG. The only difference between JKA and any other FPS like "UNREAL" or "QUAKE" is it is set in the Star Wars universe.

Now excuse me everyone I'm going to go role play on a Quake III Team Arena server. :rolleyes:

If you want to RP than buy a RPG not a FPS.:o
 AIVAS
03-03-2004, 4:00 AM
Originally posted by Cosmos Jack
The point is this. If you want to Role play than you have three choices.

1. A one time purchase of "Knights Of The Old Republic." A really good single player RPG.

2. The costly choice of buying and subscribing to "Star Wars Galaxies." A rather buggy game with it's ups and downs, but it is a pure RPG with all the buddies you could want.

3. You can run around on JKA servers RPGing your hearts content as a "TARGET." While people take pot shots at you, force push you off cliffs, and choke you to death. Why? because it's a FPS not a RPG. The only difference between JKA and any other FPS like "UNREAL" or "QUAKE" is it is set in the Star Wars universe.

Now excuse me everyone I'm going to go role play on a Quake III Team Arena server. :rolleyes:

If you want to RP than buy a RPG not a FPS.:o
I bought the game so it's MY choice what I do with it, and the main point of this topic is that there ARE roleplayers in this game, but WHERE are they? Not whether it's right or wrong to roleplay in this game
 A Jedi
03-03-2004, 5:01 AM
/ambreakarm A jedi
disconnect
set name "Fitter Happier"
reconnect
seek and destroy AIVAS
say OMFG U GOT PWNED N00B
disconnect
 acdcfanbill
03-03-2004, 6:12 AM
Two words:

Prom Queen..... Material :o

anyway, i remimber the RPG from JK1, Barons Hed and um, that one island map i forget, anyway, they were cool back then, kept to themselves, but i think its the fact that rpg-ish ideals tend to dominate 90% of online play that has more than a few people irked :)
 Rad Blackrose
03-03-2004, 6:22 AM
Originally posted by A Jedi
disconnect
set name "Fitter Happier"
reconnect
seek and destroy AIVAS
say OMFG U GOT PWNED N00B
disconnect

I could be really nasty and blow some of my secrets in the process... Nah.

So just for reiteration...

Prom Queen..... Material
 txa1265
03-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
anyway, i remimber the RPG from JK1, Barons Hed and um, that one island map i forget, anyway, they were cool back then, kept to themselves, but i think its the fact that rpg-ish ideals tend to dominate 90% of online play that has more than a few people irked :) 90%? I don't find that. I don't tend to have 'favorite' servers, as I don't play MP much. But when I do, I want to fight - duel, FFA, (Jedi Master or Holo FFA from JKII) or Siege. And while I occasionally see people in non-fight scenarios, I just leave. On a duel server I will bow if others do, but don't really care one way or the other.

I love RPGs, and when I play SP I massively RP. MP for me is about two things - slash and boom. If I'm not slashing someone with my saber or blowing them up, I'm finding another server.

Mike
 AIVAS
03-03-2004, 5:01 PM
For me, MP is the only way to roleplay, what are you going to tell a jedi hacking your enemy when you wanted him to hold back?

Intereactive is the only way to rp, for me.
 Cosmos Jack
03-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I bought the game so it's MY choice what I do with it, and the main point of this topic is that there ARE roleplayers in this game, but WHERE are they? Not whether it's right or wrong to roleplay in this game Oh really? Well you're not looking hard enough.

Why don't you make your own server and call it "RPGers Only." It will do allot for the gaming community by calling them out of regular servers "the few that there are" and in to a RPG one.

So all the people that like playing the game the way it is suppose to be played can do without hearing "you lamer" "Jack's a lamer" He shot me while I was sabering a dead body someone else killed, because I just want to RP and nobody else does.

Like I said before if you are having trouble finding people to RP with maybe it's, because it is not a RPG.:confused:
 Druid Allanon
03-04-2004, 5:58 AM
Originally posted by Cosmos Jack
Oh really? Well you're not looking hard enough.

Why don't you make your own server and call it "RPGers Only." It will do allot for the gaming community by calling them out of regular servers "the few that there are" and in to a RPG one.

So all the people that like playing the game the way it is suppose to be played can do without hearing "you lamer" "Jack's a lamer" He shot me while I was sabering a dead body someone else killed, because I just want to RP and nobody else does.

Like I said before if you are having trouble finding people to RP with maybe it's, because it is not a RPG.:confused:

Whining is what keeps me laming... whiners are hilarious! :)
 Cosmos Jack
03-04-2004, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Druid Allanon
Whining is what keeps me laming... whiners are hilarious! :)
I was wondering through the e-net today and ran across this page. Some of the questions on the quiz sound like things people in JKA do. The odd thing though that the definition of lamer in counter strike seems to be the person crying lamer in JKA.:rolleyes:

How to know if you are a Counter Strike lamer?
http://www.geocities.com/pyros_82/cslamer.htm)

Anyone want to help me make a quiz for JK?:D
 Prime
03-04-2004, 2:51 PM
I bought the game so it's MY choice what I do with it So that means that other players have just as much right to go to RPG servers and frag everyone?
 txa1265
03-04-2004, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Prime
So that means that other players have just as much right to go to RPG servers and frag everyone? Yes - of course they do.

And since it is their game *and* their server, admins have the right to boot someone because they don't like their choice of name, avatar or taunt ... or even the color of their saber.

It is a *choice* to follow the standing rules. Just as it is a choice of someone to say 'this is my car, I'll drive it how I choose' - fine, until the car gets taken away because you don't choose to obey the rules of the road. It was still your choice.

Mike
 Cosmos Jack
03-04-2004, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Prime
So that means that other players have just as much right to go to RPG servers and frag everyone? dido
Page: 1 of 1