Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Siege Destroyer commands

Page: 1 of 1
 Pitfall
02-27-2004, 4:16 PM
Hello everyone, I am looking for a little help with the Keyboard commands for the new Siege Destroyer map. I was on a server when I heard people talking about ways to get a "lock" on a target, hover, or use breaks and some other fuctions other then stearing and chasing, free aiming, and shooting at targets.

Can anyone tell me how these things are done? Or how I can determine all the available commands for that map?

Thanks alot!
 Lightning
02-27-2004, 4:24 PM
Try the Guide to Seige_destroyer (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=123794) i think all you need to know is in there.
 Pitfall
02-27-2004, 4:44 PM
Thanks that helped alot! Only thing missing is the way to obtain a lock on a target. Ill ask there.
 Kurgan
02-27-2004, 6:23 PM
It's done the same exact way you lock on with the Merr Sonn weapon.

Hold Secondary fire and move your crosshair onto an enemy target. The red circle forms, release!

Only works for ships that HAVE missiles of course.
 Andy867
02-28-2004, 1:12 AM
Yea, X-Wing and TIE Bomber are the only ones in SIEGE that can lock on, the Z-95 has missiles, but they are fast-moving dumbfire(straight) missiles which are good if going head-to-head or you are sure you can nail someone from behind or the sides.
 Crow_Nest
02-28-2004, 1:05 PM
Err.... I have a question, what does the "red" circle infront of the enemy ship mean?
 Manquesa
02-28-2004, 1:12 PM
It's called a lead target indicator. It's there to assist in aiming at enemy vehicles when they're moving. Theorietically if you aim at the circle instead of the actual ship you have a better chance of hitting the ship. I don't think it's 100 percent accurate though.
 Crow_Nest
02-28-2004, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Manquesa
It's called a lead target indicator. It's there to assist in aiming at enemy vehicles when they're moving. Theorietically if you aim at the circle instead of the actual ship you have a better chance of hitting the ship. I don't think it's 100 percent accurate though.

Oks thx for the info. :)
 Kurgan
02-28-2004, 2:20 PM
A complete "red circle" means a 'lock on'. If you release the missile right away (ie: not a split second before or after the circle forms) the missile will head towards the target and "track" them.

Without a lock on, the missile becomes the same as a "dumbfire" missile pretty much.

Of course in Space based combat it's still possible to dodge this if you're moving rapidly toward them since the missle may release the instant they're out of range and not track them.

Likewise you can still dodge a homed missile in a normal FFA game since you can dodge around a corner so the missile hits the wall or gets pushed back.

But in Space based combat you're inside vehicle so you can't use the Force and unless you can dodge behind an asteroids or another ship, you're in deep trouble if you don't dodge it instantly like in the first example. Even a shielded ship can't survive a missile hit.

I can't remember if you lock on and then die if your missile will continue to track (assuming you fired it after you died) and give you credit for the kill. Maybe Andy or Manq remembers...
 Crow_Nest
02-28-2004, 2:33 PM
Theres something wrong with the lock on, i dont see the red circle like the rocket launcher on my target even while im holding the altfire mouse button.
 Kurgan
02-28-2004, 5:40 PM
Hmm, sometimes its just hard to get it especially on a moving target when there's lag/framerate problems.

Test it by having somebody slow down in front of you and then try to lock on (or turn on friendly fire g_friendlyfire 1 and then you can try locking on to people in your own hangar).
 Lightning
02-28-2004, 6:08 PM
They made it all most imposible to lock on in the destroyer map btw. So that could be your problem.;)
 Manquesa
02-28-2004, 6:31 PM
keep in mind that only ships with lockable missiles can lock on. TH Z-95 cannot lock on! It's hard to lock on if a ship is moving fast unless your chasing right behind em. Also, the further away the enemy is, the harder it is to see the red circle. I made a suggestion to replace the reticle with the red circle instead of having it appear on the ship that could be far away, so it would be easier to see it. I was told it would be possible but it must have been forgotten about because it was never implemented. It probably never will since we're now looking to release Asteroids as soon as possible. But hey, maybe we can include that in future releases of other projects.
 Pitfall
02-28-2004, 7:45 PM
That little red circle really is little! Goes fast too hard to time. Better off just trying to get on their tails and blast away!
 Crow_Nest
02-29-2004, 4:24 AM
Originally posted by Manquesa
keep in mind that only ships with lockable missiles can lock on. TH Z-95 cannot lock on!

Heh. No wonder i cant lock on. :D
Page: 1 of 1