Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom NPC Attributes

Page: 1 of 1
 Shao_X
02-25-2004, 5:32 AM
Using an NPC tool, such as this one (http://www.jk3files.com/file.info?ID=22553), how would I make a droid NPC such as R2-D2 or C3P0 that walks around like in SP instead of just standing still? How do I give an NPC those attributes? Even if someone knows how to do it without using the NPC tool, can you let me know?
 ronbrothers
03-03-2004, 5:43 AM
It's my understanding that it takes more than just the npc file to "motivate" a droid npc to move around. I think it is scripted in.
 Prime
03-08-2004, 7:39 PM
Actually, in JA you can just to it with an NPC file. Set the playerteam to "player" and the enemyteam to "neutral" IIRC. That way the droid follows the player around like other allied NPCs but doesn't attack anything.

I did it myself a while ago and it was quite simple if memory serves...
 GothiX
03-08-2004, 7:43 PM
For walking around through a room, you'll need to script him, though.
 Shao_X
03-14-2004, 8:25 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Actually, in JA you can just to it with an NPC file. Set the playerteam to "player" and the enemyteam to "neutral" IIRC. That way the droid follows the player around like other allied NPCs but doesn't attack anything.

I did it myself a while ago and it was quite simple if memory serves...

I don't think "team_player" NPCs follow you in Multiplayer.
Page: 1 of 1