Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 2 of 25
 tk102
03-12-2004, 5:26 PM
v1.3.1 released

Patched a bug that disallowed force powers from being added to NPCs who got a jedi class addition.

Note: If you add a jedi class to an NPC, you must still add one force power -- that bug hasn't been fixed yet. If you don't the game will crash if you open up that NPC's 'Powers' menu.

Edit: I've got Canderous running around as a Soldier/Guardian using 'Fear' on Hulak Wraids.
 tk102
03-13-2004, 6:36 AM
v1.3.2 released

Patched a bug that disallowed force powers from being removed from NPCs who got a jedi class addition.

T7 or anyone else, I'd like to hear whether or not your savegames remain legit after multiclassing. Just be sure to keep a 1-force power minimum on jedi classes.
 Goran
03-13-2004, 7:29 AM
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty
Hold up a sec Goran,

We weren't saying that the romance mod broke anything.

The problem is if you use KSE to hack your save game and actually set yourself to be both genders - which while similar, is NOT what the romance mod does - breaks the game.

Well, it doesn't "break" it, but it causes a problem in some places.. the first of which being between the Endar Spire and Taris.

It will also happen if you use the editor to make your ORIGINAL class anything but the 3 you can choose at character creation.

I know the problem is in a check in a script someplace.. the trouble is figuring out a way around it, since most of them aren't available as source - just compiled versions. =/

-Kitty

Some where I missed a paragraph. Must not have had my coffee yet or something lol.

I meant to say that, to by pass the gender prob, I was using an outside gender mod.

I haven't tinkered with the NPC non Jedi's as far as powers go.
But I did give everyone in the group all feats possible.
I am gonna run through it again with the new editor, and see if i can have the full party as Jedi's.

All though I did not give my non jedi's any jedi powers, I did use the editor on all the Jedi's, including my main char once I got trained as a guardian, to give them all the powers possible, and completed both light and dark sides with no ill effect.

Has anyone tried this editor out yet?
Can I get Jedi powers at the very begining, with out having to worry about the cut scene?

and BTW if I haven't said it before TK, I appreciate all the hard work and effort you have put into this.
 njcboy
03-13-2004, 7:44 AM
Hi,

Is the "Master Flurry" in the feats list? I just couldn't find it.
 Jackel
03-13-2004, 8:43 AM
on the feat list the second to last feat is called "whirlwind attack (master flurry)" this is what its named as , no idea why but hey add that and you have your feat added
 tk102
03-13-2004, 3:36 PM
The cutscenes still get you stuck entering and leaving Taris. The problem is buried in the compiled scripts for the cutscenes.

(Was able to contact Lil' Jawa by email though and asked him to take a peek at the problem in his spare time.)
 Goran
03-13-2004, 3:54 PM
Forums slowing down again,

Well, I guess I can just use the padawan mod for the time being.

Everything else on the editor works fine.

So no complaints here.

Good Job man.
 Helodermatid
03-13-2004, 8:11 PM
I think I know what causes the problem where if you're not a male/female and you're not one of the three normal starting classes you won't be able to complete the endar spire->taris cutscene successfully.

In the module STUNT_00 there is a cut00_convers.dlg. Each of the starting entries for this file has a startingconditionals script associated with them. The scripts that fire are:

k_small.ncs for male scoundrel
k_small_female.ncs for female scout
k_medium.ncs for male scout
k_medium_female.ncs for female soldier
k_tall.ncs for male soldier
k_tiny.ncs for female scoundrel

If you're not one of the above combination, then the conversation will proceed no longer (and you're stuck in the cutscene). This conversation eventually calls k_ren_visionland which loads tarm02af module.

One fix for this is to add a starting entrylist to this dlg file which has no script associated with it (blank "active" field). This way, you can get pass the cutscene regardless of your combination.

Now, if you do this, you'll run into another similar problem. In the module tarm02af (Taris apartment) there is a tar02_carth022.dlg file that also contain class/gender check. This is found in the third ReplyList's EntriesList field. The associated scripts this time are:

k_pend_bedtall.ncs for male soldier
k_pend_bedmed.ncs for male scout or female soldier
k_pend_bedsml.ncs for male scoundrel or female scout
k_pend_bedtiny.ncs for female scoundrel

Again, if you edit this .dlg file and add another entry with no script in the active field, you would be able to get pass this dialog.

I stopped testing at this point, but there may be other cutscenes dialog file that you need to edit if you want to play through with a nonstandard class/gender combination.
 tk102
03-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Great freaking detective work H!

:rock: :sheepdanc :cowdance
:guitar2 :band1 :lock: :sbdance

Question --
I'm looking at the cut00_convers.dlg file right now. I see the StartingList and the CResRefs listed in it. My question is: How does swkotor.exe define k_tall, etc.? If that could be fooled or defaulted, then the problem would be solved without having to remove the StartingList altogether.
 Helodermatid
03-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Wow what band is that, tk102? ;)

You actually don't delete the startinglist entries. Just add one more (for cut00_convers.dlg that would be #6) and for the active field, leave that blank. That would then be the default. For the Index DWORD, just put any valid entries, say 2. That might screwed up the cut scene a little but that wouldn't be a big problem.

k_tall returns true if the PC is a male soldier, false otherwise. If k_tall is true then StartList entry 0 will fire, calling EntryList 10 (read from Index field) , which then calls ReplyList 10(read from EntryList 10->RepliesList ->Index field), which then runs k_ren_visionland (read from ReplyList 10->Script) [and also calls EntryLists 11 and so on].

Your suggestion also works: if we remove k_tall from the active field of StartList 0 then this branch will fire if all other branch's ACTIVE field script returns false. This should also solve the problem.

Hope this makes sense
 tk102
03-14-2004, 3:27 AM
Thank you for explaining that so well. When I get a little time, I'll package the modified .dlg files with KSE and hopefully that will be that.

P.S. That's my band from college. I'm that electric bass player.
 tk102
03-14-2004, 5:47 PM
Fixed dialogs are now available. I've bundled them with KSE.zip file, but you can also download them separately here (http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/kotor/cutscene_dlgs.zip).
 tk102
03-16-2004, 7:57 PM
v1.3.3 releasd

Found and eliminated a pesky bug that caused KSE to close when opening up a savegame near the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

(For those who care: It was due to a case sensitivity issue -- the savenfo.res referred to the lastmodule as "Danm13" while the savegame.sav stored it as "danm13".)
 Goran
03-17-2004, 5:07 AM
Using the Padawan Mod and the Both gender mod is fantastic with this editor.
I have already run through it Lightside and Darkside.

With the editor I am able to give everyone in my party Force powers, and I do mean all the force powers, not to mention feats. It's freaking awesome.

I can boost or lower my stats to make it easier or harder.

Great Job Man!!!

Best Savegame editor I have ever played around with!!!

I bosted all my team mates stats so high, that I almost had a neverending battle on the temple summit when I went over the darkside. It was fantastic. Took me an hour to defeat Jolee and Juhani lol. Mainly cause I was letting auto attack do all the work.
 darth makaan
03-17-2004, 5:15 AM
hey tk102 will there be one that will replace or add items?
 CrackTek
03-19-2004, 7:41 PM
Awesome Editor tk... One thing I'm having a problem with is HP and FP for the main character. They aren't taking in the new values.

I also am wondering if you'll be adding inventory hack to this as well. Keep up the good work!! :)
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-20-2004, 2:29 PM
What do you mean by "make your PC or NPC immortal"? :confused:
 tk102
03-20-2004, 5:49 PM
Darth Makaan, CrackTek:
No plans right now to do any inventory stuff with KSE.

Tianhou_Zhong: Try out the Min1HP setting and you tell me.
:)

See gameunlimited's contribution to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1474498#post1474498) thread.
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Is that mean you can make your self and your NPC invincible(God Mod)? Because on the Endar Spire the Min1HP setting was on by it self. And when I am on taris, The Min1HP setting was off by it self!
 tk102
03-20-2004, 11:54 PM
More like you can't die. Your minimum hitpoints become 1 (alive barely) instead of 0 (dead/unconscious). So it's not the same as the invulnerability cheat.

I think it's used for things like the Juhani fight, the Bastilla fight, etc. where the game doesn't let you kill the opponent in order to further the plot.
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh :p ! Thanks a lot TK! Your Savegame Editor better and better!!! :)
 darth makaan
03-22-2004, 6:07 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Darth Makaan, CrackTek:
No plans right now to do any inventory stuff with KSE.

Tianhou_Zhong: Try out the Min1HP setting and you tell me.
:)

See gameunlimited's contribution to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1474498#post1474498) thread.

is it at least possible?
 CrackTek
03-22-2004, 5:39 PM
I was still just wondering if anyone else is having issues with giving say your Fresh new lvl 1 Charater say 200 HP to start with and then starting the game and s/he doesn't have said 200 HP's? I have been trying to figure this out. Anyone else having this problem or am I just a morron and I'm doing something wrong? :)
 tk102
03-22-2004, 8:53 PM
Sorry about that -- I meant to update the readme. Max Hit Points and Max Force Points are recalculated by swkotor.exe upon loading, despite your edits.

http://sithres.board.dk3.com/2/viewtopic.php?p=207#207)
 Weiser_Cain
03-23-2004, 2:04 AM
Hmm that gives me a good idea for a mod. A new feat that adds a multiplyer to your force points...
 Jackel
03-23-2004, 2:49 AM
Waiser : what about just modifying the force sensitive feat that you get when you become a jedi and make it say 100 FP's rather then 40 (not sure what file it would be in or what to edit or id do it myself...) and supply it to the other jedi in your party from the get go so that they have it when you find them , this would require adding the p_bastilla etc files to the DL but thats easily done
 Weiser_Cain
03-23-2004, 3:33 AM
Because that would really unbalance the game. Now that I think of it, it would be nice to make this a dark force feat that takes points fron your constitution and or strength and adds them to the base multiplier...

Again now that I'm warmed-up. How feasible would it be to add a dark force point penalty to using dark force powers?
 Ossian
03-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I've tried to modify my Max Force Points without effect.
Is it a bug?
There is a way to change the Force pool?
 tk102
03-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Look about 4-5 posts above yours.
 darth makaan
03-29-2004, 6:10 AM
i still don't get it. max fp can't be modified but fp can?
 Ossian
03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Got it :(
However i have spotted a problem.
When i give my character a Jedi class instead of a normal class
(1st level Jedi Guardian istead of 1st level Soldier)
the Force point are not added.
So at the 20th level the real force pool is the one of a 19th level character!
Is there a way to modify this? :jedijawa:
 tk102
03-29-2004, 2:14 PM
dm: That's right. Your MFP and MHP, even though stored in the savegame, are not used directly upon game loading. They are calculated from your Attributes and any modifying items in your inventory and level. Meanwhile, your FP and HP are restored from the stored savegame values. However, they cannot exceed the MFP and MHP. (Try saving a game when your force or health is depleted and try editing your HP or FP back to MHP and MFP.)

Ossian: Although the savegame editor does not show MFP/FP when you add a Jedi class to a character that doesn't have it, upon load and saving that game, you will have MFP and FP. However, remember that you won't automatically have the Feat "Force Sensitivity" which grants you that additional 40 FP off the bat. But you can use the savegame editor to add that. So basically, the game will figure out your MFP and MHP for whatever level you are upon *loading* the game, not at level up. So you're okay.
 Ossian
03-29-2004, 2:50 PM
You're right, but only if you add a class to a character.
I have replaced my original class with a jedi one (for the joy of having a 20th level jedi :D ).
My character has 10 CHA & 12 WIS so he got a +1 to his force points, but at the 20th level he had a total of 135 force points (4*19 + 40).
I have tried to generate a new character as a 1st level jedi guardian, but the HP (6) and FP (0) was the ones of the previous class (a scoundrel in this case).
 tk102
03-29-2004, 2:56 PM
Really? Hmm. Bummer...:)
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-29-2004, 7:07 PM
tk, you should make your Savegame Editor can add/remove your party members. And you should make another file that is not self installing (Like Zip File) for the Savegame Editor.
 tk102
03-29-2004, 7:27 PM
TZ -- adding and removing party members would very likely screw up your game. It's safer to do that with scripting methinks.

-- Zip file is preferred? And to think that I was trying to make it easier... since there are custom dialogs that need to be put in the right folder and all. I'm pretty limited on webspace so it's either one or the other or I'll need to take down some other files.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have KSE check the Override folder for spells.2da and use it if present.
 tk102
03-30-2004, 6:21 AM
Version 1.4.0 released

Will now read spells.2da if it exists in the Override folder. This allows custom spells to be added to the PC and NPCs.

Follow the link in my sig.

(Oh yeah -- reverted back to .zip format for you TZ...)
 darth makaan
03-30-2004, 7:19 AM
big bug or something. it restarts my puter while i'm editing force powers or feats or anything then it gives me a "windows has recovered from from a serious error" message when it finishes rebooting. is this normal? i'm using winxp pro btw
 Ossian
03-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Is there a way to modify the information on the character that the game takes?
 tk102
03-30-2004, 1:12 PM
dm - Seriously? That's repeatable? Okay I'll assume so -- try your download again -- v1.4.1 has been uploaded. I tried to simplify some memory handling. There's really not much that's different between 1.4.0 and 1.3.3.

Looking for some feedback here -- anybody?

Ossian - :confused: I don't know what you mean exactly.
 darth makaan
03-30-2004, 9:39 PM
i'm downloading it now. i'll let ya know. with 1.3.3 it did it 6 times while editing them
 tk102
03-30-2004, 9:45 PM
Try creating a log file. Just create a new text document in the same folder as KSE and rename the document 'kse.log'. If the behavior continues, that will be the first thing I'll ask for.
 darth makaan
03-30-2004, 10:12 PM
ok will do
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Can you sent me an EXE file of it? I'll upload it and give you the link. Thanks!

E-Mail: zhongtianhou@earthlink.net
 tk102
03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm already hosting it. Click on my sig.
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
I mean EXE file. :p
 Alfrauk
03-30-2004, 11:48 PM
That thing Darth Makaan was talking about has happened to me when using version 3.1. Thats why I dont use it anymore.
 tk102
03-31-2004, 12:43 AM
I assume you mean 1.3.0. So it actually rebooted your computer or did it just terminate the program?

In 1.3.3 a bug was fixed that caused the program to terminate abnormally when opening up a savegame that was saved at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

I wish these problems would manifest themselves on Windows 2000 (my OS) so I could troubleshoot them before they get released. Who knew XP was so finicky?

Still waiting for feedback on v1.4.1.
 Alfrauk
03-31-2004, 1:20 AM
It actually rebooted my computer.
 tk102
03-31-2004, 2:16 AM
<shrug>
That's too bad.

This is the first I've heard of it. I guess it's not for the feint of heart. :cool:
Page: 2 of 25