Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yoda and Obi's death

Page: 1 of 1
 Xizor's killer
02-14-2004, 1:30 PM
I've came up with a solution on there deaths and why they dissapeared but Qui Gon didn't had they became one with the force? If so then they would dissapear wouldn't they. And with Qui gons death that was out of unfair play so he would have to slowly pass into the force. Whaddya think?
 Skinkie
02-15-2004, 3:27 AM
The secrets of this mystery are said to be revealed in Episode III. Wait thill then and we'll know for sure... hopefully.
 Xizor's killer
02-15-2004, 5:32 AM
Yeah but it's a year away :mad: :(
 dark jedi 8
02-15-2004, 12:36 PM
you could always freeze yourself in carbonite.:cool:
 Xizor's killer
02-16-2004, 7:22 AM
Brilliant!
 Jedi Luke
02-16-2004, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by Skinkie
The secrets of this mystery are said to be revealed in Episode III. Wait thill then and we'll know for sure... hopefully.

Yeah I remember hearing something about that. Apparantly Yoda explains it all and teaches it.
 Sivy
02-16-2004, 9:20 AM
i believe it has something to do with accepting that your death is the will of the force and being at peace. both obi-wan and yoda knew that they were going to die and accepted it, whereas qui-gonn was killed in battle and, well he looked pretty shocked when he was stabbed by maul so i'm guessing he hadn't accepted the fact that he may die.
 Lynk Former
02-16-2004, 9:25 AM
...we never saw anakin disappear...
 Xizor's killer
02-16-2004, 11:50 AM
But we don't know if he didn't dissapear
 dark jedi 8
02-16-2004, 12:55 PM
vader's armor looked pretty thin when luke was burning it. he might of dissapeared a little after he died. cause yoda didn't disappear right away like obi wan, there was a few second delay.
 Jan Gaarni
02-16-2004, 2:43 PM
According to the Jedi Council at www.starwars.com) Vader did disappear, we just never saw it.
 Jedi Luke
02-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Well, we'll just have to wait till Ep III when it comes out. It surely will be 10 times better than Ep I and Ep II.
 Xizor's killer
02-17-2004, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
Well, we'll just have to wait till Ep III when it comes out. It surely will be 10 times better than Ep I and Ep II.

It wouldn't be difficult
 dark jedi 8
02-17-2004, 7:25 PM
from some of the spoilers i've heard, Ep. III might even rival jedi. that's if lucas sticks to what he said he will and doesn't cut to many good scenes like he did in clones.
 Xizor's killer
02-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Lets hope he doesn't, Kinda a coincidence though isn't it, if everything is revelaed in EpIII that would amke two moves that are in the 3X table that reveal something major, Jedi had Leia being Luke's sister, Vader had some good in him etc. Just a little thing I noticed
 Miko_lover
03-08-2004, 6:52 PM
Ooh, mystery!

*turns on suspenseful music*

I was going to ask that same question myself. The one about Qui-gon, that is.
 DarksideDjembe
03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
I will be satisfied if:
Jar Jar binx dies in the first scene
No repeat of the muppets disaster (please god dont let there be ewoks or some other gay cute toy advertizement)
Padme gets naked (GL becomes my hero)
 dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 12:49 AM
why have ewok puppets when lucas could add digital ewoks to every frame! I'd love to see digital ewoks kill jar jar, then everyone teem up and start a ewok/gungan slaughter fest. but life isn't perfect and that will only happen in my head.:(
 jon_hill987
03-16-2004, 2:06 PM
He may not dissapear but I think Qui gon does become one with the force. my reasoning? well in E II when Anakin kills the tusken raiders and Yoda senses his pain and suffering, you can hear a voice in the backround shouting "Anakin NOOOOOO!!!". I think its Gui Gon.
 dark jedi 8
03-16-2004, 11:35 PM
it was qui-gon's voice and it should be explained in ep. III. that's if lucas doesn't cut it to give jar jar more screen time.:D :cool:
 jon_hill987
03-17-2004, 5:45 AM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
it was qui-gon's voice and it should be explained in ep. III. that's if lucas doesn't cut it to give jar jar more screen time.:D :cool:

I knew it, it's a conspiricy of some sort, I think Jar Jar did it. I think Jar Jar is the charicter (if you can call the part such) who should be cut, even though he alone was responable for the rise of the empirein EII

(please 4give, I can't spell big words)
 Xizor's killer
03-21-2004, 4:41 PM
I second that!
 dark jedi 8
03-21-2004, 8:55 PM
I'll second and a half that. mainly b/c i'd like to see him get mutilated instead of cut but sadly i dont think either will happen.
 Xizor's killer
03-24-2004, 4:27 AM
No because then the kiddies would revolt who love Jar Jar
 dark jedi 8
03-24-2004, 9:26 PM
child uprisings....huh, adults will make short work of them. a new civil war is in the makings!:rolleyes: :cool:
 Poggle
04-12-2004, 3:29 PM
I'd even welcome ewoks back into the fold if they promised to kill jar jar!
 Darth Talliusc
04-29-2004, 4:54 PM
im sure it has something to do with the ability to continue on existing in an almost ethereal state like yoda/ben/anakin did.

why else wouldnt we see that ghostly image of qui-gon post tpm? or at his funeral lol (talk about funny happenings "he was a good man and... oh wait hes by the drink table lets go say hi")

the only time we see qui-gon again is when he yells at anakin to stop in AOTC and we dont see him there, just hear him.

also it could just have to do with the fact that qui-gon served the living force which is supposed to be different somehow then the normal force study that goes on (somebody more knowledgeable on the subject can fill you in if he/she so chooses)

for all we know obi-wan was the first jedi to be able to appear as a ghostly image, which would explain yoda's reaction to hearing qui-gons voice nicely. and it would also explain why vader stomped obi's robes looking for him in ep4.
 lukeiamyourdad
04-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Perhaps they can only appear to the ones they have a strong connection with. Like Obi, Yoda and Anakin all appeared for Luke only(obviously, Leia didn't seem to have noticed them) and how only Anakin heard Qui-Gon's voice.
 Darth-Bane
05-02-2004, 10:01 PM
I can picture little teddy bear ewoks killing jar jar with the spears :)
 dark jedi 8
05-10-2004, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Perhaps they can only appear to the ones they have a strong connection with. Like Obi, Yoda and Anakin all appeared for Luke only(obviously, Leia didn't seem to have noticed them) and how only Anakin heard Qui-Gon's voice.

i thought it was only yoda whom heard qui-gon's voice. and going along w/the strong connection thing. maybe only force users would be able to see the spirits? maybe that's why in ANH luke could only hear obi wan in the trench run b/c he wasn't strong enough to see him. this will definately be interesting to see how GL plays this out.
 joesdomain
05-23-2004, 4:08 AM
Qui-gon didn't know how to do the procedure to make himself appear after death as a spirit. Yoda must teach Obi-wan in episode III.
 guybroom
06-06-2004, 12:25 PM
before I type something in, it will be a spoiler and I am not sure how to make it say 'I]spoiler[/I]' so can I have a it of help before I post it.
 Jan Gaarni
06-06-2004, 1:00 PM
Type in [*spoiler] and then what you want, ending with [/spoiler*] (lose the *).
 guybroom
06-08-2004, 3:48 PM
Thanks Jan. Let's see waht this baby can do...

Now, I know that super shadow is a complete load of **** but apparantly it is partly true. I've heard on one of the super shadow sucks threads here, that they take a look at hyperspace webcam (http://www.starwars.com) and piece together the rest.

So anyway, this is what I read when I thought it was true.

A funeral is held in Padme’s honor. Some of her handmaidens and Sio Bibble attend the ceremony. From the afterlife, Qui-Gon Jinn communicates with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan (with Bail Organa and Yoda’s input) decides to hide the Skywalker twins on Tatooine with Owen and Beru Lars. It is Bail Organa in his Tantive 4: Blockade Runner that carry Obi-Wan and the Skywalker twins toward Tatooine.

Any good?
 Jan Gaarni
06-09-2004, 9:24 AM
LOL, if this is true I'd love to see how he manages to explain all the loose ends that are gonna present themselfs. :D I will call him a genious if he pulls this off well. ;)
 Kurgan
06-10-2004, 4:53 PM
The Ewoks were people in suites, not muppets

Never understood the dislike of muppets in Star Wars, after all, we liked Yoda well enough didn't we? And he was only CGI in AOTC (and that one scene where he's shown walking in TPM).
 Sead the Darkes
06-16-2004, 7:45 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Leia saw Vader as a ghost ( I belive it was in some book, maybe a peace on the Bakura).
Page: 1 of 1