Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sithspeeder?

Page: 1 of 1
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 12:12 AM
I got the latest enhanced version of ojp to try it out, and in the readme file, I found this under the vehicles:
Sith Speeder
Multiplayer, Vehicle
Model Names:
sithspeeder

Description:
"A pared-down crescent-shaped conveyance, Darth Maul's Sith speeder is a very utilitarian craft stripped of all non-essential features to deliver the swiftest speeds possible. Deployed from the Sith Infiltrator, Maul's speeder bike traverses distances across land when use of his starship is deemed unnecessary. When searching for the escaped Queen Amidala of the Naboo, Maul used the Sith speeder to soar towards the Queen's starship on Tatooine. He lept from the moving vehicle and immediately engaged in a duel with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn." (starwars.com/databank)

Weapons:
(Dropped) Hovering Mines - Can be shoot. Explodes on after a period of time. High Damage.

now I went looking, and All I found was the one with eopie and STAP, where is my sith speeder? :(
 razorace
02-04-2004, 1:00 AM
Looks like it was accidently missed from the release. Oh well. It will be in the next one.
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 1:12 AM
ok, thanks just wonderin.

also, if it's just mines that it leaves behind as the only weapon, you may wanna consider adding swoop bike blasters to it.
 razorace
02-04-2004, 1:44 AM
It's just a transport swoop. It doesn't really make sense to have guns on it.
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 2:04 AM
Originally posted by razorace
It's just a transport swoop. It doesn't really make sense to have guns on it.

well, if I'm correct i asusming it's like the sithspeeder on pcgamemods with the mines, having weapons THAT powerful doesn't really make sense either, at least not from this point of veiw, cause if it can carry a mine heavy enough for that powerful explosion, it would probably be a lot, LOT slower :rolleyes:
 razorace
02-04-2004, 4:21 AM
You have a good point. At this point I haven't really been messing with the vehicle files as I've been leaving that up to the authors.
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 4:27 AM
Originally posted by razorace
You have a good point. At this point I haven't really been messing with the vehicle files as I've been leaving that up to the authors.

ok, thanks, But also, if there was a vehicle that could ONLY lay mines, everyone would just keep their distance and shoot the mines it layed before it got out of range, at least that's what I'd do.
 keshire
02-04-2004, 4:39 AM
Also the beta version of the Acklay by Monsoontide has been released. You may want to take a look at it. ;)
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 4:40 AM
Originally posted by keshire
Also the beta version of the Acklay by Monsoontide has been released. You may want to take a look at it. ;)

has no attack, but when they get sounds/attacks in, and HOPEFULLY find a way to run people down with it, now THAT would b a lot-o-phun
 keshire
02-04-2004, 4:57 AM
So far no animal vehicle has attacks. It would be nice though. And as soon as they implement them I'll change the the animation.cfg to include them. And I'm currently working on a good running anim that will make running them down look realistic. As it is its just a simple matter of adjusting the mass I believe.
 razorace
02-04-2004, 8:39 AM
Originally posted by AIVAS
ok, thanks, But also, if there was a vehicle that could ONLY lay mines, everyone would just keep their distance and shoot the mines it layed before it got out of range, at least that's what I'd do.

You'd have to be a crack shot to do that before the vehicle is out of range.
Page: 1 of 1