Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Admin Mods: Which is the best?

Page: 1 of 1
 --ZeeMan--
02-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Ok, i could use some serious help here. Which is the best admin mod to use? I know that there is the omni mod (which sucks a$$ no offense cus you can't have black in the names easily), x mod, ja reloaded, and ja +.

Currently i have ja+ 1.7 and have noticed that there are a lot of bugs in it, the main one being the inconsistent dueling results and the totally trippy (and sometimes cool, but always occur when you don't want them to happen) special moves.

Soooooo basically i wanna know if there are any other mods out there, pluses and minuses of them, where to get them....cus that would be extremely helpful.
 gotcha8903
02-03-2004, 10:35 PM
I would suggest Xmod, its the best one ive seen. The features for any mod are two many to name, so here is the site:

http://www.cat5camp.com/xmod2/)
 vS:Mr.Joshua
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
LOL^^

As far as admin mods go... they're all the demise of the Jedi Knight series. Go into any other game and see if you get "slapped", put to "sleep", "teleported", etc for "laming". It won't happen. Why? THERES NO SUCH FREAKING THING AS LAMING IN VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!
 TK-8252
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
ROFL!
 shukrallah
02-03-2004, 11:46 PM
None.

basejka rulez all.
 --ZeeMan--
02-04-2004, 7:13 AM
thanx gotcha i'll look into that
 Crow_Nest
02-04-2004, 12:13 PM
xMod ownz :cool:
 Prime
02-04-2004, 2:07 PM
I say base JA is the best, but if you really want a mod, XMod is the only one worth using.
 Master William
02-04-2004, 2:57 PM
They all suck.
 Kurgan
02-05-2004, 2:40 AM
Xmod2 is by far the best (so far) because it not only removes the "amlame" abusive commands like JA Reloaded, but it also includes many (optional) gameplay changing/enchancing features like flip kicks AND it has a nice automatic "honor system" for people into that sort of thing, that doesn't rely on bullying commands like amslap.

Xmod2 has all the USEFUL commands you could ever need without all of the unnecessary garbage thrown into many of the other mods, plus plenty of bonus features to keep you happy.

In short, it's pretty darned good, though I myself feel that the built-in rcon commands are enough for my needs.
 Venom666
02-05-2004, 4:32 PM
I still think the best mod out there is the ja reloaded mod it perfectly does what you ask it without many screwed up stuff or posible abuses
 P.I.M.P
02-05-2004, 8:54 PM
I use JAR 1.2 on my server. It' seems ok. The only reason I use an admin mod is just for IP logging. If the stock app did that, I would have no need for a mod. Hopefully it will in the new Q4 Engine.
Page: 1 of 1