Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What would you ask LEC?

Page: 1 of 1
 Swoosh
02-02-2004, 11:50 PM
LFNetwork and SWBattlefront.net have been asked to come up with a list of questions to ask the Battlefront development team. Post some questions you'd liked asked and we'll narrow the list down to a managable amount and forward them to LucasArts. So post your questions here and be sure to ask some good ones!

Swoosh
 pink lightsaber
02-03-2004, 12:12 AM
OK, here is my question.

How many different maps will be available and what are they.:D
 Jed
02-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Mod tools - Will they be released with the game? Later on? At all?

With multiplayer games comes cheating - will PunkBuster or some other form of cheat-protection come with the game?

Will think of more later...
 IGx89
02-03-2004, 1:23 AM
Will it have robust anti-teamkilling features, like forgive/punish (in Enemy Territory) or ROE (in America's Army)?
Will the community be able to easily make new maps and mods for it?
Will it allow alt-tabbing out to the desktop? (IMO a crucial feature in a multiplayer game, to allow me to easily invite friends to play with me)
 lukeiamyourdad
02-03-2004, 1:26 AM
You saying the game is similar to BF1942, how much will it be similar and what are the differences(besides being Star Wars)?
 dj_raider
02-03-2004, 1:44 AM
As a comic book-reader, I've noticed some battlemachines from the original trilogy in the prequel trilogy (ex. the AT-AT walker in the Star Wars - Republic comics), will both timelines feature same elements? Weapons, jetpacks for original trilogy, speeder-bikes for prequel trilogy, and so on...

And a second question, how will you create the Star Wars "feel", besides working really hard on looks of the game? Music, atmosphere, soundseffect. Having played the Clone Wars game, I felt there was too much creative use of elements not seen in the movies, and didn't seem right to recreative the feel from the movies.
 eastcoast2895
02-03-2004, 2:50 AM
i like the maps question. also i wonder what is there weapons list, how they plan to do anti-aircraft (meaning how affective the rocket launcher will be, if there is another infantry anti-aircraft weapon or is it just the rocket launcher, vehicles, and stationary guns seen in pics), a list of weapons, a list of special characters and abilities, list of classes, list of vehicles, and list of all gameplay modes. yeah so a list of anything they can give us, but the one i like the most is the number of maps and what are they (like multiple maps for each world or one map per world)
 Sounds Risky
02-03-2004, 5:47 AM
How large will the maps be?

How many passengers will the gunship be able to carry?

Why only 32 player support?

How will the Kamino map work?

What's the view distance?

Is the playable Seperatist Army made up entirely of droids?
 VanLingo
02-03-2004, 7:28 AM
1.) Is it going to feature lock-on targeting or a reticule for third-person?

2.) Is there a limit on how many vehicles can be on the battlefield?

3.) Other than bailing out, do players have the ability to stop a vehicle and disembark (as well as jumping into a stopped vehicle)?

4.) Will there be clan support, like automatic tags and friend lists?

-- Lingo
 Craftsman
02-03-2004, 7:47 AM
1) Will SWBF use directx 9 or later technology?

2) What is the total list of vehicles and weapons that will be implemented in the game?

3) How long will single player take to complete?

4) IN single palyer which side do u take or can u choose? Are there different missions for each side?

5) How effective is the AI?

6) Will be the PC version of the game be able to adjust the graphics ie detail, ect ?

7) Will the weapons and vehicles have variety so a gamer will be able to choose a weapon or vehicle becase of a unique strengh?

Cheers
 Sivy
02-03-2004, 7:56 AM
minimum system requirements?
 Isoparm
02-03-2004, 8:07 AM
1. what type of physics engine is being used, and will there be a difference in the physics quality in all 3 different version. Will there be only ragdoll physics on players or both players and vehicles and world objects? or none, just using physics sims on objects and characters inside a 3dpackage baking the animation and exporting it out a premade sequence?

2. Will there be different graphic enhancements for the xbox/pc version like...bump mapping, vertex/pixel shaders seen in games like kotor/halo/etc and what is the difference in texture resolution between the xbox and pc version.

3. what type of lighting is being used besides the soft blend that is similar to prince of persia, volumetric shadows on characters and world objects? or something more like ut2k3?

4. If mod tools are ever released will there be support for 3dsmax/maya/softimage/lightwave?

5. How are levels constructed/terrain? inhouse level editor, or modeled and exported out or a mixture of both?

6. Will there be a difference in player/vehicle polycounts between the 3 different versions

7. How has the developing for the ps2 limited the physics/graphics for the pc/xbox if at all?
 MasteR PudsLiG
02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Will there be a "kill-cam" like in Call Of Duty (i love this feature in cod)
 jokemaster
02-03-2004, 10:52 AM
^there should be.
My questions, which haven't been asked yet:
Will it make any difference being a pilot in say, the empire than for the rebellion?
Is the republic army made out of just stormtroopers?
Will there be any maps of planets we haven't seen before?
How will single-player be different from multiplayer in the gameplay itself?
 Pad
02-03-2004, 11:28 AM
How interactive will the terrain be?
What about accuracy and moving?
Will there be a stamina bar which allows people to jump and run at certain times?
Can people pick up enemy weapons?
If figting goes on near buildings, will they be accessable?

More to come
 Hermie
02-03-2004, 11:47 AM
How many people will the :atat: be able to carry?
How many (and what) vehicles are there?

I can eliminate some of the questions above by answering themself:

Is the republic army made out of just stormtroopers?
I belive you mean the Imperial army, and no. there is also an Imp Offiser that can spot Rebel stealth guys and call an air strike. also the pilot looks different.

How will single-player be different from multiplayer in the gameplay itself?
3) How long will single player take to complete? 4) IN single palyer which side do u take or can u choose? Are there different missions for each side?
not very. its the same, exept there are bots isntead.

what type of physics engine is being used?
they are making they're own one.

How many passengers will the gunship be able to carry?
6. dont know have many times I have said that.

[/Battlefrontguru]
 Swoosh
02-03-2004, 1:55 PM
OK guys...keep your questions coming. I will be closing this thread tonight and compiling the list for LEC/Pandemic. Then I'll post the final questions here.
 Alegis
02-03-2004, 2:27 PM
Awesome :)

I'm a bit unsure about all the flying vehicles stuff; will we be able to fly all of them (some might be bots); air vehicle limit; good anti air?

The "at-sts" in the trailer looked more like AT-PTs with their heads so low(next to the legs) will this be improved?

maybe a bit to early:
After the release of SWBF do you plan to keep working on some small stuff for it afterwards? (patches) And also for example (before release) keep in communication with the community by for example LFN? (answer more Q here, post stuff here..suggestions etc)
 Crazy_dog no.3
02-03-2004, 3:35 PM
Will there be extra downloadable maps? (like Battlefield)
 ExcelsioN
02-03-2004, 3:40 PM
1.)Will vehicle interiors be moddled (like the BF1942 APC) or will we just the the vehicle like in Jedi Academy? If so, can we walk around inside the AT-AT?

2.)Will we be able to jump?

3.)Will be able to appoint a 'team leader' who could perhaps raise morale (i.e. increase health for troops in a certain radius around him)?

4.)Will the gun/vehicluar combat be balanced? Or will it turn out like BF1942 with a much heavier emphasis on vehicle combat?

5.)Will we be able to change day/night options for the levels?

I'll think of more soon.
 Thrawn
02-03-2004, 5:43 PM
1. Will the game be playable at all on a 56K internet connection?

2. How will the special team abilities work? Will one person be in charge of deploying them, or does the team vote?
 dj_raider
02-03-2004, 5:59 PM
How many different soliders will there be for each side? Will there be any ARC Troopers for the Republic side, will there feature any EU-characters, and what about the tanks from The Clone Wars games?
 Boba Rhett
02-03-2004, 6:24 PM
Hehe. I don't have any ideas for good questions that differ from what's already been posted but I want to know if we'll see Max hidden in the game somewhere. :D
 ExcelsioN
02-03-2004, 6:35 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Hehe. I don't have any ideas for good questions that differ from what's already been posted but I want to know if we'll see Max hidden in the game somewhere. :D

We will. Certainly. You can't have a Lucasarts game without Max hidden in it somewhere.
 Boba Rhett
02-03-2004, 6:55 PM
That's not true. Some don't. :(
 Alegis
02-03-2004, 7:06 PM
(Max?? is that that white bunny? Never seen him anywhere...)
 ExcelsioN
02-03-2004, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
That's not true. Some don't. :(

Well...a lot do. Look for Max on Jedi Knight, Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island...
 Sam
02-03-2004, 9:06 PM
1. How many weapons can we pickup/carry?

2. Will the classes have different stats (HP, speed and defense)?

3. Is there hand to hand combat?

4. Will there be team specific weapons?

5. Will there be team specific vehicles?

6. Can the special NPC Jedi use the force against you?

7. How fast/slow is the projectile speed going to be?

8. How many hits will it generally take to kill someone?

9. Will the vehicles be the right size compared to players?

10. How long can players stay in the air with the jetpack?

Thats all I can think of.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-03-2004, 9:06 PM
Errr Off-topic :p

Will there be a limit of players for a certain class(like I've heard about those stealth guys, will there be a limit of people playing them in a game)?

How do you expect to balance Stealth units, Jet-Pack trooper and units as powerful as Droidekas?
 dj_raider
02-03-2004, 9:59 PM
Will Kamino be an entirely water-level, actually an air-level, since I presume we'll be fighting in air?

Any female characters to choose from?

How effective will thermal detonators be, since they variate much from SW game to game.
 Swoosh
02-04-2004, 2:09 AM
OK guys and gals...I'm going to close this thread in order to compile a good list. Thanks everyone for your ideas! I hope everyone is happy with the final selection we make.

Swoosh

EDIT: A list of wide ranging questions was sent out to LEC tonight! Hopefully we'll have our answers soon enough!
Page: 1 of 1