Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bughunting (Xmod2)

Page: 1 of 1
 =X=Master HeX
01-27-2004, 8:09 AM
I am interested in bugs people have found in the different gametypes that I missed in the latest version of xmod. (other then cruddy collision)

Please list out any/all bugs you guys find in the game and I'll do my best to fix them all.

[edit]Please also describe how the bug can be reproduced so I may demonstrate it to myself on a test server.
 MasteR PudsLiG
01-27-2004, 8:51 AM
Are you wanting to try and fix some bugs in siege? if so i know why/how the bridge on hoth dissappears if you want to fix it, i will pm ya.
 keshire
01-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Currently RazorAce is revamping the saber collision code. Being that its part of OJP you may want to get in contact with him.
 =X=Master HeX
01-27-2004, 7:12 PM
Not interested in chaning saber damage code. Short of Raven patching it... players often don't accept changes that modify the saber drastically.

Please explain to me how the bridge disappears also... Posting that you know of a bug w/o explaining doesn't help at all.
 MasteR PudsLiG
01-27-2004, 7:28 PM
I know that, but i wasn't sure you was aiming your mod at siege. so i asked, i'm in your irc channel right now, when you will come online i will explain it, i wont post here, its not somthing that should get out....i just want it fixed.
 MasteR PudsLiG
01-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Now you have saw the demo i hope you can fix it:D
 razorace
02-01-2004, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by =X=Master HeX
Not interested in chaning saber damage code. Short of Raven patching it... players often don't accept changes that modify the saber drastically.

Well, there's the damage code and then there's the collision code. I'm revamping both, but I suppose you could just hack off the improved collision code for your own purposes. Anyway, I've completed the collision code improvements and they make a quite a bit of difference but it has to be comboed with a higher sv_fps to really get the sort of hit detection that people want.

I can fix issues with the saber hit detection logic but it's not possible to get around the sv_fps issue without the actual engine code and a buttload of work. For OJP, I'm going to have it be defaulted to a higher setting because people seem to be too stupid to do it themselves. :|
 Tinny
02-01-2004, 6:21 PM
the flip kick is awsome and works well against bots and other players. i was hoping you could allow the flip kick to also affect the single player npcs spawned into an mp match :)
 shukrallah
02-01-2004, 10:08 PM
this is kinda dumb, but i noticed when i joined a server, running Xmod.. my name didnt display correctly because this symbol didnt show up: §

my name is [DF]luke§kywalker1 so my name looks kind of dumb with out the §. No big deal if you cant finx it (or its not your mod) but it normally works on servers. Could have just been the server i was on O_O
 AxVegetA
02-02-2004, 7:09 AM
All the mods are ****ed up, they are all fun, but they all have a big delay/ghostings/warping. And not to mention the hit detection system.
 =X=Master HeX
02-03-2004, 2:03 AM
The "§" character doesn't show up in the console and other messages. I removed it and a bunch of others for this reason. It's confusing to admins and players when someone's name is one thing in some messages and another in others. At some point I will fix the client side up a bit so that the character can be displayed/used.

The entire delay/warping stuff has to do with the client being out of sync with the server when things like flipkick or yellow dfa unlock are enabled. This is fixed if you use the xmod client and connect to the newer version xmod servers.

You may also use the client on non xmod servers but you will have to set the client cvars yourself. (they are listed with /cg when running the client) It may not fix it 100% as other mod maker's server side code isn't exactly the same as mine. Keep in mind that you can only do this on non pure servers, or pure servers that have the xmod client in their game folder.

Off topic and related to pure servers.. there is no reason to make your server pure as it offers you negligible protection and a false sense of security from client mods. Anyone who wants to bad enough can replicate the CRC from the original pk3 files on their modified pk3 with simple tools. So in short you are preventing players from using custom skins/models easily for no good reason. I've had people tell me it protects their server from aimbots and hacks.... sigh
 Lathain Valtiel
02-03-2004, 2:42 PM
Umm.. Not like aimbots NEED A DAMN PK3 TO BE USED...
 MasteR PudsLiG
02-03-2004, 3:21 PM
will there be openGL protection in the clientside mod in the future?
Page: 1 of 1