Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 6: PTH Part IV, Dark Surprises

Page: 2 of 5
 Redwing
02-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Raschel: I'm sure it's...well, Orthos, how can you be sure you're sensing yourself when you've ...never sensed yourself before? Maybe it's just an odd coincidence. *She adds murmuringly* I hope. *aloud again* Shouldn't we do something about those flames?
 Admiral
02-07-2004, 4:53 AM
*Idun leaves the girl for a second to speak with Heimdall*

Idun: It is serious, I'm going to have to stay with her, If I don't she will most likely die.

Heimdall: Alright, stay with her. I have a feeling she may be important later.

*Heimdall and Svafa exit the ship while Idun tends to the girl.*

Heimdall *to the group*: This crash is sure to have attracted some attention. We need to leave at once with full light and noise discipline. If you don't know what that means to put it simple, we will use no light and go as quietly as possible.

This is the last chance, if any wish to stay on the ship do so know. Idun is going to remain to tend the girl. Otherwise we leave now.

*Without another word Heimdall somewhat towards the lights in the distance and begins to walk with a quick pass in that direction. Intending to put as much distance between the group and the crash as soon as possible. Svafa follows closely behind him*
 BattleDog
02-07-2004, 9:54 PM
*Hal resists his instict to stay with the ship, deciding that Idun would probably be offended and she could look after herself anyway. He follows Heimdall, pulling up the hood of his robe, he becomes a black, indistict shape.*
 Redwing
02-08-2004, 6:02 PM
*Raschel, Aidan, Marin, Guy and Misae all follow the others away from the ship*
 Deac
02-08-2004, 6:43 PM
*Orthos and Elella follow*
 Admiral
02-08-2004, 6:43 PM
((If anyone want to stay with the ship after this post simple throw it in, otherwise I assume everyone is following Heimdall.

Deac: About the new/second Orthos, I'm sure this won't be a problem just the metting is changing a little.))

[Time Skip: A couple of hours]

*The group had moved quietly with no light towards what was now evidently a town. Currently they crouched in a ditch along side a road. A landspeeder had just recently passed by.*

Heimdall: Recommendations?

-----------------------------------------------------

Asgardreid

*Idun stayed with the girl, slowly bringing her back from the edge of death. She could see scars on the girl's arms and legs.

The ship itself had cloaked and moved off into a low geosync orbit.*
 Kuuki
02-08-2004, 7:05 PM
Irvine "Scout from a distence see what type of clothing they wear, and maybe we can get some sort of mock up of something like of sort, and attempt to 'blend' in?"
 Redwing
02-08-2004, 7:16 PM
Guy: I believe we are approaching Enoy's main mining settlement. I recommend we enter openly, but with caution. If we do, though, keep in mind this planet has not had traffic arriving since the destruction of five months ago occured. We might be their first visitors in that entire span of time.
 Admiral
02-08-2004, 8:41 PM
Svafa: I would agree with Guy. There is or was little evidence that this planet posses a danger to us. The only problem could be on how we got here.

Heimdall: We could say we came from another settlement and our transport broke down.

Svafa: I think that is best. We could also dress some party members to look the part.

*She looks at the Irvines with a mischevous look in her eyes*
 Kuuki
02-08-2004, 8:43 PM
*WH Irvine catches the look*

WH Irvine "Oh crap, what do you got in mind?"
 Admiral
02-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Heimdall: Svafa, no.

Svafa: What, we could let Misea do it. I'm sure she would find it a good way to release some stress.
 Deac
02-09-2004, 4:44 PM
Orthos: I'll blend in pretty easily. So long as I wear my gloves...

*Holds up hand with birthmark*
 Admiral
02-09-2004, 7:51 PM
Svafa: Most people can't reconize their own leaders. I highly doubt unless you bring attention to it that anyone would reconize you simply by your hand....
 BattleDog
02-09-2004, 8:43 PM
Hal: I fit in anywhere. *Gestures to non descript robes.*
 Kuuki
02-09-2004, 11:59 PM
*Irvine kept quiet, and obsurved Hal's comment.*

Irvine "Let me try a different approch, but in any case we should get what ever infomation we can and mett back here in about 3 hours. Come my Padawan." *spoken with a smile*

*WH Irvine is shocked at what he was called as Irvine throws his hood over, and re-arrages his clothing to a more Jedi fasion, standing up and walking stright into the nearest pub in such way that he didn't disturb the 'hiding place' of the others. WH Irvine tailing shortly behind following suit with his robes.*

WH Irvine "Irvy, what are you doing? I wouldn't doubt that everyone going to be pissed at you."

Irvine *softly* "Please keep your turn down, just follow suite, besides you're going to get your first lessons in using the Mind Trick."
 Admiral
02-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Heimdall: You think they would have learned by now. Anyone else want to leave them here?

Svafa: Sure, but I still think beating them would have been a good way to release some stress.

*Consulting the map*

Heimdall: Well, it looks like we are supposed to go into some mines. We could circle around the town and go in closer to the mine.
 Redwing
02-10-2004, 6:42 AM
Misae: *offering her first advice of the day* We should follow the map. It will give us plenty unnecessary detours on its own. We don't need to be making more intentionally.

Guy: Howeve, there are still workers in those mines twenty-four hours a day, and we know little about their habits. Perhaps, if Irvine and his red-haired twin insist on walking into pubs without our advice, we may as well follow them and watch in case they uncover any useful information.

Marin: I don't know much about these mining settlements, but don't you think Aidan and I would look too unusual? I look a little young for a person heading to a mining planet, and Aidan looks a bit...underdressed.

Aidan: I am not underdressed. You all are overdressed.

Marin: Do you think we'll be a problem?
 Admiral
02-10-2004, 4:09 PM
((Red: Just curious how does Guy know that there are miners in their 24 hours a day?))

Svafa: Misea does have a point, and personally I have no desire to play guardian to those two. Time is not something we have a lot of. For all we know in the future it may take a year before we arrive at a destination or longer. The sooner we get things done now the more leeway we may have later.

Heimdall: Marin, you can change your shape so you look older, and Aidan is simple another alien from another planet. I don't forsee any major problems. He could even be a benefit.

*Heimdall stands*

Heimdall: I've made up my mind. I'm heading for the mine, no real sense to delay. Any problems we can improvise a solution.

*Svafa nods her head in affirmation. She joins Heimdall and the two begin to walk towards the town. Their cloaks wrapped about them, the two walk on the side of the road visible to any possible traffic.*
 Redwing
02-10-2004, 7:39 PM
((OOS: He's done research on Enoy. I figure this falls under the kind of information that would've been in public records.))

*As the group follows Svafa and Heimdall*

Marin: Actually, that's the problem. I've been thinking...well, I'm not sure that would be the best thing. Last time I did it, I jeopardized the mission and almost died. Not only that, but Idun could have died herself trying to rescue me. I don't think I should shapeshift again unless it's absolutely necessary.

Raschel: I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't think I'll be much use to you if you end up in the middle of a fight...I think I'll follow the twins and make sure they don't get too lost. Anyone want to join me?
 Admiral
02-10-2004, 8:01 PM
Heimdall: It is your choice, but do not let fear make it for you, regardless of what you decide we will be plagued by danger, which could very well kill some of us. Also once you let fear have some control over your actions it has the pension for gaining more control making you second guess yourself and could eventually paralyze you.

Svafa: Marin, you concerns are valid, but also consider that it takes time for you to change shapes. Time we may not have. However, if you have made up your mind then if you wish we can teach you how to wield other weapons.

Heimdall to Raschel: I don't plan on waiting, so if you fall behind and can't catch up. Take this and Idun will pick you up.

*Heimdall tosses Raschel a small com unit*
 BattleDog
02-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Hal: I go to the mines. We have wasted too much time already.*
 Redwing
02-12-2004, 7:26 AM
Raschel: Well then I'll go alone. *She turns to walk off in the direction the Irvines had headed in, throwing a last glance at Orthos*

Marin: Thank you for the offer, but I'm very bad at handling firearms. *she pauses for a moment* I will shapeshift if it's necessary. I just feel I should be more, um, cautious about it.
 Admiral
02-12-2004, 3:59 PM
Svafa: If you're not going to shapeshift, then you shold know how to use a weapon. For you a dagger would be best I think. Just think more about what your chaning into and you should be fine.
 Deac
02-12-2004, 4:39 PM
Orthos: I...guess I'll go with her. Elella..?

*Elella smiles*
Elella: No problem. I'll go with the rest.

*Orthos runs after Raschel*
 Admiral
02-13-2004, 2:56 AM
*Heimdall and those who followed him made their way through the town towards the mines. Their walk to the mine was uneventful it seemed that most of the inhabitants had taken to staying in doors since the light vanished.

when they reached the outer gate they found a guard*

Heimdall: Hello. Please step aside, we need acess to this mine.
 BattleDog
02-13-2004, 9:51 PM
Hal: Yes, you will give us acces to the mines. *Makes the gesture.*
 Redwing
02-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Guard: Yes, I will give you access to the mines. *moving aside, turning to a panel next to the durasteel mine doors* You're the inspectors? Already? Wasn't expecting you till next week. I'll need your IDs to grant you access.

Misae: *repeating Hal's mind trick* You don't need to see our identification.

Guard: I don't need to see your identification. *Looks at the panel, appearing confused* I need to put your ID cards through this to open the door, though...

Misae: You don't need our ID cards. You will open the door and stop asking questions.

Guard: I don't need your ID cards. I will open the doors and stop asking questions. Wait...what am I saying? I can't open the doors without your cards. Gate guards aren't allowed in the crystal mines! What was I thinking? *He rubs his head*

Misae: How does everyone else get in the mines, then?

Guard: Why are you asking me? You're the inspectors, right? *He looks at Misae and the others suspiciously*

Misae: *exerting even more mental pressure* You will tell us and stop questioning us, now.

Guard: I will tell you and stop questioning you, now. My apologies. Well, the bosses have their own cards. They won't hand them out to us or the workers, for "security reasons". Paranoid, maybe, but...some of these crystals are worth quite alot. So, no one goes in without being supervised by the head guys. As you know.

----------

*Raschel and Orthos arrive at the pub the Irvines went into*

((Scar, post :p))
 Deac
02-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Orthos: I feel it getting closer...

-------------------------------------------

Elella: I have to learn to do that!
 BattleDog
02-14-2004, 9:48 PM
Flax: It only works on the weak minded. Besides it treads very close to the dark side if over used.

*To Gaurd.*

Where is the boss now?
 Kuuki
02-15-2004, 1:19 AM
*The Irvines sit at a table in the pub, both with a glass of Corellian Ale. The Pub was having its happy hour, but the mood wasn't exactly like that. They were given suspicious eyes every now and then. Although it was merely purely out of curiocity why suddenly two Jedi, right out of the blue, walk into a pub and order drinks.

WH Irvine was all that much enjoying the trip, but Irvine remain patient, but still had a few doubts. However as much as he could feel the slightly unplesant mood in the pub, Irvine still kept a slight tab on the group, and maybe Raschel's and Orthos' presence, there was alot to focus though, even for the young Jedi.*

WH Irvine *softly to Irvine* "I don't like this, this is taking too long."

Irvine "For what? you'd expect someone to just open up and come here and spill what ever information to some strangers from no where?"

WH Irvine "I don't know how you can be so patient."

Irvine "When you had four months to think something over that happened during a few hours, you'd learn patience too."

WH Irvine "You haven't been too open about that experence of yours anyway."

Irvine "I haven't, besides we don't have time to me to tell you that story."

WH Irvine "What do you..."

*A blue alien walks up* ((damnit, i don't know these friken anme of those races (its the same as Rello's(jkii))))

Alien "Jedis? Whersh did yous comes from?"

*The pub goes quiet.*

WH Irvine *comments on the slur*"Would matter a bit more if you'd sobered up a bit."

*A few aliens burst into laughter.*

Irvine *waving his hand slightly* "So what can you tell me about this city?"

Alien "Sos what can I tells you abouts this city? Oh itsh a mining city, we mine.."

Irvine "That was simple, well all we can say that is that our transport had an unfortunate landing about 40 kilometers west of the city. Now from what I could tell there's no actual outgoing transports expected to leave soon. So, who knows where I can get some work?"

((not sure if this plays into anyone's hands ^_^; I ment to put in something earilyer but before i left, i didnt hit he reply button X.x))
 Admiral
02-15-2004, 5:16 AM
*Svafa shakes her head*

Svafa: There are much easier ways to handle this.

*She moves her arm from her side to around the guard's neck*

Svafa: While one of my coworkers retrieves their pass cards. Allow me to ask you about the security system of this installation.

*The guard looks a little confused and suddenly slumps. As he falls A tiny syringe is revealed in Svafa's palm. She has a cold smile across her face.

Heimdall captures the guard and props him up against the wall, as Svafa returns the syringe to a pouch on her belt and quickly moves to the control panel. With the infiltration skills of the Valkyries it was not a hard task to remove the panel top and rewire it.

The Door to the mines soon opens*

Svafa: Just as I thought, poor security. Well come on lets get going. The doors are going to shut in about four minutes.

*Svafa replaces the top of the manel, and she and Heimdall enter the mine*
 BattleDog
02-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Flax: Well I'm soory, I'm not a spy. That would be my mother, or my aunt.
 Admiral
02-15-2004, 11:20 PM
((BD: I think you got the wrong character name there.))

Svafa: That is not very jedi like now is it.
 Redwing
02-16-2004, 1:10 AM
Misae: Who says the Jedi are spies?

*Marin, Aidan, etc. follow into the mine, immediately facing the openings of over a dozen cavern halls. Carts are in front of most of the halls, full of bright crystals arranged by shape and color*

Guy: The map's line seems to go straight along the third path to the left. It seems to be forming as we go, stopping when we stop. We ought to do this quickly.

Aidan: I can hear mining workers down most of these caverns, but not in that one...

Marin: Not sure that's a good sign. *She takes a deep breath* I had better morph now.

----------

Pub

*Raschel listens behind the Irvines, trying to blend and regretting having nothing over the mithril armor she wore*
 Admiral
02-16-2004, 1:27 AM
*Svafa laughs at Misea comment*

Svafa: Think young one, before you speak. I know most of you Jedi are no spies, but there was once a time when I knew a few great Jedi skilled in the arts of infiltration. But that was long before your time.

Heimdall: Let's keep moving

*The door closes and the group can only move a couple of meters before a man stops them. Svafa positions herself between the man and the morphing Marin*

Overseer: Wait, who are you?

Heimdall: We are preforming a surprise inspection, what is down that tunnel.

Overseer: It's abandoned, there is nothing but a deadend.

Heimdall: We'll see about that, We've been getting reports about thieves and I think I know where they are stealing so if you don't mind stand aside.

Overseer: Yes, sir but you will find nothing there.

*The overseer throws one last glance at the group before returning to his group of miners.*
 Redwing
02-16-2004, 1:44 AM
*Marin finishes her morph. She thought-speaks to Svafa*

Marin: <Thank you.>

*She has become a winged, cat-sized dragonlike creature with jewel-colored scales. She struts around and sniffs the air, then leaps into the air and flies a little down the mining passageway*

Marin: *in public thought-speech* <Aidan is right, I believe. I don't smell any active scents down this way. I do smell magic, though not the kind that is formed in a living being. I believe some of these crystals hold magic energy in them.>
 Admiral
02-16-2004, 8:21 PM
*Heimdall and Svafa follow Marin down the passage way. The walls had only a few small crystals in them, the larger ones having been mined a long time ago.

Time passed as they moved further down the mining tunnel, eventually they came to a deadend. On the wall that prevanted them from going any further there was an impression of a sword.*
 BattleDog
02-16-2004, 8:38 PM
((Admiral: It doesn't really matter, since Taklin is dead. However, egg on my face.))
 Admiral
02-16-2004, 8:52 PM
((True, but I wanted to make sure it was Hal talking.))
 Redwing
02-17-2004, 5:28 AM
Mine

Guy: Strange. The line on the map continues past here.

Aidan: Looks like a dead end to me...

Marin: <That impression on the wall...is it just me, or does that look familiar?>

----------

Pub

*A surly white Twi'lek plunks down on the seat next to the Irvines*

Twi'lek: More off-worlders...Jedis, this time? *Eyeing Raschel and Orthos, who are eavesdropping a bit too obviously* You and your friends...odd sorts...*laughs semi-drunkenly* No offense meant mind you...Haven't had off-worlders visit here in four months...but believe it or not, you're not as strange as thast last group was here!

*The man next to the Twi'lek elbows him* Pay Rukol no mind, Master Jedis. He always talks like this when he's drunk. We don't want no trouble here...
 Kuuki
02-17-2004, 1:40 PM
Irvine "I see. A mining town is it?" *waves hand ever so slightly* "What else could you tell about this town?"
 Deac
02-17-2004, 5:04 PM
*Orthos butts in*

Orthos: Last group? Who were they? And have you seen anyone that looks like me?
 Admiral
02-18-2004, 1:44 AM
Heimdall: It does look familar I wonder.

*Heimdall draws his sword and holds it tip down right in front of the impression. What seems to be a strong magnetic force pulls the sword free of Heimdall and right into the impression. The rock wall envelopes the sword and the blade is completly swallowed by the wall.

Once that happens the wall swings backwards revealing another passage way. This passage was not that of a rough mining tunnel. Instead the floor was highly polished, the walls were straight and smooth. crystals jutting from the wall were luminous providing light.*

Heimdall: It did say it was a key, guess this is what it unlocked. So lets go forward.

*Heimdall enters the new passage while drawing his blaster*
 Redwing
02-18-2004, 1:49 AM
Pub

Twi'lek: Well, great wages, that's for sure! But terrible working conditions...and the bosses are so paranoid about employee theft, but anyone who's inside their inner circles---

*to Orthos* What was that you said there, kid? Oh...well, er...*sizes up Orthos* Nope, no one that looked like you, and by the Sith, I would've remembered. Group of...four, was it? Maybe five? Force...well, they wore strange clothes, like nothing I'd ever seen before...Their leader dressed the strangest of all. Can't even begin to describe it. But he did have pointy ears, and weird skin color for a human. Anyway, they asked alot of questions about weird things. Something about "magic". I know they were looking for a "shadow" who traveled with a group of Jedi and some aliens. Something about birthmarks and green and blue creatures...*looks at Raschel* Hey, in fact you look like one of the beings he described. Friend of yours maybe?

Raschel: *shakes her head* No, I don't think so...

----------

Mine

*The group is taken aback by the sheer beauty of the gorgeously colored, glowing crystals jutting out of the walls, untouched by mining tools, growing like some sort of rainbow garden*

Marin: <It's...amazing.>

*Her dragon morph's senses are overwhelmed. Magic streams everywhere, which translates to the creature's brain as an all-you-can-eat buffet. Marin catches herself fluttering between crystal clusters, seeking out the strongest "tasting" bunch. With supreme effort, she squelches the dragon's mind and reasserts her control, just before she takes a large bite out of the nearest gem.

Somewhat disturbed, and slightly embarrassed as well, she lands and demorphs*

Marin: Alright. Business. Where does the map say to go now?
 Admiral
02-18-2004, 2:27 AM
Heimdall: Well it is a straight corridor so I'm going to have to say we go straight.
 Kuuki
02-18-2004, 12:54 PM
*WH Irvine looks at Irvine wen he hears taht Sith were on the planet.*

Irvine 'This "Twi'lek" seems to be not so rather weak mnded, good thing this is appy hour or else this might not of had worked' *words it out just incase the mind trick isn't exactly working* "Could you lead us to the mines?"
 Deac
02-18-2004, 4:54 PM
Elella: It really is beautiful. I....

*Notices a door to the side. If looks as if it has recently been unearthed and scratched open. A set of humanoid footprints leades out of the mine*

....Wonder where those go...
 Redwing
02-18-2004, 9:20 PM
Pub

Twi'lek: Ehh? The mines? No one goes into the mines without supervision. Not even Jedis. That means you gotta be a worker. If you wanna register go to the registrar's office! Don't see why you'd wanna work in this hellhole, even if it does pay obscenely well... *gives the Irvines a long hard look* Maybe if you bribe the bosses enough, you might get a tour, if that's what you want...the mines 'emselves are on the southern outskirts, can't miss em even if you wanted to...

----------

Mines

Marin: Looks like someone's been here before...

*The group enters a large room. Crystals are everywhere, in a million shining, blinking, sparkling varieties. All shapes, colors and sizes imaginable grew from the walls, the ceiling, and the floor. Tiny paths wound through the crystals on the floor which had clearly been much larger once upon a time. The crystals nearly covered them over who knows how many ages*

Guy: The map indicates we simply need to reach the chamber on the other side of this room.

Aidan: "Simply"?

*The group picks their way separately along the tiny paths. Misae trips and cuts herself on one of the sharper crystals*

Misae: Sithspit! Stupid...Force... *She rights herself and keeps walking*

*Marin walks along the path nearest the walls of the room. Something about the crystals seemed to draw her to them. A certain bunch of deep purple crystals draws her attention the most. Looking at them, she notices they have a special depth to them, seeming almost as if the matter inside them was swirling, in motion, silky smooth despite the hardness of their exteriors...

She can't resist, and extends her hand to touch them. A warm, soothing feeling flows into her on contact. She could feel something inside her changing, but it never occurs to her to pull away. She stands transfixed, staring into the depths of the beautiful crystals, reaching out to touch them with both hands...*

Aidan: Marin? Marin?

*She doesn't answer. Aidan jumps over the sharp crystal patches and rows separating them, grumbling, and stands in front of her. She doesn't react. He pulls at her, and she appears to suddenly notice him*

Marin: Aidan? What's the matter with you?

Aidan: We're going to get left behind. The others are already all the way across the room.

Marin: Oh! Sorry, I got distracted...just look at these crystals...

Aidan: No, there's no time to look at crystals, Marin! We need to move. I wouldn't bet on the others coming back to look for us if we get lost or something.

*Marin looks at Aidan without really hearing him. She can feel some magic inside her, mixing around, seeping through her every pore, making her different...better...stronger. Aidan had never looked so small, even as she has to look two feet up at his face*

It's the crystals...they have power...they give power, they unlock power...gods' power...

*She realized that Aidan was worthless as he was now. Not like her. She felt as if she had been walking all her life wearing blinders, wearing chains in her mind. Now she was unfettered. Now she could see everything.

Yes, Aidan was worthless. But that didn't mean he didn't deserve what she now had. Hadn't she been just like him, only short minutes ago? Hadn't he he been her friend, always helped her - even if it was out of some misguided nobility?

She had to give him the power too. It was simple. All he had to do was touch the crystals and accept it like her.*

Marin: *in a condescending tone* It's okay, Aidan. Everything's going to be just fine. Could you break off one of those beautiful violet crystals for me? Off that cluster? *She points*

Aidan: *suspiciously, and taken aback by her tone and strange request* What? Why?

Marin: Please, Aidan? For me?

*Aidan looks at her even more suspiciously, but reaches up and with his gargoyle's strength, breaks the cluster of rectangular purple crystals off the wall. As he does so his eyes change. Then his expression changes, and Marin knows he understands now too*

Marin: *smiling wickedly* Told you everything was going to be fine, didn't I?
 Admiral
02-18-2004, 9:40 PM
*The door that had opened for the group silently closes and seals itself.

Heimdall, was at the otherside of the room when he looked back to see Marin and Aidan lagging behind. He also looked and didn't immediatly see Elella.*

Heimdall thinking: Maybe, she went to explore that side passage, or she could be with the others and I just missed her, but regardless those two need to hurry up

*Heimdall walks over to Marin and Aidan*

Heimdall: This is no time to be picking crystals. We need to keep going so please pick up the pace.
 Redwing
02-18-2004, 9:48 PM
*Marin watches Heimdall come over. She looks at the crystals in her hand.

Heimdall was arrogant, had threatened to kill her once upon a time, and was sometimes aggravating. But all that was only because of his attitude. He didn't see like she knew he was capable of seeing. But he had saved her life, and Aidan's.

And she liked him.

There was only one thing to do.*

Marin: You don't understand yet. But soon you will.

*Before Heimdall can react, she reaches up and presses a crystal to his face*
Page: 2 of 5