Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Basic Idea: Saber color "force"

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Sun
01-14-2004, 2:26 PM
Basically, a way to force a saber color to be red, blue, etc.

When creating weapons (SAB files in this case) I always stumble upon this problem, the "color" entry does nothing in multiplayer.

My sugestion would be to add a new variable to the SAB file system to force this "color" to override the RGB/player chosen color, something like a "forcecolor" cvar that when set to "1" it forces the color.

The idea came to me when I was trying to replicate several weapons from a very specific game (Phantasy Star Online actually) and the lack of a way to force colors was screwing up the entire thing, so I thought other "saber creators" were surely stumbling upon this same problem and decided to make this sugestion here.

Thanks in advance for reading.
 razorace
01-14-2004, 9:27 PM
So, why do you need to force a certain color?
 Darth Sun
01-14-2004, 10:34 PM
You might want to make a certain weapon have a specific (and fixed) saber color.

Say, for example, you want to say a certain saber is the legendary weapon of (insert some random name here).
It would most likely have a specific color only since that's how the original creator made it, you wouldn't be able to alter it (for a story purpose).

Would help with cases like this, it's just another possible tool for mod makers and saber creators.
 razorace
01-14-2004, 11:01 PM
I don't think it's really fair to arbitrially just set the blade color like that. There's a reason why we have it customizable in the first place. :)
 Darth Sun
01-15-2004, 2:04 AM
Yeah, I can see your point in a way.
It would be only for those who want something to be set when editing their own saber for a mod (for example), that's why it would be a new variable for the SAB file itself (like the "name", "SaberStyle", etc, options in the SAB), wouldn't be something to force all sabers to be stuck to a certain color.

Oh well, thanks for reading anyway.
Page: 1 of 1