Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

xMod 2.4.0 - Release

Page: 1 of 1
 =X=Master HeX
01-12-2004, 10:47 PM
=======
=Server
- The Subadmin command sc map will now function correctly
- You may now grant regular authed users subadmin powers via cvar
- Fixed ghoul2 saber throw issues making throw do the same damage each time
- Health and Armor now listed at the end of a duel in the duel gametype
- Health and Armor now listed at the end of a powerduel
- Updated server side reporting to the client mod
- Fixed an issue with the giveup emote that played an extra sound when returning your saber
- Server will now update the xmod clients if a cvar changes
- Fixed a bug related to debugmelee not being turned on client side
- Fix files can now be created and removed using subadmin commands
- Added Powerduel team locking
- New x_weapontoggle, x_duelweapontoggle, x_emotetoggle, x_subadmintoggle, x_authtoggle
- Fixed a crash issue with auto-kicking of bots
- Logging of all admin commands (temporary informational format)
- private admin and chat function via starting says with a *
- New rcon commands to grant/remove admin power
- Fixed up smart suicide mode 2 to record kills properly
- Repaired a crash issue with subadmin, gamecommands, and rcon commands
- Cleared up some emote errors
=Client 2.0
- cg_fov may now be set to a max of 120
- Updated the client to not require the server's flood protection to be disabled
- Fixed an issue with the client sending your admin password in chat
- Server settings are now updated if a cvar changes
- New CTF Gamemode scoreboard (others come in next version)

As always: http://xmod2.cat5camp.com)

P.S: If you are having issues with the powerduel/duel health messages please check our forums as there is an alternate download to fix these.
 Tinny
01-13-2004, 12:41 AM
when will (speed+jump) long jump and drain lvl 1 death hug (sp style) come in?
 Kurgan
01-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Hex, are you really going to add every SP move missing from MP into Xmod2?

Or are people just hoping you will? ; )

Keep in mind people requesting SP stuff in MP, there's a little issue called "balance" that might hold things up (not to mention that little thing called "lag")...
 Tinny
01-13-2004, 2:23 AM
sorry it came out as a demand, i meant it as a request.
 Slider744
01-13-2004, 2:30 AM
All sp attacks and totally new one + total new dfa are in 1.6 version of JA+

but there are already a lot of new attack in 1.5c
 =X=Master HeX
01-13-2004, 5:52 AM
I'll be adding in the speed jump for the hell of it (I thought it was a cool addition). As for the level1 drain deathhug... nope. I hated that in SP and in MP that will just slow down gameplay.

slider... <sigh>
 Darth Kaan
01-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Slider744
All sp attacks and totally new one + total new dfa are in 1.6 version of JA+

but there are already a lot of new attack in 1.5c

Slider this thread is about XMOD not JA+.
 Slider744
01-13-2004, 1:08 PM
HEX i want some feed back about what u have tested with your mod Xmod.......

indeed some people in this forum consider that my admin cmd lead to abusive use by too many people (what i didn't face when i play on internet but i know that some are using those cmd to abuse, so i understand why they want me to remove those cmd)....

So i read carefully all your readme, and my questions are :

those automatic systems does not lead to abuse by lamer because they will know and predict your automatic admin code behaviour?

for exemple, when there is a big ffa, some people may use the staff to kill everyone to get a big score and then run far away to become protected......

your anti cheat system or automatic admin system does not tend to punish the wrong person?

IS this altering the personnal liberty of player because they now are afraid of being kicked when they want to kill a personn that just trurned off its saber so that the killer be displayed as a lamer......whereas it was the other who first attacked ?

your word filter would't be use also to abuse and replace the name of a player you don't like by a bad word?
 Slider744
01-13-2004, 1:11 PM
But this said i think you have very good idea with those automatic admin system....

but i 'am afraid of altering personal liberty and not to have an AI engine enough good to detect the good abuser or lamer.....

So it would be great if people who have tested this mod could give here their feed back....
because Xmod is very interesting it is starting from very good ideas and alternative.....

thks to the community
 =X=Master HeX
01-13-2004, 3:30 PM
My honor system basically works in a way where if in fact it does cause the wrong person to be punished, it's not very harsh. If a player stands still with their saber down for X amount of seconds they become immune to all damage until they move, attack, taunt, heat, etc... There is an option that you can turn on that will cause people attacking this person to drop their saber for a small (or large) period of time. If that option is not enabled then the protected person just won't take any damage from anything other then the world entity. Each time a player moves, or something, to break their safety they must stand still for another X seconds with their saber down to be protected again.

I did it like this to prevent players from running into large groups of people to get in the way of actual combat. Normally when I played on an honor server in jk2 the people who were considered lamed were the people just standing around with their saber down (ie. not running around).
 Slider744
01-13-2004, 4:12 PM
Thks HEx for your details.....
 Crow_Nest
01-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey enough of the xmods, i have to keep updating it every few days!
 =X=Master HeX
01-20-2004, 6:56 PM
2.5.0 will be out any day now.. Just having a few issues with IPs and subadmin ;)
 gotcha8903
01-20-2004, 7:33 PM
:D just in time for our new server.............
 Tinny
01-21-2004, 1:20 AM
hey Hex, maybe you could do this in time for 2.6? i was hoping you could implement the ability to flip kick a npc spawned dude in multi like you can kick a player a bot. it doesn't seem to have any effect on them :/
Page: 1 of 1