Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enable Idle Saber Damage in JA (Thanks razorace!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
12-09-2003, 8:07 PM
Okay, thanks to Razor for suggesting the server side command (and it works!).

It's now going to become a permanent part of my server I think, 'cause it's cool!

d_saberSPStyleDamage 2

It's cheat protected though, so I had to put it in the shortcut command line for my dedicated server (+seta d_saberSPStyleDamage 2).

Just to be sure I also added it as a line to my server.cfg file.

Now if you touch somebody with your ignited blade they take continuous damage! It's independent of saberdamagescale, so you don't have to worry about a touch killing you. It does damage at a rate of 1 hp per 1/5 second or whatever, so a full second would take away 5 hp if you held the blade on them. Thus it seems to be more of a "gradual damage" than the "pulsing" effect we got from idle sabers in Jedi Outcast MP.

Also, another ignited blade will BLOCK it, almost like a mini-saber lock! (only they're not really "locked" just deflecting each other).

Makes the fights a little more movie-like and makes sabers a little more dangerous.

Before saber blades just clipped right through your model and didn't even make sparks!
 Tinny
12-09-2003, 9:34 PM
thanks Kurgan, i'll be using that on my server. btw how did you get the bots on your server to be much harder than normal jm bots?
 Kurgan
12-10-2003, 4:06 AM
DDS Ibots + DDS Rerouted (both available from Lucasfiles.com).
 Hypnosan
12-10-2003, 3:32 PM
Awesome! Going to give this a try on my server. Also quick question while on the subject of bots, for the "seta g_npcspskill" for the skill level of bots, what's the highest level they can be set to?
 Hitokage
12-10-2003, 4:26 PM
Can't seem to get this working. I added
seta d_saberSPStyleDamage "2"
to my server.cfg, and put +seta d_saberSPStyleDamage 2 in my server's shortcut command line. What am I doing wrong?
 Kurgan
12-10-2003, 7:11 PM
Here is what the target field of my Dedicated server win32 shortcut looks like:

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jampDed.exe +net_port 29070 +dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +seta d_saberSPStyleDamage 2

Notice I exec the server.cfg file before I put in the command.

That seemed to work for me (AND I put seta d_saberSPStyleDamage "2" in my server.cfg file)
 Darth Kaan
12-11-2003, 1:25 AM
Kurgan, I can't thank you enough for posting that shortcut info. :-)
 Kurgan
12-13-2003, 1:09 AM
NP Kaan. Now if ONLY I could get SP dismemberment to work in 1.01!

I've tried all of Mike Gummelt's advice and even tried RA's OJP 4 mod, but I still can only get my player to be dismembered, not enemies. Frustrating...

Awesome! Going to give this a try on my server. Also quick question while on the subject of bots, for the "seta g_npcspskill" for the skill level of bots, what's the highest level they can be set to?

I believe "5" is the highest value it recognizes.
Page: 1 of 1