Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skinning Default Customizable Models

Page: 1 of 1
 KissMyGrits
12-06-2003, 2:36 AM
Yes, that's right, the ones in the profile with the sections and colors, just trying to make sure I'm being clear. You guys must get tired of lazy people not wanting to skim the entire forum looking for a topic that was covered 100 times. Oh well xD

So would the color chooser thingy work for a custom one still? There's gotta be a tutorial on this, right? Just link me, I'll manage.
 razorace
12-07-2003, 7:40 PM
It's pretty easy to do. It's just an alpha channel on the textures and a shader. Check the default customizable models for details.
 KissMyGrits
12-08-2003, 2:42 AM
Yeah, but where can I find those models? Hell just the glms and jpgs will do just fine for me.
 razorace
12-08-2003, 3:48 AM
They're in the assets1.pk3 file in your /GameData/base folder of your JKA install.
 KissMyGrits
12-23-2003, 1:45 AM
Can you gimme like a direct route to the files, cuz I can't find them in assets1.
 KissMyGrits
12-29-2003, 4:52 AM
Ok, I got it now. I didn't realize the custom models were just named jedi. By the way, check this out.
http://www.xbox-connection.com/hostedimages/1337hax0r0-nage.jpg)
Everybody in the server saw it just like that. Really cool. I rock.
 KissMyGrits
12-29-2003, 5:55 AM
GUESS THE HELL WHAT. I MADE MYSELF INVINCIBLE. THAT'S RIGHT. BY DOING ^THAT^ THE RIGHT WAY. First people could walk through me, then I realized they could not hit me but I could hit them. It was 1337 pwnage. I couldn't move while people were inside me, and I could still be hit by lightning, but saber hit detection did not touch my model. EVERYTHING I did was totally legit through console. I SWEAR TO GOD I AM AWESOME. I'm gonna report this bug and then not tell them how I did it. JESUS CHRIST I AM THE ONE TRUE GOD! YES! GO ME! ><! I have several witnesses. I could bring them in. I did it twice total, it's HELLA HARD. I'm so freakin excited for some reason. I AM NOT LYING. I dunno how I could prove it to you guys... I need to do it again.
 razorace
12-29-2003, 7:42 AM
riiiggghtttt..
 KissMyGrits
12-30-2003, 2:48 AM
I SWEAR. I'm gonna try for some screenshots today. It's just like ghosting in the quake demo...
Page: 1 of 1