Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

textures not working for some reason?

Page: 1 of 1
 Vile
11-30-2003, 5:06 PM
ok this is getting wierd, certian textures show up as the grey and white lines ingame (messing texture thing) and it only happens to certian textures that should work as they are from the official SP game and some that are doing it are custom ones that I made for the map, and the other custom ones work but certian ones dont, any reason it does this?
 Vile
12-01-2003, 7:25 PM
anyone know ?
 WadeV1589
12-01-2003, 9:48 PM
First of all be sure if they are JPEG's that they are Standard Encoded (in all save as dialogs for JPEG you should get an options button).

Secondly they must have dimensions that are powers of two, so 32,64,128,256,512,1024. Any mix will do, so an image 1024x128 is fine.
 Vile
12-01-2003, 10:05 PM
now what about the textures that are already in the game as in the single player and stuff some of them do the same thing.
 WadeV1589
12-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Missed that bit...have you installed any custom maps? The matrix map for one totally destroys the bespin shaders I believe which of course affects SP. A silly oversight in the shader creation of the authors.
 UniKorn
12-02-2003, 10:14 AM
The textures that are not showing up, are they shaders or just common textures?
 Vile
12-03-2003, 2:33 AM
since I was a majot and good Half-Life mapper I am still trying to learn the terms and ways of Quake engine mapping (JA) so what is the difference between shaders and textures ?

And yes I have the matrix maps :p
 Pnut_Man
12-03-2003, 2:45 AM
The patch has been known to screw with some of the shaders and textures...

I and many of my clan mates can no longer see the beacon lights on the Hoth Single Player level.
I hope this can be resolved...
 Vile
12-03-2003, 11:56 AM
I found a fix for it, I just take the texture I want to use and add it to my maps textures file and use it that way, but that is only temporary.
 UniKorn
12-03-2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Vile
since I was a majot and good Half-Life mapper I am still trying to learn the terms and ways of Quake engine mapping (JA) so what is the difference between shaders and textures ?

A shader is a textfile that contains certain information about a texture (glowing, reflecting, impact sound, ...) while a texture is just the image.

In gtkradiant they appear almost identical, but shaders have a white square around the texture, and when you shift+click on them you'll automatically open the shader file associated with that texture.
 Vile
12-03-2003, 7:34 PM
cool
Page: 1 of 1