Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RGB Saber Colors

Page: 2 of 2
 Master_Keralys
02-17-2004, 3:48 PM
Excellent. How well can you get silver/gray with this particular mod, Tchouky?
 razorace
02-18-2004, 1:07 AM
I've ported the RGB saber code into Basic but I'm having technical problems. I'm working on it...
 razorace
02-22-2004, 6:20 AM
Ok, I did some more investigation into the bugs and it seems to be something that's broken with TCK's code instead of something on my end. Something just isn't right whenever a bot (namely the Alora bot) uses RGB scripting.

Whatever the problem is, it's causing a nice old crash in MSV debug and makes the player saber lighting look like ass in a normal compile. My debugger states that it's due to a bad pointer in the quake string search function at some point during the player init stage. I can't figure out exactly which statement is bad since the search phase can't be found by simply searching for the phrase in all the source files. Very weird.

I'm at a loss at finding a quick and easy bug fix since I have no experience with TCK's code. I'm going to contact TCK and see what he thinks.

Anyway, the real issue at hand until the problem is fixed is....

Should OJP still accept the code even thou it has a known and nasty bug in it or should we wait until TCK has had time to fix it?

Any input would be great.
 razorace
02-22-2004, 6:31 AM
Ok, well, the good news is that I've determined the problem and fixed it. Basically, the bots.txt file that TCK had sent me didn't match the correct format for the rgb saber scripts, weird.

Now I noticed that plain RGB sabers don't seem to be reading correctly from the bot files. :|
 Master_Keralys
03-03-2004, 2:31 PM
Is there any chance we'll ever get the SP SDK and be able to implement the RGB sabers into SP?
 razorace
03-03-2004, 7:21 PM
Well, I've heard that Raven released the SP source code for Elite Force but only after a very long time.
 Master_Keralys
03-03-2004, 7:39 PM
At least there's some hope, however small it may be. Course, they never did the SP SDK for JK2, did they? Somehow I think they'd probably have to fight with LA over it, and knowing LA, it'd never happen. Ah, well, nice thought....
Page: 2 of 2